Login
Advertisements
Advertisements

CFM - certified financial manager Jobs & Careers

hi puys,
just wanted to know of any one has got any idea abt CFM COURSE.... HERE IS THE LINK TO THE WEBSITE...
cfm-india.com
its a 1 yr distance program.it consists of four papers in 2 groups
Group 1:
Paper1 : INVESTMENT ANALYSIS AND PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT
Paper 2 : PROJECT APPRAISAL AND FINANCING
group 2:
Paper 3 : TREASURY AND FOREX MANAGEMENT
Paper 4 : STRATEGIC FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT

This is a Distance Learning Programme of one-year duration. It starts on August 1,,2007 on July 31,2008 . Group A will be covered from August 1,2007 to January 31, 2008 and Group B will be covered from February 1,2008 to July 31,2008.
many who have enrolled in the course say that it gives a good amt of knowledge on finance...that too with an indian perspective(something that cannot be got easily)....
and it has dr.prasanna chandra..the author of some finance books...so just wanted inputs from those who know abt the course....

thanks in advance

tgvrrr
  • Like 1
  • Share 1
  • Quote & Reply
  • Follow
Dear Friends,
This course is by Dr. Prasanna Chandra who has taught in IIM Bangalore for more than two decades.
He is very recognized in the Industry. This course started in 2003. It has made its presence felt in India, Nepal and Dubai.
I have many of my friends who are pursuing this cou...
2 2
CFM is crap................think BIG. It is money-machine for prasanna chandra.
Go for CFA,MBA etc but CFM never.
It is useless.
Shri
Hi Shilpa
If u are seriously planning to do MBA next year then you dont have to do this course since this course does not carry any value in the mkt except that it gives you some familarity in Finance. I think for time being you can concentrate on MBA prep and do this course later ,even with y...
2 2
hi
Even i would like to know mre abt the course and its utility and the amount of effort it requires.I hav just 6 mnths of wk ex as a software er and i want an insight into finance.Is it the right time 4 me 2 join sch a course considering that i m planning 4 an mba nxt year..I wud really appr...
Hi tgvrrr
Even i am planning to do CFM form cfm-india.I am a software engineer and want some insight in to finance.I was going through this thread ,not many replies.Are u doing this course now or wots ur take on this course after
7 months when u actually started this thread.
correct.... also study materials of these courses are very good. pattern and process of exams is also very competitive. :satisfie:
hi babu,
thanks a lot for the advice...ya lot of info abt icfai s available thanks to u on p.g...its surely useful....
hmmm iknow that icfai ms and cfa are good...
but i want to know abt this particular course...so if u can find out something abt this course and post it on this tread...i...
Better to do CFA or ms finance from ICFAI. It is better known in industry and carries immense value.