Login
Advertisements
Advertisements

University of Maryland- Robert H smith School of Business fall 2012 applicants GMAT Accepting B-Schools

Hi,
I could not locate any threads for the fall 2012 UMD applicants. If there is one can anyone pls send me the link. Any applicants who have applied in round one? :banghead:
B I U Post
I am not sure ..how you come up with 15K for 10 weeks internship ..believe me I am working in US for last 5 years ..getting such internship is very difficult ...I would say ..think of somewhere around 8k-10K max for the internship ..but if will be some other city ..think of all that other costs ....
Hello my friend,
Thanks for the reply :)
But there is a catch here.. unless I show a concrete proof that I would be able to finish my MBA come what may, I shall not be funded that minimum promised amount by my bank to pay my initial fee.. They will certainly not buy this internship theory..!!!
Through internships you would get around 15K$ which amounts to approx. 7.5 lakhs. You can add that to your second year fee reduction (To be on the optimistic note ) Wish you luck
Nope. Any one else waitlisted ?
Whatz up dude... did you hear from them?
Its been a roller-coaster like 48 hours for me... I gave my Maryland interview late on 22-Feb-2012 and it went on tremendously well. It was more like a discussion than like an interview. Both the interviewer and myself were very satisfied by the end of the PI. As a direct result of it, I think, w...
you got an admit letter as well?? Have you also submitted the "certificate of finance"?? And how long did it take for the packet to come? I mean the lapse between the email and the mail.
Yes ..I did receive the admission packet with all info including financial aid and admissions letter ....but it is exactly the true copy of what you got in email ...just the paperback and official seal :)
Anyways the packet comes in a awesome leather folder ....:)
Yes ..I did received the admission packet with all info including financial aid and admissions letter ....but it is exactly the true copy of what you got in email ...just the paperback and official seal :)
Anyways the packet comes in a awesome leather folder ....:)
Hey, did you receive a hard copy of the financial aid letter which was mentioned in the e-mail? Its has been 2 weeks since the financial aid mail which mentioned sending a hard copy, but dint receive it yet.
With the kind of profile you have, it is appalling you have been waitlisted!!
I dont have a concrete answer to your question I am afraid, but why dont you mail them asking it?
hey folks!!
I have been waitlisted!!
Anyone has any idea whether i will be eligible for scholarship in case the WL turns into an Admit?
Any views?
If you are not a current student but an MBA aspirant then have you visited the Smith school and/ or talked to current students?
If you have and if you got great feedback I feel happy for you.
Wish you the best in the future.
Hi
Anyone who applied on Dec 15 Deadline and as interviewed, any communication about admit or reject?
Applied: 15 Dec
Interviewed: 16 Jan In person Interview in Delhi
710/4yrs IT
What you are saying is not even 40% correct. Apart from the fact that Smith is near DC so both Smith and Georgetown have a bit of disadvantage because of federal focus but everything else is great. MBA is more about what you want the it to be...its no engineering. In spite of its federal focus Sm...
You are not correct. There are only 15 students from India in class of 2013 for Full time MBA and you will find these many Indian student- around 10%-12% in most US MBA schools apart from top 10.
same here.. n i guess aid in second yr is subjected to the performance in first yr. No concrete info with me as well.
I also got GA but only for first year , what's the case at your end ?? What about aid in second year ..any idea?
I applied in r2 on 14th Dec 2011 and was invited to interview after 2 weeks or so.
Gave Skype interview on jan 15 ..received offer a week after ...I think they are doing partial rolling admissions this year.
Inputs on Interview ....
Be calm and composed ...if you need the college ..coll...
Congrats to everyone who got an admit.
I will not be joining the school after researching the school' s culture and talking to some students.
I am pretty sure you guys also talked to seniors and are making a decision after analyzing all your alternatives.
All the best!