Login
Advertisements
Advertisements

Phoren B-school Assistance Desk GMAT Accepting B-Schools

Hie guys,
We are starting this thread to cater to any generic queries related to B-schools abroad. You will also have veterans answer to your queries out here on the thread.
Also, merging all relevant threads with this one.
* Go through all the MBA related articles posted on Pagalguy
56 54
B I U Post
Hi,

I am planning to do my MBA from US, I have got 4 years work exp in IT.
I have got admits from Drexel University - LeBow Business School and UNC Charlotte. Got scholarship from Drexel so tuition fees for both will be same. My main motive is Post MBA job. Need help in making selection and any expert advice.

*I know both schools are not great, but with my score and budget they fit in.
  • Like 0
  • Share 0
  • Quote & Reply
  • Follow
    • B I U
    Hello,
    I plan on applying for MBA to some European schools for Fall 2015. I'm currently working as a Senior Software Developer at a big software firm, and I'll cross 3 years of work experience by Summer 2015. Can you please advise me on what schools I may have a chance in going though, and whe...
    6 Comments
    ivyctor2010 You need to put a little push into your ECAs. You have wr.... 07 Apr.
    EssaySunday.com Hi @DMFC !With 3 years of Software Development profile, .... 09 Apr.
    Hello All ,I am an electrical engineer at a stage in my life where I have to make a bold decision. I just want my profile evaluated from somebody . I have been an above average student throughout my life but there is nothing spectacular about my achievements .
    I will list my records and pleas...
    3 Comments
    Devank hello ..thanks for your review , as i have heard from my .... 20 Mar.
    ivyctor2010 We could guide you with your GMAT strategy, School select.... 20 Mar.
    Hi,
    I'm currently working as a software developer and am keen on pursuing an MBA with a technology specialization. I've already got a 700 on my GMAT (a while back.) + over 5 years experience, and I'm looking to apply for admits in 2015.
    Could someone guide to me some the best tech focuse...
    Hey!
    I graduated from Delhi University in Business Economics last year and started working with an Export House after my degree. I have currently applied at the UCL (MA Comparative Business Economics) and Imperial Business School(Msc Management).These are both 1 years programs
    and I'm hop...
    hi,can anyone help me in calculating the GPA for US based colleges out of 4. i secured 60% in grad.thanks,
    4 Comments
    kunalg9 thanks a lot guys :D . 12 Feb.
    mba-help second @Neo2000 . 12 Feb.
    Hello Puys, I am beginning my journey towards an mba from a top university in Canada. I intend to take up my gmat in 2014 and get an admit for the fall 2015 batch. By next year i will have 2.5years of exp as a Business Analyst in the Procurement/Supply chain domain at Reliance Industries.(As a...
    3 Comments
    Ronak1990 frankly, im not dat clear at this moment. I want to put m.... 05 Jan.
    ivyctor2010 Have you given your GMAT yet? You could PM us for a furth.... 20 Mar.
    What is the duration of the post graduate work permit that I may get after completing a 16months/ 4 sem masters degree in Canada. I have applied for the masters of management in operations research in sauder school of business.
    Where i can get Full Length Mock Test for GMAT(like actual Computer Adaptive test) ??
    i am ready for contribution if two /three people are ready to buy, becuase it definitely will be expensive..
    CsquareLearnings go to MBA. com --> GMAT Study Materials --- > Down.... 26 Dec '13.
    CsquareLearnings 2 Practice Tests are Free and 2 Practice Tests are for s.... 26 Dec '13.
    Hi,
    Is there is any chance for me to make it to mighty Wharton, Stanford, HBS etc. If not, what should I be aiming for? I am planning to apply next year.
    My profile:
    10th=86.7
    12th=79.6
    B.Tech=7.96/10
    GMAT score wont be any issue.
    Good Extra Curricular- was active in college...
    4 Comments
    bingo0 @ivyctor2010 @ananyboss Thank You. I still have to giv.... 26 Dec '13.
    ivyctor2010 Leadership roles, initiatives in leading teams, involveme.... 20 Mar.
    I work as an assistant manager in state bank of india.i'm interested in mba.i want to know which of these certifications-CFA or CAIIB wud be more helpful in fetching me an mba seat in any top 30 us or europe b school..my acads are-10-87,12th n b.tech-67..hv worked in an ngo fr a year b4 joini...
    Hi,
    While going through the different college essays, i can see that they all ask almost the same thing. Can I use essays written for one college to apply in other colleges?
    Thanks,
    3 Comments
    ivyctor2010 Definitely not. You need to clearly research on what each.... 09 Dec '13.
    arpitmis thanks @askrohan and @ivyctor2010 for more inisight.. 09 Dec '13.
    Hi,
    Can somebody please evaluate my profile and let me know what colleges I should target whether I should go for the top 20 or below.
    10- 80%
    12th - 61%
    B.E - 64%
    College - NITK Surathkal
    GMAT - 710
    work Ex - 7+
    Thanks in advance
    4 Comments
    arpitmis I have been in IT services throughout my career. I have b.... 06 Dec '13.
    ivyctor2010 Since you are high on the experience, you could look at E.... 06 Dec '13.
    I have more than 5 years of work experience in the Maritime industry.GMAT 640Grad - 78%
    12th 87%
    10th 86%
    The question I have is will this score be sufficient for me to find an admit in bschools such as ESADE, IESE, HEC, IMD and SDA Bocconi or should I reappear and improve my score and t...
    4 Comments
    menace_ankit Thank you for your valuable inputs. From what I have gath.... 03 Dec '13.
    ivyctor2010 For IELTS and TOEFL , it is best to check individually wi.... 09 Dec '13.
    Hi,
    I have around 9 years exp in IT in both IT and Big 4 consulting companies with 3 years International experience in North America. My current role is technical project manager in one of the big 4 consulting company. Domains I worked are Insurance and Pharma CRM.
    My B.Tech: 81%12th: 74.3%...
    ivyctor2010 You have a decent score. look at IIMB, ISB etc inIndia, N.... 19 Nov '13.
    Unoeducation.in @debgmat Your work profile and academics are decent. How.... 20 Nov '13.
    Hi,
    Below are my details:
    10th : 91.6
    12th : 81.8
    B. Tech : 7.82
    Work exp. : 3 years 10 months (as on 31 December 2013)
    Extra-curriculars / Other activities : Mostly CV fillers. May be able to apply for a patent by early 2014.
    I'm presently working at Ericsson as a Network Pl...
    ivyctor2010 your profile looks decent. A good GMAT score will not onl.... 18 Nov '13.
    Hi , please evaluate my profile and adviceUG B.Tech (Hons) Civil Engineering CGPA 9/10PG PGP in Advanced Construction Management CGPA 9.54/10Work Experience 3 yearsDecent extra curriculars and 6 month of NGO volunteering GMAT scheduled for February'14 and aiming for 700+International Assignment: ...
    6 Comments
    mba-help @Arjun_Shekar - you can send your resume to us at contac.... 17 Nov '13.
    ivyctor2010 You could get in touch with your details, through the Pri.... 18 Nov '13.
    hi, I have 3.5 years of work experience in the Maritime industry and distinguished global experience.GMAT 610UG CGPA 9.2/1012th 8010th 80
    I have got through Vlerick and Tias Nimbas, netherlands. I am also aiming for ISB and AIM Philippines.Can you please advise the college I should considered....
    5 Comments
    ivyctor2010 bottomline - an MBA from a top B School. If in India - IS.... 29 Oct '13.
    vj_bha thank you, I will look into it, one thing for certain is .... 29 Oct '13.
    Hi All,
    Please evaluate my profile. I want to do MBA from USA.
    GMAT 600 (45Q 28V) - (highly disappointed!)5 yrs of work experience in IT in India (decent exposure with many appreciations)BE from Tier 1 college in India Good 10th and 12th scoresFemale applicant (that matters?)
    Is Penn Sta...
    ivyctor2010 Average GMAT would hover beyond 600+ am afraid. But you c.... 24 Oct '13.
    Hi, Thanks for this initiative.Can you please evaluate my profile . I completed BTECH with distinction in 2005 and have 8 + yrs of experience in leading IT company. I have an onsite experience of 5 yrs in United Kingdom. I have also cleared CFA L1 and may appear for L2 next year . I took GMAT ...
    3 Comments
    ivyctor2010 NUS might be competitive ...you would be competing agains.... 24 Oct '13.
    asahoo999 Thanks for response I will go for retest again if I do no.... 24 Oct '13.