Login
Advertisements
Advertisements

Goizueta Business School Fall 2012 Applicants GMAT Accepting B-Schools

Hi,
I am a first year student (class of 2013) at Goizueta Business School, Emory University. As a Goizueta Ambassador, I will be happy to answer any questions you have regarding the application process, academics, life at Goizueta etc. for the batch starting in Fall 2012.
Goizueta Business ...
8 8
B I U Post
AJ, just another question that I am sure I cannot google. The essays have EXTREME word limits I mean I can hardly express my thoughts properly. How serious is the adcom about this? Like for a 500 word essay, I have written 546 words. And I dont know what to cut out !! :S:S If I cut them out it...
Indeed, diversity is fun! And thanks for the info AJ !
Hey Deb,
Difficulty during the course depends on how much work you're willing to put in. Especially in the one year program. The first semester for One years is quite packed.
And you dont need to know any finance or accounting, but start reading business magazines at the very least. It real...
1 1
I am applying for Emory 1 year.. I wonder how difficult the course will be for a person with 8 yrs of experience and Engineering back ground. Do I need a solid knowledge in Finance, Accounting before joining?
GALA isn't a club. It's an experiential leadership course that second years can take. It's one of the most sought after (hence competitive) experiences in the school. It includes a two week trip to the British Virgin Islands, most of which is on a sail boat. It also includes a lot of other progra...
Hi AJ,
I was reading on the Goizueta website about the Diversity initiatives they take. I just wanted to know how students contribute to it? Is there any club or organization that students can join and do something to promote diversity to bring students from different cultures together etc? C...
Hi AJ, Just have another question. There is this club in Goizueta called the Guizueta Advanced Leadership Academy. Can you give me a few insights into it? Like what they do, how they help students, what their initiatives rae etc? I couldnt really find a contact for that club on the website though.
Debjeet, Maidenfreak has it right.
But usually just a consolidated marksheet won't do. You have to explicitly request a transcript. Mention that it is for studies abroad. Transcripts either convert your scores to a standardised GPA score or mention how to interpret scores since there was no G...
1 1
You need to contact your university (the one your college was affiliated to, or the university itself, if you studied there). Usually they will give you a transcript in a sealed envelope, for a fee. There is nothing like transcripts are not valid. Its basically your consolidated marksheet and deg...
1 1
Helo - I'm not sure whether this is the right place to ask my question. Would like to know what are transcripts and how do I get one? I'm from Mumbai University. Hence, do I need to contact the university or my college? I read somewhere that transcripts provided by colleges in Mumbai are not vali...
Thanks a lot AJ!
I haven't joined the Net Impact club. But they do various things to encourage sustainability and social responsibility. They have run campus initiatives like Duplex printing, zero waste Kegs, etc. They arrange speakers to come down time and again. And of course, there are career related events to...
Hi AJ, I have another question. Can you please let me know a little bit about what the Net Impact club at Goizuetta does? BTW you said you will ask around about the opportunities in IT around Atlanta, any news on that yet?
Ah in that case, I guess my present aspiration of product management is what will suit me best. Maybe after I get there I woudl have to choose something else if I find I stand a better chance, BTW IF I GET THERE :D
Hey, sorry for the delay in response. Lots of assignments were due the last coupla days.
I was indeed from IT. I had a fair amount of client interaction and leadership opportunities and those really helped. I worked for a major American consulting company, so that brand carries forward too. <...
Cool thats great to hear AJ. BTW I was wondering if you can let us know your pre MBA experience. Were you from the IT background? I am just asking, since I have been in the same background, I wanna see how much my profile fits the consulting role. As of now my storyline is marketing, and I am sti...
Market analytics will definitely be an option. My career coach has actually recommended me to keep that as a backup option [my primary is consulting]. So I wouldn't worry about any lack of chances there. Tech association is gonna have the first meeting this semester tomorrow and one of the agenda...
Hey AJ, nice to hear from you :). Yes I understand this, that most want their recruits to be citizens or green card holders. Since Atlanta is in the South East, I just wanted to know how the chances for market analytics and product management roles in tech companies are for Indians. I mean are t...
Hey,
It's been a great two months in Atlanta. Block 1 exams just got over last week. Facing challenges everyday. The support system here is amazing though. Professors, admin staff, classmates all are very helpful [especially if you're planning a party ]
How're you? Did you get another a...
Hey there, fellow Maiden fan,
Marketing as an industry typically is very difficult to get into for people who aren't native to the land. And this isn't an Goizueta-only or even a USA-only thing. Indian students usually find it easy to land either marketing analytics roles or product management...