Login
Advertisements
Advertisements

Phoren B-school Assistance Desk GMAT Accepting B-Schools

Hie guys,
We are starting this thread to cater to any generic queries related to B-schools abroad. You will also have veterans answer to your queries out here on the thread.
Also, merging all relevant threads with this one.
* Go through all the MBA related articles posted on Pagalguy
56 54
B I U Post
By 'work-ex clause' if you are referring to the preference of most bschools to accept experienced applicants, then the answer is yes.
You'll find many (often lower ranked) bschools that skip this requirement. But do your research really well and check out the market value of such degrees.
does the work ex clause to the mba from abroad thru gmat apply to all the countries?
Hi Guys! I am not even sure if this is the correct forum for this query. Bur please please help me!!!I am stuck in a big dharam sankat. Please help me out. My profile
xth class: 88%
XIIth class: 79%
BTech (IT): 6.2 (CGPA) out of 10
MBA: 8.4% (CGPA) out of 10
BTech-MBA is a dual d...
Depends what your goals are. If you want to get into a Front Office Ibanking position, it will be a lot easier at a top Western B-school. However if you want to have a guranteed placement I'd rather go with ISB as its the best school in India along with IIM-A. If you get a good GMAT score, whi...
Ashmole and AK Thanks for the help guys...it really means a lot What do u guys think about ISB? Considering the fact that ISB too looks for diversity (looking for cadidates other than engineering background) I presume my CA degree will carry some weightage (apart from FRM and CFA)... I was...
Ashmole and AK Thanks for the help guys...it really means a lot What do u guys think about ISB? Considering the fact that ISB too looks for diversity (looking for cadidates other than engineering background) I presume my CA degree will carry some weightage (apart from FRM and CFA)... I was...
I'd do a traditional Full Time MBA. Most top B-schools have an average experience of 5-7 years. If you want to do a 1 year programme look at LBS/Oxford/Cambridge/Insead/IMD/IESE
@AskAk Thanks for the response AK... All the Univs that u mentioned...do they have 1 year courses? I can only afford to do a 1 year MBA considering my financial conditions......
@ashmole2009 Hi Is 7 years work experience enough for securing admission for an executive program/ 1 year program? Also, do execurive programs/ 1 year programs carry as much value as the full-time programs?
Need help regarding Simon Fraser MBA in Canada.How good it is compared to Northeastern Univ or College of William and Mary MBA.Are the job prospects good there.I couldnt find much details about Simon Fraser MBA.Appreciate your help!!!
Just look at the businessweek domestic MBA rankings or the rankings on Poets and Quants. You will have solid career options post an MBA from any top 20 B-school in the US. BTW look at Judge/Said in Europe too.
@ @ashmole2009 Hi Thanks for the reply.... Can anybody help me with the American schools ?
In Europe only apply to LBS, IMD and Insead (obviously). Don't know much about the American scene. I suppose a score of 700 will be sufficient?
Nottingham and Bath are the only decent business schools on your list. However I would not go to either as you are likely to be unemployed following it.
Confused!!! I have got 6 yrs of work ex in Marketing. I am B.com grad. Got offers from NewCastle, Leeds, Ashtopm, Bath, Liverpool, Henley Business Sc, Sheffield Hallam univ, Univ of Lancashire, Cardiff, Liescter, Nottingham, Liverpool, London School of Biz & Financ. Pls suggest which one is g...
Hi Would be really grateful if any of the seniors can help me out in evaluating my profile: Academic Qualifications 10th - 86.26% 12th - 87.83% FYBCom - 67% SYBCom - 68% TYBCom - 87.83% Professional Qualifications Chartered Accountant (CA)
Financial Risk Manager (FRM) Hopefully, will com...
Hi, I am Debakalpa Chattopadhyay from India. I am presently working with Tata Power for the last 3 ½ years.
My profile goes this way
GMAT -640
CGPA -8.51(3.94 as per WES)
Extracurricular – Decent 1 National and 1 International paper
Work Experience – 3.5 year
Field of Experi...
hello
i too am looking to HBS 2+2 program but am not sure if my profile stands a chance ... take a look and enlighten me.
Class Xth-93.4%Class XIIth-83.4%(PCM)
Persueing B.Tech. form MNNIT, Allahabad in Computer Science 3rd year
CGPA-7.06(upto 5th sem)
have been an excellent quizze...
Hi , I gave my GMAT in May .Secured 690(QA-49, VA-35,AWA-5.0). X-82, XII-91 B.Tech (IT)-82% Workex-35 months as of Dec 31-2012. EC-Martial arts,carnatic music singer,Founded Prayaas-an environmental club,scuba diving,goal keeper of the Indranagar Club in Bangalore. I have got an admit into Queen...
@wildcat2011
You have a good GMAT score and if I were in your position I would not worry too much about the lower verbal score.
I can understand what you have written about your ISB application- in my various interactions with applicants, I have found they tend to underestimate the essay w...