I am sure you all would have come across the iconic thread "Why HR?" by sumitrocks of XLRI.
We have decided to start a similar initiative for the dynamic and exciting field of Marketing.
The objectives of this thread are:
1. Discussion on marketing as a career
2. Learning about the emerging paradigms in the field
3. Trying to get a realistic picture of marketing as a career
4. Help MBA aspirants in understanding how an MBA in marketing can help them do well in the world of branding/sales/new product development
5. Helping 1st year students understand the pros and cons of specializing in this field and whether they have the required skill set
6. Lastly, we Bschool seniors want to learn more about the field from each other; to know different perspectives ; to understand how things are approached in different bschools; also to learn from each other's internship experiences
I and visionIIM-ACL
would be regular in this thread. We will also invite other interested Bschoolers to participate and contribute.
Hope we have a good time learning about Marketing;something which is a combination of art and science.