Login
Advertisements
Advertisements

GMAT Sentence Correction Discussions GMAT & GRE Prep

The GMAT and Related Discussions section is very fragmented in terms of the information available at one's disposal. There are one of reply threads and several other redundant threads that have masked the more important ones.
This is an attempt to make the best of explanations, reasonings, q...
58 56
success3 where are questions , its just mentioned the links but th.... 01 Aug '13.
B I U Post
OK...here are a bunch of reasons why I say that:
1> Most importantly 1000SC is a banned source because it illegally uses copyrighted problems
2> Some of the questions are fine, but some are not representative of GMAT, and some contain outright errors
3> The explanations will probably co...
2 2
@bodhi_vriksha Thanks....but why do u say that 1000 SC is not the correct source of preparation ?/
I suggest the following booksOG 12OG 13OG Verbal Review Edition 2
Many students and tutors underestimate the relevance of the aforementioned books. But let me tell you - if there were a singlemost important source to study for the GMAT, it would be the OGs and the problems from the GMAT Prep s...
buddy ...then which books are recommended...??
The correct answer for this question should be E.
D actually changes the intended meaning. We need a reason why building is wasteful and the use of "while" seems to be introducing another piece of info, not providing a reason not to build.
E is the only correct option in that it gives th...
@vaibhavwadhera As per my understanding
Engineers Discovered ..........................Would be breathable
will be breathable makes it wish ful and not actually discovered
@dudeabhi011 yes the answer is E, But my question is why the answer can not be a
Can any one explain the ans for post# 10432??????
@dudeabhi011
The Ans is E bro
@Abhisbisht Building large new hospitals in the bistate area would constitute a wasteful use of resources, on the basis of avoidance of duplicated facilities alone.
(A) on the basis of avoidance of duplicated facilities alone
(B) on the grounds of avoiding duplicated facilities alone
(...
@vaibhavwadhera In the early days of the manned space program, three astronauts dies in a fire before engineers discovered that a mixture of oxygen and nitrogen, rather than pure oxygen,will be breathable and less incendiary.
A.) will be breathable and less incendiary.
B.) breathes better t...
1 1
@ @Abhisbisht is it D
No. Let me start by asking you a simpler question. "Do you have/has your book?" or "Shall we have/has dinner now?" It is have, right, in both cases? Same thing here too.
"Does have" is equivalent to "has" in usage terms. By which I mean - "Does have" would be used where the normal usage would...
1 1
Help me with this....and please xplanations dena....otherwise it becomes difficult to get the rules:
Building large new hospitals in the bistate area would constitute a wasteful use of resources, on the basis of avoidance of duplicated facilities alone.
(A) on the basis of avoidance of dupl...
@joyjitpal
D hai bhai
but xplanation nhi hai mere paas.....need it so that I can understand it
@joyjitpal@joyjitpal
yes its D....But can u xplain how did u reach to the conclusion????
@karan20
Its D bhai