Login
Advertisements
Advertisements

Ask a Consultant! - GMAT/GRE Only GMAT Accepting B-Schools

The GMAT section's been growing rapidly over the past few years but I'm sure you already know that. Unfortunately, it's becoming tougher for individual contributors to keep pace. Fortunately, a lot of consultants have been coming up to help! So as a gesture to them and to every aspirant seeking a...
47 43
ashwindan hey guys ,im doing my B.E mechanical engg from Visweswara.... 04 Dec '13.
igradglobal Good to hear from you Ashwin - Most universities conside.... 04 Mar.
B I U Post
My Profile:10th: 86%12th: 82%Undergrad: Mechanical Engg. from NIT Durgapur, CGPA= 8.04Work Ex.: 36 months by the times I wish to join 1n 2013, Petrochemical Industry- Leading a group of 11 persons for the last 1 yearGMAT: 740 (49 Quant, 41 Verbal)EC: Decent
Now my question:I'm ta...
Hi frnd..my acads in 10th are 75%,in 12th 55%, & 74% in grad...if i will get 99%ile in cat 2012...will i get a col frm any of the IIM?
[if gte mso 9]> Normal 0 false false ...
Expert Consultants,
I need you to guide me to take a career decision. I'm putting forward my profile:I'm a CA (first attempt), working with a semi government Manufacturing entity since 3 months handling sales, debtors, sales tax & collection.I have 3 and a half years of articleship experience ...
Hi,
I am stranded at this point in my life and would require some serious help, my profile is as follows;
Working as HVAC Engineer in KuwaitGMAT - 610 CGPA - 6.6/10 in Mech. Eng. from BITS DubaiSchool - X - 82% XII - 82%EC's - Have been an integral part of sports and cultural org...
There are many options available overseas. first i would like to tell you the
Pros :
1. There economy is still better than ours. You must have gone through newspaper that the rupee is breaking in front of dollar.
2. European B-School are more diverse than Indian B-Schools because everyt...
2 2
HiI am trying to compare an mba in India( IIMs(A,B,C,L,K,I), FMS, XLRI), with an Masters in Management/Finance in Europe (HEC Paris,ESCP and other top ten schools according to FT rankings).My background is as follows:
GMAT: 750Last year CAT: 99.43GPA : 7.43(absolute grading), from IIT-BHU
w...
Hi Namita!!
Thanks for the info. I am planning to start my session at IIT and will be applying to b schools abroad simultaneously for 2013-15 session. So obviously I can show this as a personal development for the time being. With regards to experience I have been employed for 18 months and h...
Excellent article...Quite motivating....
Though krannert was on my mind..But i thought there average gmat is 700+..So i am very much impressed over it....
@[563226:mbajamesbond] Nice nick :mg:Quick answer: any school where the average GMAT is about 50-points lower than yours - you have a good chance of both admission and scholarship.
Long Answer: Not really since the admissions committee looks at various factors before giving you the admission +...
1 1
Hi at a score of 650 in gmat..What university i should be targeting in usa..
I need scholarship of more than 50%
Hi Friends,
I am new to this community.
I am in final year student doing BE(Mumbai University).I want to pursue MBA from USA.
The problem is that my academic record in Engg is quit dull(aggregate 55%).So I dont think i would be place in any good Company.As i wont be having any Expe...
Hi, Generally leaving a job and spending the extra time ideally is seen negatively by business schools. So if in case you do decide to apply to programs outside India, be ready to explain how you are still developing yourself in this free time - either personally or professionally. Regarding the ...
@[398529:dushyantcfa] Hi Dushyant, This response has been written by Sachin (co-founder of MBA Decoder), an LBS alum: If you are very sure that finance sector is your area of interest and career pursuit, then go for it. All companies recruiting in finance/ financial services coming to campus in...
1 1
Hi frnd..my acads in 10th are 75%,in 12th 55%, & 74% in grad...if i will get 99%ile in cat 2012...will i get a col frm any of the IIM?
@Neo2000
Hello all,
After going through the entire blog, I felt compelled enough to put forward my case.
I have graduated from NIT with a CGP of 8.55 in 2010 and was then employed with an automobile MNC in their RnD wing. However, after seeing the technical side of things was interested to shift to...
Hello Consultants,
Query about Master of Finance from LBS. This being a short term course of 10 months appx, does it make significant impact on career growth?? Moreover student profiles of current class reveals that only 10% of class was from industry (i.e. ppl apart from financial services n ...
Hi MartianonEarth,
Thanks for answering the queries.
I want to know about some colleges in Asia which provide 1 year Mba in Operations. If you can help.
Regards,
Ravs
I would think of it as a big mistake if you try to force fit your NGO experience into your career goals. Your extra mural activities showcase another facet of your personality. You are engaging in them because you care to make a difference outside the circumference of your work. You may continue ...
Thanks again Namita. I indeed feel strongly for the cause of education for underprivileged. However, post mba, i would like to pursue a corporate role (to pay off the gigantic debt!) and not a role with an NGO. So i am falling short of ideas to weave community involvement into my long term career...