Login
Advertisements
Advertisements

[2011-12 GDPI Helpline] By NITIE Students - the Last lap to enter Dream B-Schools Prep Resources

Dear All,
For the second year in succession, we bring to you the PaGaLGuY Official GDPI Helpline in collaboration with students of NITIE Mumbai. Helpline has the sole objective to ensure that you are empowered to crack GDPI in a better way.
The hard part is done but the harder part is yet ...
122 122
i do agree with your point my friend, there has to be a change in the existing system but what i am tryin to say is that why do u consider that the bill will only be another in the long list? Why not consider it as Santa Claus which is there so that people "behave":)
anyways jokes apart what...
The Police is under state control,CAG is just an audit body,Judiciary relies on investigative agencies for its function, CVC again is only a body which can suggest, CBI is under central government , the military is for the defense of the country. Now if a minister does a scam who will prosecute h...
BTW , i don't get ur point of separating governance and corruption !!
Containing corruption is a part of governance !! You can't separate these two !!
BTW , If i hold your argument , if the LOKPAL fails,then would you add another body to take care of it!!
LOKPAL is only making the sys...
Moving further , if we see the genisis of Lokpal , it was by the first Administrative Reforms Commission (ARC) in 1966. What they wanted was to increase the efficiency of the system and make provisions for public grievances . We need to understand that maladministration and corruption are differe...
exactly my point:)
I agree with u on the point that there is a strong need to look at the existing system and its flaws but i fail to understand why should the lokpal bill be made a scapegoat for ineffective policies existing till date.
THe bill is aimed only at corruption and nothing else, our MLAs and MPs are ...
Yes , the LOKPAL of the last 50 years ,i.e.,MLAs and MPs have performed so efficiently that till now only one acting Union Minister has gone behind bars for corruption . There can be two reasons for this : Either we are a country ruled by such honest representatives that the need to put anyone be...
the fact that u urself concede that the govt would be afraid to let go of CBI suggests that the bill has already brought a fear psychosis among the "babus":)
Regarding the changes, i strongly believe that there has to be a strong debate about the infrastructure requirement of such a huge proj...
1 1
In our Indian Democracy , the government is actually a 100-0 representation by the citizens (all citizens) by virtue of Polls !! If such an entity has failed ,it is time to study the reasons for its failure rather than creating a new body with a 50-50 representation !!
Dont you think ,there i...
1 1
SID , that is not what I meant by deriving powers from government!!
The CBI till date has been an entity under the governent and suddenly even if it is given an independent status or moved under LOKPAL ,I dont think the government would be let go control of CBI genuinely !!
It will certai...
Sorry for being a late entry to the discussion . Some of my friends have said RTI is a failure really ? 2G scam was unearthed because of RTI,Adarsh was busted with the help of RTI and still RTI is a failure!! Agreed it takes time to deliver information for so many RTI applications but does that m...
3 3
having said all this, i do agree that there are some fundamental flaws associated with the bill.
For one it does pose a massive problem in terms of manpower availability, to maintain a vigil over such a large group.
Secondly there are issues of inclusion of Pm which may become a threat to n...
my friend the Lokpal bill is NOT under the govt, that is in fact its biggest differentiator. it will be 50-50 civil society and govt, that is the essence of the Lokpal bill. and u r right that most govt bodies tryin to maintain a vigil over the govt fail and that is the biggest reason to believe ...
1 1
u actly answer your own question:)
all the problems associated with RTI u just mentioned are management or executive problems, nothing wrong with the bill per se. And i agree that the same problems may be faced by lokpal too, but that isnt a justifiable reason to shun it:)
i call RTI a succ...
I agree with Sakshi!!
For that matter any new body which is formed to check the government deriving powers from bodies which have been under the government (e.CBI) till now will only fail !!
LOKPAL will be a failure !!
LOKPAL is in fact a mirage!! A false sense of power and justice!!
Also ,in the present scenario -with so much of media attention and hue and cry and discussions ,the movement has not been able to attain a significance and everytime old man goes on a fast only to see a dwindling no of supporters !!
For instance, the MUMBAI chapter didnt receive the expected ...
Every bill / law talks of quick redressal . That sould be the very agenda of having a bill/law .
RTI as an Act failed to do so . The information commissions are being starved of resources. There are only six central information commissioners instead of the allotted 11, for instance, and limit...
2 2
Double post!!
2) Having Lokayukthas or local LOKPALs just creates a very huge network of people with power and hence creates or tends to create a sort of power shift or power check . This can turn out in any way - But seeing the way our legal systems work,the future looks leak!!
there is always a possibi...
double post!!