Login
Advertisements
Advertisements

Ask a Consultant! - GMAT/GRE Only GMAT Accepting B-Schools

The GMAT section's been growing rapidly over the past few years but I'm sure you already know that. Unfortunately, it's becoming tougher for individual contributors to keep pace. Fortunately, a lot of consultants have been coming up to help! So as a gesture to them and to every aspirant seeking a...
47 43
ashwindan hey guys ,im doing my B.E mechanical engg from Visweswara.... 04 Dec '13.
igradglobal Good to hear from you Ashwin - Most universities conside.... 04 Mar.
B I U Post
@singh04Hello Experts... Is it advisable to send my application for jan intake now for Schulich, Canada considering that the international deadline is 1st sep and if i am not mistaken, about half o...
Hi,
You have enough time for applying to Canadian or US b-schools. Would advise you to achieve better GMAT and then apply in good US b-school(s).
RegardsErina
@coolguyy88Hi, I wish to do an MBA from India. I tried considering options of CAT over GMAT and decided to take the GMAT in a short span of time. I did come across a lot of colleges that accept GM...
Hi @coolguyy88
There are few more b-schools like SP Jain, Greatlakes which accept GMAT scores. Visit GMAT Exams, Scores Accepting Schools, Colleges, Institutes in India - MBA India for the list of Indian B-schools which accept GMAT.
Hi Kindly evaluate my profile..1) Brief description of your full-time work experience. What do you do?After my schooling (2005)i joined my family garment business.We have a small showroom and we get our products from different states of india through our staff. The business was established in...
mba-help I see a couple of potential hazards in your MBA plans- a.... 17 Jun '13.
naga13 I will consider mba @mba-help . 18 Jun '13.
Hello Experts... Is it advisable to send my application for jan intake now for Schulich, Canada considering that the international deadline is 1st sep and if i am not mistaken, about half of the batch might already be full. Plz also comment about scholarship oppurtunities. My gmat-680 , 10th-8...
Hey guys,
I am a Bits Pilani-Dubai graduate working in Dubai for the past 1 Year. I have strong aspirations to do my MBA in India. I have planned to apply for top Bschools in India under NRI category, meaning ill be applying with my GMAT score and not CAT. Now, some of my friends say that one...
mba-help From my understanding, NRI status should be granted if yo.... 10 Jun '13.
siddartha1012 @mba-help Thanks for your reply, I crosschecked with some.... 12 Jun '13.
Hi guys,My mini profile is like this-
GMAT: 710Btech: IIT 7.463Work Ex 3 yrsEC and leadership: average :/(I can elaborate more on work ex in the application as it is good and relevant to my future career)I really want to go to colleges like Duke, Tuck , Ross etc. i.e within top 15-30 colleges...
4 Comments
CatNamoNamah @mba-help Thanks for your reply!. 10 Jun '13.
CatNamoNamah @mansi1265 Hi, I couldn't get your message, it must have .... 13 Jun '13.
Hi, I wish to do an MBA from India. I tried considering options of CAT over GMAT and decided to take the GMAT in a short span of time. I did come across a lot of colleges that accept GMAT scores and 5 years of experience that included IIMs. Can you please help me with top colleges other than ISB ...
@ravir5099Hey!! I want to do MBA from foreign....as I don't have much of high qualifications in my resume,,,,can u plz help in sorting out the country and the college..... I have heard that Canada...
Hi Ravi,
Kindly brief me about your profile like: acads, GPA, work experience, short/long term goals, awards/achievements and GMAT scores to assist you in school selection and profile evaluation.
Regards Erina
@tapy.jesusHi All, It would be very helpful if you guy can evaluate my profile and guide me accordingly. 10th- 84 % 12th - 66 % Btech - 68 % I am working in TCS and its been 30 months now, ...
Hi James,
An avg. acads and GPA can certainly be offset by submitting stron application essays and showcasing headship qualities, professional achievements and ability to work wth others during the final interview. As you have an avg. profile therefore I would suggest you to aim for 700+ GMAT...
Hi.. Pls rate my profile, and suggest me what options I have if I go for GMAT exam, and what colgs?Ur advice wud be welcomed, as I m a noob:)I dont have a clarity in life, I want an MBA... but I want my monthly salary too..Pls . help me..
B.Tech : 64 %10th - 72 %12th - 56 %Work experience - 5....
No one has answered this question, yet. Get cracking.
@ravir5099Hey!! I want to do MBA from foreign....as I don't have much of high qualifications in my resume,,,,can u plz help in sorting out the country and the college..... I have heard that Canada...
The visa laws are more relaxed in both Canada and Singapore. I don't understand what you mean when you say you don't have high qualifications in your resume. Maybe you can explain yourself better
ravir5099 I mean that in 10th I have got 81, 12 th - 62 , and doin.... 06 Jun '13.
ravir5099 Can u plzz suggest me some good colleges..... 06 Jun '13.
Hi All,It would be very helpful if you guy can evaluate my profile and guide me accordingly.10th- 84 %12th - 66 %Btech - 68 %I am working in TCS and its been 30 months now, I have a active participation in extra curricular activities and sports trough out my school and college.Can you please tel...
4 Comments
mba-help Hi, Look out for the class profiles and the individual pr.... 09 Jun '13.
tapy.jesus Thanks .that helped a lot .. 09 Jun '13.
Hey!!I want to do MBA from foreign....as I don't have much of high qualifications in my resume,,,,can u plz help in sorting out the country and the college..... I have heard that Canada and Singapore is really good in terms of fees and post study working visa..is it so?? What can I do about the s...
No one has answered this question, yet. Get cracking.
Puys, please post your general queries related to the MBA application process here.
@pallavi12I have started gmat prep this very month only, can anybody tell me how to manage time in daily prep,,also tell me about scholarships in good colleges and how to get them...i have low bud...
Hi Pallavi,
GMAT requires comprehensive preparation. I would suggest you to devote 3-4 hrs. daily and write mock test in alternate days. This way you would be able to gauge wherever you are lacking and then work on those pointers. Regarding scholarship, I would suggest you to do some research ...
@atushHi MBA Consultant,It would be very helpful if you evaluate my profile and give some advice for MBA.My profile- Work-ex (Wipro Tech) -30 months/ Graduation B.E. - 72% This year I am prepari...
Hi Atul,
I am unable to find professional achievements, leadership style and short/long term goals in your profile. However, if you are unable to showcase these attributes in application essays, then it would be difficult to apply in b-school(s) and face the adcoms during interview.
Havi...
@mba-helpwhat is your work experience? Some b-schools like the IIMs / XLRI/ SP Jain accept GMAT scores, but you need 5-7 years work experience to qualify
As of today, I've some 25 months of work experience. I understand most IIMs have a criteria of 27 years of age and/ or 5-7 years of experience, none of which I possess at the moment. Is ISB the only option?
mba-help Great Lakes, IIMs for their flagship PGDM courses, and a.... 24 May '13.
@gmatrakeshi am planning to pursue MBA in USA. can you please let me clarify some apprehensions regarding USA MBA? 1) Is it easy for foreign nationals to get a job post MBA? 2
@gmatrakesh 2) Will companies which recruit in OPT period generally sponsor for our H1-B visa?
@gmatrakesh 3) what has been the trend for indians pursuing MBA in tier one colleges like kelley? Please help me to make an informed decision. -regards Rakesh
depends on which industry/role you are targeting. Natives are given preference for certain roles, you could say, more in marketing and HR kind of functions, where one needs an understanding of local demographics. Getting into consulting for instance is relatively easier.
Again depends on the c...
i am planning to pursue MBA in USA. can you please let me clarify some apprehensions regarding USA MBA? 1) Is it easy for foreign nationals to get a job post MBA? 22) Will companies which recruit in OPT period generally sponsor for our H1-B visa? 3) what has been the trend for indians pursuing MB...
3 Comments
gmatrakesh can you please elaborate?. 24 May '13.
reviliant Better to talk over PM.... . 24 May '13.
@sundeep013Academics:- 10th- 84 12th-82 B.E.-72.6 Average extra curriulars Work Experience:- Associated with an IT firm for 33 months working for an asset management client. Involvement in dat...
Hi Sundeep,
Your work experience is on lower side. I don't see much potential in applying this yr. Would suggest you to wait another year and strengthen your profile by heading a team, professional achievements and other aptitudes. As these elements are essential in writing application essays,...
sundeep013 Thanks for reviewing. I see that there is a need to stren.... 24 May '13.