Login
Advertisements
Advertisements

Phoren B-school Assistance Desk GMAT Accepting B-Schools

Hie guys,
We are starting this thread to cater to any generic queries related to B-schools abroad. You will also have veterans answer to your queries out here on the thread.
Also, merging all relevant threads with this one.
* Go through all the MBA related articles posted on Pagalguy
56 54
B I U Post
Puys,
I am trying to decide between doing MISM program (1 year) from Carnegie Mellon university or an MBA from a 25-30 ranked colleges like Georgetown, Olin, Notredame.
I know an MBA provides a broader perspective when compared to an MISM. But I am confused because I want to stay in the co...
I recently used WES GPA converter which converts % to GPA based on country and university. World Education Services: Students - How can I calculate my GPA? I had to fill in my marks and it generated a GPA.
The 69% (Mumbai Univ) I scored was converted to 3.7 out of 4. I am now considering usi...
Thanks for ur inputs....hey give me some idea here... every college claims to be good only, moreover these colleges are on ranking of many sites....then what research are u pointing to....how can i get in touch with alum of these colleges?....
mayank
You can consider Said, NUS, Judge, AGSM, Rotman
Make sure to do good research on these schools beforing applying..
Hey Bhavya,
actually i already have some US colleges in mind....I am not clear about Non-US colleges....
please suggest some good colleges...I have 660 in gmat, so i will be targeting in a range of 20-50 international ranking....
Key is to have authentic documentation that covers "Full Expenses". You can use loans to cover "Full Expenses". Most of the folks usually use a mix of personal funds and loans .
-Bhavya (MBA '09 Booth)
1 1
Most of the strategy consulting firms hire international students (and Indian students do exceedingly well!). So you need not worry about that.
-Bhavya (MBA '09 Booth)
Most of the times the ad com will trust you. However, if you have some significant work ex at a NGO, it might get verified as part of the background check. If you are registered with the NGO you should not worry about that.
-Bhavya (MBA '09 Booth)
1 1
Hi Puys ,
This is my first post on PG Forums : My profile :
X 72 %. XII 60 %
Grad : Btech ECE 62 % from GGSIP Univ Delhi ( from the best college of my University: MAIT), I completed my Btech in 5.5 Years.
Work Ex :1. 13 months in a Hardware Programming profile ( PLC ) . Now working i...
Could someone please tell me that if I join an NGO, will they give me some sort of certificate or something which I could then send as a part of my application?
How will the B-School know that I'm actually a volunteer for the NGO and that I'm not lying?
hi
i need help for my career
my profile is as follows
10 -86.4
12-72.2
b.tech (nit-civil engineering)6.51
working in IT company for last 1 year
i want to study finance and economics ....my intrest is in economics...can any 1 tell what should be gmat score to get good unive...
sorry-duplicate post!still getting used to PG:)
Thanks!
Any idea on how Indian students are faring in placements in today's times? While most B schools report their total percentage of graduates employed at 3 months, I have not found data to indicate how the international students have fared in placements.I have heard that 1 out of every 4 ...
Thanks!
Any idea on how Indian students are faring in placements in today's times? While most B schools report their total percentage of graduates employed at 3 months, I have not found data to indicate how the international students have fared in placements.I have heard that 1 out of every 4 ...
Apropos the part in red, can the full expenses be covered in part or full by loans? Will that hinder my getting a visa?
Thanks! But I feel Olin does better job in placement in tougher economy than Georgetown can, isn't it?
30% of GT class go to North East- which would be out of bounds for GT grads if economy weakens and grads from Columbia, Stern, Cornell and others compete for limited jobs.
This should be a simple research for you. Just check out the placement numbers of these schools to see which school sends most students to top consultancy firms. Alternatively, if you have target consultancy firms in mind (for e.g. M/B/B/B, etc), you can go to their website and checkout where do ...
Prioritize what you want the most.
If it's brand - Yale and INSEAD would be a better pick over Ivey. Yale is an Ivy League University and very well known across the world while INSEAD will open doors to you pretty much everywhere in Europe and Asia. Ivey will be a very strong regional school ...
2 2
Another reason in favor of Yale SOM. Ted Synder is going to be the new dean of Yale SOM. I know Ted Snyder personally and he did a phenomenal job at Booth. I am confident that he will do great things at Yale SOM and there is a lot of positive momentum with the school.
-Bhavya (MBA '09 Booth)
1 1
I think that Yale and INSEAD will both offer you equal job opportunities. Try to find out all you can about the immigration issues before you make your decision. In the USA, I know that the companies keep the employees on H1-B visa for 4-5 years before they agree to sponsor the Green Card. Once t...