Login
Advertisements
Advertisements

Designations and Pay scales in TCS Jobs & Careers

Hi All,
Could some one help me in understanding how the designations are defined in TCS and how long it takes to move from one level to the next (especially from ITA to Assistant Consultant) also how much salary can someone with 5 years of experience expect in TCS?
Also can some one provide...
4 4
Debasis070 HI ..it generally takes 2-3 years but then it entirely de.... 04 Apr '13.
dark_Sector and some of my seniors at work were slogging at ITA post .... 21 Jun '13.
B I U Post
I am going for PGPM from GLIM chennai. My present exp is 39 months. What will they offer me when i shall come back. I am going in LWP
  • Like 0
  • Share 0
  • Quote & Reply
  • Follow
    • B I U
    6d
    Hi All , I am planning to attend interview with TCS , I have a gap in between my jobs about 7 months and with the current company I am having 2 years and 4 months experience and previous company I have 9 monhts , I need to know hoow much expericne will TCS take will they take the total of 2years...
    3 Comments
    oneyear 3yrs1mnth..designation system engineer. 6d.
    flashfox55 thanks much. 6d.
    7d
    Hi.........I am SE in TCS having 2.5 years of work ex......I am selected for XIME Bangalore.......................My current package is 4.3 L.........I wanted to clarify below points :-
    1)Do TCS considers XIME Bangalore in Tier 2 college?2)What pay package I can expect if at all I join back TC...
    3 Comments
    PsychicDevil @DreamHR 1. yes its Tier 2 college 2. around 6 LPA 3. a.... 5d.
    DreamHR @PsychicDevil Thanks a lot :) . 5d.
    Hello everybody !! Today I mailed my team lead that I am leaving the project citing some reasons and left office.My team lead was not present in the office at that time.At the time of interview for the project I had told them that I was interested in automation testing ,but recently I came to kno...
    6 Comments
    koustavnaha @auri_da they can escalate you n btw the worse is RMG ma.... 6d.
    auri_da @tarun387 @kpsiddhu @koustavnaha .. Thanx for your inp.... 6d.
    @dvchinmaya , @skashwin can you plz tell me what type of job profile & role can I expect after doing 1 Yr PGPM from Great Lakes Chennai Campus? I have 34 months of total experience in TCS & I'M taking sabbatical..
    6 Comments
    vampgm GCP is usually not given except to a couple of colleges l.... 1d.
    vampgm IT consulting or delivery is more likely. In some cases, .... 1d.
    Hi all..i wanted to know how much will be the salary after mba from SDMIMD? I will have 2.5 years of work exp by next year..thinking of taking a sabbatical! and what are the roles that i can get?, if i specialize in marketing ?
    5 Comments
    akshay2220 All tier 2 colleges get same package or it varies agin?. 08 Apr.
    vampgm @akshay2220 TCS has tiers. All colleges in a Tier are of.... 1d.
    Main TCS 2 years se pahle quit kar raha hun to mughe sirf 50,000 hi dena yoga na ya kuch aur bhi.
    ankitrocks Jaise aapki shraddha! . 05 Apr.
    jafri.azhar7 if its very close to 2 years like 20 -23 months and u r g.... 05 Apr.
    Hi All .....Need ur advice and suggestions !!
    At present i hv 2 yrs 8 months of exp in TCS .Gave CAT 13 for the first time n scored 80.82. Got D band as they released me during March in the name of cost cutting.Previous band was C. Now on bench from one month.Not worked in any particular tec...
    28 Comments
    ggaurav86 I will suggest joining MBA this year as next year you wil.... 4d.
    vampgm dude, with hands-on experience of 1 year at a premier B S.... 3d.
    Plz. Help. I joined TCS in October 2012, now I am selected in Bank PO in Bank of Baroda and I want to quit TCS. So now I have to pay whole 50,000 or it could be reduced, and to whom I should talk because I am on bench from January and on leave from previous one month. Thanks in advance.
    4 Comments
    ashwinashu90 Even if you are quitting for joining BOB..you tell the HR.... 2d.
    vampgm bond amount is reduced and if you go for higher studies i.... 1d.
    D band
    24 Comments
    sabuj9494 I am now in another project. And what is PIP? What will b.... 2d.
    dvchinmaya @sabuj9494 plz read the document present in Knowmax> .... 2d.
    Hello all ..i joined tcs last year dec 2012..i wrote cat and got into xime..since i have not completed 2 years..should i pay 50k?..i wil be having 16 months of work ex(including notice period during may)..pls help, i'm confused ..whom should i talk to for reduction in amount? and is it possible? ...
    5 Comments
    dvchinmaya if u r in project contact ur project HR or on bench conta.... 04 Apr.
    zhussain Hi All, there will be a One Time Full and Final settlem.... 05 Apr.
    Hi, Actually i joined tcs on sep 2012 ,but i completed my final anniversary in feb2014 as per it should be completed in sep 2013.. For H2 ,heard from my manager that i cannot initiate H2.Then what about rating and Bands which was supposed to get in April? Throw some info on this..
    dvchinmaya Based on ur Final Aniversary Rating u gt in Feb u ll get .... 03 Apr.
    bhuvaneshkv @dvchinmaya Thanks, you are really helping all time... 04 Apr.
    Hii Guys,
    I am on sabbatical and am doing PG Diploma in International Business from Delhi university.Wat roles should i ask for when i join back TCS and what is the expected salary ....My last CTC was 4.23...Also Is it possible to change ISU onc u join back. I was in ITIS earlier and wish ...
    4 Comments
    dvchinmaya As u r interested in BFS..u cn ask for Business Analyst r.... 02 Apr.
    Sniper_aadima I ve heard for tier 2 its 6.5 plus 50k per year of exp. 02 Apr.
    Hey all..i wanted to know if a sabbatical can be taken only after 24 months or can i take it earlier..say suppose 18 months, is that possible?pls reply!
    8 Comments
    akshay2220 dvchinmaya ?. 03 Apr.
    dvchinmaya @akshay2220 u shud complete 2 yrs in TCS. 03 Apr.
    Hi All,I joined TCS in Dec2009. I completed my 4th year on 29dec2013.But I had got D band in March 2013,C in March 2012 and C in 2011.Promotion was initiated in current project during 4th year completion on dec29 2013,but corporate HR put that on hold.Having said above,my manager,reviewer approve...
    16 Comments
    dvchinmaya @zhussain As it is band jump from D to C...ur performanc.... 07 Apr.
    zhussain Hello All, TCS Quarterly result day is 16 April, do we ha.... 3d.
    what s the nature of job for assistant system engineer in tcs...now am placed in tcs as assistant system engineer trainee of grade y...i want to kn about the growth in this stream..?
    dvchinmaya First in trainin i e in ILP u ll b trained in any one of .... 29 Mar.
    neerajspiky @dvchinmaya Thnx . 30 Mar.
    Posting once again :
    TCS Considers below colleges as Tier 1 :Old IIMs(BLACKI)XLRIXIMBFMS DelhiIIFT DelhiMDISPJain MumbaiNITIE MumbaiGrateLakes ChennaiJBIMS MumbaiAll other colleges approved by AICTE are Tier 2
    15 Comments
    dvchinmaya @sambit_beta then its dificult to get approved by HR...... 02 Apr.
    nav_nitj anybody knows if TCS offers sabbatical with NOC....means .... 07 Apr.
    Can I get assistant consultant profile in Tcs after MBA from NM-HYD
    26 Comments
    ajoy1988 Which all colleges are under tier 1 list ?. 28 Mar.
    dvchinmaya plz refer the recent post by me in this thread only. 28 Mar.
    hey,need your suggestions. Is there advantage joining Banglore TCS training center over others?
    my preference is Ahmdabad, Banglore , Pune
    3 Comments
    neerajspiky @skashwin Yeah, i know...........but they asked me for .... 27 Mar.
    dvchinmaya there is no preference for trainin center i guess...but i.... 27 Mar.
    3 Comments
    OrganizedChaos You might have to speak to your project manager about it..... 25 Mar.
    sartaj_n @anya90 First you need to get release from the project. .... 02 Apr.