Login
Advertisements
Advertisements

IAS after MBA Jobs & Careers

Hi,

I am an MBA aspirant and also have an interest in being an IAS officer after my MBA, if given a chance and selected.

I just wanted to know if any other MBA student/aspirant/pass-out has similar aspirations and would like to discuss about the pitfalls and other matters regarding the Management subject optionals for IAS (UPSC - CSE exams).

If anyone knows someone who has done an MBA and then cleared UPSC, pls let us know on this thread. I am serious about it and hope there would be many people who would love to contribute to their NATION even after doing their MBA's also.

Optionals suitable for an MBA for the Civil Services Exam:
1. Economics and Management
2. Commerce and Management
(tell us about your optionals)

CSE 2008 notification at UPSC website:
UPSC

P.S: For Mods : is it proper to have an IAS exam thread here discussing the Management subject and its optionals here? If it is so, pls allow this thread to continue.
  • Like 7
  • Share 6
  • Quote & Reply
  • Follow
    • B I U
    B I U Post
    i am also interested in qualifying for IAS after MBA.................
    if your aim is only IAS then you have to be among the top 25 in the CSE merit list
    What exactly is IFS ?
    Also isn it too risky opion (I mean IAS) aftr yr Btech + 2 yr workX + MBA Coz I have heasrd horrer stories of guys giving up 3 - 4 precious years of their life for this exam and eventually end up with nothing...
    i have a long cherished dream to become an IFS.hope i don't have to forget the dream under the tremendous pressure of an mba career
    hi all
    I'm pursuing my MBA from an IIM. I would like to know the future of getting into the Civil Services ... like i have heard that people leave the civil services posts and come to do MBA. so am just wondering what to do?
    Civil Services like IAS, IFS etc look lucrative - but is it worth ...
    Hmmm..Nice thread..But I have already seen a thread of the same kind existing on PG :detective: not doing modgiri though.
    Good to know people here. I am doing PGDM focussed in Oil and Gas from Institute of Petroleum Management Gandhinagar...Batch 2007-09...and will appear in UPSC 2010...after ...
    13 13
    Management is not available as an optional subjet in prelims.But one can take this as one of the optionals in Mains.I've heard about people, who cracked Civil Services after passing out from IIMs.
    Every year a good no of students qualify Civil Services by taking Management as one of their opt...
    1 1
    Hi Frnds,
    I am pursuing MBA from NITIE. I am interested in taking CSE 2009.
    Can you tell me whether Management is available as an optional in prelims?
    As far as economics goes, I guess the economics that IAS demands is much more in depth compared to what we have done in the first year a...
    hi,
    r u an MBA yet?
    pls read the notifications in the Employment News or in the UPSC website.
    Management as a subject is allowed in the MAINS paper of IAS exam.
    But to qualify for mains u have to give the PRELIMS , where u can take Economics or Commerce etc which are taught in 1st yr ...
    1 1
    hi i m yatindra,
    i also want to go for ias after doing mba ,plz suggest me wat to do,is there any chance for management graduate like me.our subjects are allowed there r not?u can call me also
    my no is
    yatindra.