Login
Advertisements
Advertisements

International educational options beyond the MBA GMAT Accepting B-Schools

Hello PGs,
Having been a PG for the last 2+ years, and having observed posts and threads across the International Section of the forums, I find that many are relatively less aware of some of the other interesting educational avenues available to people (depending of course on ones and career ...
117 111
B I U Post
Without experience you'd be hard pressed to convince an employer to hire you. If you want to get into consulting, any employer is likely to choose a locally educated, culturally aware (no, being Indian & speaking English doesn't make you "aware" of UK culture) person over you. How will you deal w...
1 1
With your profile and erstwhile career as an IT/IT Consulting firm, you'd be better served with a business focused degree like the MBA with tech electives to get into an IT / Operations / Systems consulting role. Unless you want to specialize in IT (technical) as a long term career, an MIS is unl...
2 2
Hey Puys
Found this thread out of the blue. Great discussion going on. Had some questions. I hope they have not been answered before... didn't get time to browse through all the posts :oops:
1. Is it worth studying in a Foreign Ivy league b-school after passing out from one of the top in ...
@rust in peace: i guess what ur saying does make sense(paying too much for too little@lse unless my 60grand a year dream works out): sigh: if only there were some kind of guarantee on that.. i am too skeptical abt the mim so that is def out...i guess id probly be betr off makin my peace wit imt a...
Nothing wrong with that, it's just that all the programs lead to (more or less) the same job market. Changing half a unit of curriculum and making 6 different programs out of it is just.....insane. It'd be much better if it was 1 single course with that flexibility.
That is true. But LBS MiM c...
Don't mean to sound harsh (I myself am applying to Fin & Econ, Fin & Pvt Equity at LSE), but LSE is commonly referred to as a Master's supermarket. The degrees are all very expensive considering the fact that they don't provide career services (which is not that big an issue because they hav...
Profile:
Btech mech : Thapar university 7.7 CGPA
Work-ex: 3 years (Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited)
Have been handling Operations & internal audits. I m looking for a role in Operations/supply chain management
Please guide me whether I should look for MS/MSc for seeking desire...
1.) AFAIK the reputed FE programs which aren't a part of a b-school are good on their own and you may never need the career services of a b-school. For better jobs prospects target FE programs at financial hubs (NY, London, Hong Kong) or premier schools. Courant @ New York would be more preferabl...
well i hope to god ur rite:)(abt the dubai/singapore bit i mean)...i dont really mind the job hunt and stuff but its kinda hard to do LSE when i know that I could probly sleep at IMT for 1.5 yrs and still get atleast a >7 lac placement whereas at LSE wit a job hunt+part time work+studying my ass...
hi all..
i am hearing that getting a job in europe is comparitively more difficult than say in Us after a masters in mnagement degree.. is that so.. and wat about the visa ? how long are u allowed to stay back and search for a job..
Thanks for your reply
Due to circumstances it would be ideal for me to do some sort of degree in europe or even america. I don't want to do an mba in any of these places because the good ones require work experience and right now i only have 3 months of work ex. I want to supplement my undergr...
From what I head, some Indian LSE grads do end up in Dubai/Singapore, you have to start networking and job hunting before your course even begins (as it is a 1 year course), I guess you are best off contacting some Indian Alums, as work visa policies are very different for EU nationals
wel u see..dats wat! i dont! and after da work visa cancellation...arggh! i dont mind workin outside da uk..but profiles and money..they are imp factors..any idea how to go abt doing dat research?
@Surabhi - I was interested in LSE Acct & Fin too. Do you have any idea about employment prospects of grads from that course?
hi baccardisprite!!!
amazing work..
i am in a dilema.. i have finished my engineering in electrical and now working in L & t in manufacturing sector. almost 1 year expeience.. ..
i am inerested in doing masters in management wit finanace as my specialization. i am starting my applicatio...
Yup.
I'm also from kolkata.
I'll be joining NITIE this June. :)
Would love to go for PhD from abroad after that. lets see what happens ...
ur from cal too? where r u headed?
I feel if you go LSE, it will open up a lot of options for you.
1. LSE will give you a true global exposure and an awesome learning experience. :thumbsup:
2. Such a course will make sure that afterwards you get to work on directly finance related projects in your workplace, be it in India o...
1 1
hi baccardisprite!!!
awsum work going on here:)
well im in a bit of a fix...and its quite queer actually...
hafta choose bw LSE(acctg &fin;) and imt-g...
assuming that i want to get into consulting...
wat shud i go for? graduated in 2010 and hav been workin in family biz since the...