Login
Advertisements
Advertisements

US MBA Loan and Re-Payment->Worth It? A Discussion GMAT Accepting B-Schools

From what i know after speaking to alums from almost all top-15 schools, repaying the loan is a darn big thing and it takes a pretty long time. People come from India (who have never been to US) t...
What was that :wow:
I thought we'd have enough money. I mean, when we are at school. No one at GSB mentions this as a potential issue. "Money is always a non issue. You'll have enuf and perhaps more". That's what i hear.
After school - we make our own destiny [smiley]
12 12
You need to improve your verbal score.
These top schools generally look for 75th to 80%ile at least. GMAT score of 720-730 at least would be needed for your application to be competetive at these schools. In addition, of course you need some other wow factor.
If you have done some thing ext...
1 1
Guys,
Please evaluate my chances for a full time MBA program in Columbia, NYU Stern, Yale or Wharton. I am 27 years old professional (not US permanent resident)
GRE: 590 Verbal + 790 Quant (GRE/GMAT comparison table puts this score as equivalent to 690 in GMAT. I know this is not how the a...
Its great to have dreams but make sure you test yours before taking that huge jump and investing so much money. Planned MBA can do wonders for you but an unplanned MBA will land you up with a lot of expenditure and may be a very less ROI.Maybe with time your aspirations would change maybe they wo...
2 2
All the best dude... I would pray that life works exactly as planned for u... I surely hasn't for 99% people on this forum... Let's c what you feel about ur posts 6 years from now... Peace...
Well, no decent Business School in USA will take you if you do not have minimum two years work experience. So if you want to study in USA, you will have to first get 4-5 years work experience. This will give you the opportunity to mature as a person and to fully understand the extent to which...
exactly what i wanted to say... but ended up being un-polite :(
Well, no decent Business School in USA will take you if you do not have minimum two years work experience. So if you want to study in USA, you will have to first get 4-5 years work experience. This will give you the opportunity to mature as a person and to fully understand the extent to which you...
1 1
No harm.
Wish you best of luck in your endeavours.
so? any harm in that?
that u are less than 20 years old...
2 2
guessed what , care to elaborate
I should have guessed it from ur post
1 1
The main idea behind my post was that the burden of loan wont be on my head after my PG
And i wont be taking ALL his life savings but certainly a fair chunk of it say (1/3rd).
Plus i will be helping him invest some of it for better returns and more money (mutual finds).
I do intend to...
Van Dijk,
I hope that you get into a good school and finally a good job in USA or Europe, post-MBA; even if you don't take any loan, you will be investing your father's life time savings to study MBA abroad.
I would have a lot of anxiety about the post-MBA pay-offs, if I were to be in a si...
4 4
Ok heres what me and my father have planned.We both have a great relationship (not saying that i have a bad one with other people in my family but we both just have a telepathic understanding)
My dad is an IIT grad, BTech Civil from kanpur(1982 batch) and has been working in a Govt Company (do...
If studying in the US is your only dream, then there will be schools who'd be willing to take you in.
But living the 'American dream' after graduation will be a completely different story. See what you are expecting from the degree and then take a call.
1 year is too low for US MBA, dude, how will you justify why you want to do an MBA? but if you have stupendous community and extra-curriculars at undergrad, then you can form a solid case.
so is there no way by which a guy who is medicore means a 7 point some guy who has no cash n dreams 2 study at US fr MBA.....n has barely 1 yr experince in a reputed firm????
Lodging for Students Going Abroad
For this years intake,I came across this link for students heading abroad.They are giving students a months free stay for anyone who takes part in the contest.Unfortunately,I'll only be able to go after 2 years due to lack of work-ex.Check Cox & Kings tour ope...
Hi All..
Regarding these international student loans my question is whether these loans can be showed as funding proof for obtaining the visa?
As far I've researched you can apply for these loans only after you get the student visa. And in some cases you can apply before (ex. Ross RSB-UMCU...