Login
Advertisements
Advertisements

Ask a Consultant! - GMAT/GRE Only GMAT Accepting B-Schools

The GMAT section's been growing rapidly over the past few years but I'm sure you already know that. Unfortunately, it's becoming tougher for individual contributors to keep pace. Fortunately, a lot of consultants have been coming up to help! So as a gesture to them and to every aspirant seeking a...
47 43
ashwindan hey guys ,im doing my B.E mechanical engg from Visweswara.... 04 Dec '13.
igradglobal Good to hear from you Ashwin - Most universities conside.... 04 Mar.
B I U Post
Puys, please post your general queries related to the MBA application process here.
@pallavi12I have started gmat prep this very month only, can anybody tell me how to manage time in daily prep,,also tell me about scholarships in good colleges and how to get them...i have low bud...
Hi Pallavi,
GMAT requires comprehensive preparation. I would suggest you to devote 3-4 hrs. daily and write mock test in alternate days. This way you would be able to gauge wherever you are lacking and then work on those pointers. Regarding scholarship, I would suggest you to do some research ...
@atushHi MBA Consultant,It would be very helpful if you evaluate my profile and give some advice for MBA.My profile- Work-ex (Wipro Tech) -30 months/ Graduation B.E. - 72% This year I am prepari...
Hi Atul,
I am unable to find professional achievements, leadership style and short/long term goals in your profile. However, if you are unable to showcase these attributes in application essays, then it would be difficult to apply in b-school(s) and face the adcoms during interview.
Havi...
@mba-helpwhat is your work experience? Some b-schools like the IIMs / XLRI/ SP Jain accept GMAT scores, but you need 5-7 years work experience to qualify
As of today, I've some 25 months of work experience. I understand most IIMs have a criteria of 27 years of age and/ or 5-7 years of experience, none of which I possess at the moment. Is ISB the only option?
mba-help Great Lakes, IIMs for their flagship PGDM courses, and a.... 24 May '13.
@gmatrakeshi am planning to pursue MBA in USA. can you please let me clarify some apprehensions regarding USA MBA? 1) Is it easy for foreign nationals to get a job post MBA? 2
@gmatrakesh 2) Will companies which recruit in OPT period generally sponsor for our H1-B visa?
@gmatrakesh 3) what has been the trend for indians pursuing MBA in tier one colleges like kelley? Please help me to make an informed decision. -regards Rakesh
depends on which industry/role you are targeting. Natives are given preference for certain roles, you could say, more in marketing and HR kind of functions, where one needs an understanding of local demographics. Getting into consulting for instance is relatively easier.
Again depends on the c...
i am planning to pursue MBA in USA. can you please let me clarify some apprehensions regarding USA MBA? 1) Is it easy for foreign nationals to get a job post MBA? 22) Will companies which recruit in OPT period generally sponsor for our H1-B visa? 3) what has been the trend for indians pursuing MB...
3 Comments
gmatrakesh can you please elaborate?. 24 May '13.
reviliant Better to talk over PM.... . 24 May '13.
@sundeep013Academics:- 10th- 84 12th-82 B.E.-72.6 Average extra curriulars Work Experience:- Associated with an IT firm for 33 months working for an asset management client. Involvement in dat...
Hi Sundeep,
Your work experience is on lower side. I don't see much potential in applying this yr. Would suggest you to wait another year and strengthen your profile by heading a team, professional achievements and other aptitudes. As these elements are essential in writing application essays,...
sundeep013 Thanks for reviewing. I see that there is a need to stren.... 24 May '13.
@gmatrakeshHi, I am rakesh. I have a gmat score of 700(q-50,v-34). I am 3 years experienced as of now in mobile and social game industry. i have done by graduation from Bits-pilani. i have average...
Hi Rakesh,
You have an avg. profile with decent GMAT score. With the given information, you may target b-schools like: Duke, Darden, Cornell, McCombs, Kenan-Flagler, USC-Marshall, Emory, Indiana-Kelley, McDonough, CEIBS-Shanghai, NUS & Nanyang. Application essays and interview plays a pivota...
@aashish2137 @mba-help , Can you please guide me which all Indian B-schools take GMAT score despite ISB? I'm looking for admission for the 2014 batch and haven't given the GMAT yet. Also, when do m...
what is your work experience? Some b-schools like the IIMs / XLRI/ SP Jain accept GMAT scores, but you need 5-7 years work experience to qualify
@pritam589Hi, I would be thankful to you if you can evaluate my profile and let me know. My target is to get into any of the Ivy league MBA programs in US or UK. Class X: 86% Class XII: 94.3 % U...
Hi Pritam,
There are few colleges who do not allow 2nd MBA. So it would be prudent to write and ask MBA admission office about your eligibility. Having said this, you have a decent profile with good GMAT, GPA from a reputed institute and ECs. You should stand a good chance in b-schools.
L...
@mba-help , Can you please guide me which all Indian B-schools take GMAT score despite ISB? I'm looking for admission for the 2014 batch and haven't given the GMAT yet. Also, when do most admission applications close out by? I understand ISB has its second round of admissions by November 15.
Hi,
I have got admits from 3 b schools
1) Saint John's MBA, new brunswick, Canada
2) Reims Management school, France.
3) Trinity, Ireland
M confused which one should i accept. I am planning on doing a general management or Operations.
4 users have answered this question.
@pritam589Hi, I would be thankful to you if you can evaluate my profile and let me know. My target is to get into any of the Ivy league MBA programs in US or UK.Undergrad: BE (BITS Pilani - 2004) -...
@pritam589Post Grad: MBA (SP Jain Dubai/singapore - 2011) - 3.52/4 (Gold Medal) GMAT: 710 Pre MBA: 5.5 years of IT experience in Capgemini and convergys. Role: Business Analyst/Project Management...
Currently working as a General Manager for a new two wheeler dealership with a vision to become a model dealership in India. - Built a team of business analysts from IITs/IIMs to help build a proce...
Pritam, you recently got done with an MBA, you are on a fast track growth, and into general management - something which other MBA candidates seek. You are recruiting highly qualified people under you. Seems like you career is on the right path.
Where is the need for another MBA??
The adco...
@sundeep013Academics:-Work Experience:- Associated with an IT firm for 33 months working for an asset management client. Involvement in datawarehousing domain, providing ETL development for mappi...
@sundeep013 Interested in doing a MBA in Finance. How is my profile for applying to good B schools abroad (for finance)?
Your post does not make it very clear whether you are employed with another company.
There are two paths to your work profile: 1. that you are doing data warehousing, and you could be doing it for any industry, including finance.
2. that you are involved in functional aspects of finance in ...
4 Comments
sundeep013 The live project here is a standalone and an online one, .... 21 May '13.
mba-help while the experience may be good for your career, you wou.... 22 May '13.
Academics:-10th- 84 12th-82 B.E.-72.6Average extra curriulars
Work Experience:-Associated with an IT firm for 33 months working for an asset management client.Involvement in datawarehousing domain, providing ETL development for mapping data to be shown to investors through reports/website.Invo...
3 Comments
sundeep013 US, Europe, Asia...aiming at 2 year course. 21 May '13.
mrexperteducation Dear Sundeep. Your profile is good. But most of the top .... 22 May '13.
I have been in Dubai for the past 5 Years, and i meet the criteria for NRI category in top B Schools from India. While my other option in mind is SP Jain School of Global Management, which offers an Australian Masters Degree. Just wanted to know which degree is valued the most outside India, ...
Hi, I would be thankful to you if you can evaluate my profile and let me know. My target is to get into any of the Ivy league MBA programs in US or UK.Academics:Class X: 86%Class XII: 94.3 %Undergrad: BE (BITS Pilani - 2004) - 7.59/10Post Grad: MBA (SP Jain Dubai/singapore - 2011) - 3.52/4 (Gold ...
Hi there,I have graduated from BITS-Pilani, Dubai in 2012. Am currently working in a IT Security Distribution company as a sales executive for the past 9 months. I have been handling accounts from Dubai and Bahrain for a certain set of products. Now the point is, as a fresher you only have a ...
Hi MBA Consultant,It would be very helpful if you evaluate my profile and give some advice for MBA.My profile- Work-ex (core) -24 months/ Graduation B.E. - 73%,12th - 85% & 10 th - 91 %. This year I am preparing for CAT and other Indian b-school programs although I want to write GMAT,I I need to ...
Unoeducation.in @Awesome.Yo Incase you are interested in MBA abroad, plea.... 21 Jun '13.
@Sachin Kudva hello... my 10th and 12th % is 80+ and BE Mech. agg. is 74.6 %. Currently M working in Siemens as an Executive Eng. in Manufacturing- Production. I hav a keen interest in doing MBA fr...
Hi Sachin,
You have decent academics and work experience in reputed company, have you taken CAT/GMAT? and also let me know your total work experience. Also do some brainstorming about your career aspirations post MBA, which sector you want to get into? based on these I can suggest you some goo...
Sachin Kudva thanks a lot Rohan for the response.... My work ex. as of.... 18 May '13.
Sachin Kudva where technical aspects are cincerned.....Marketing will .... 18 May '13.