Login
Advertisements
Advertisements

Some Books I have Read & Would Recommend Chit-Chat

Hi All [smiley]
A bunch of books on management & related stuff.
1) Tom Peters - Circle of Innovation
2) Maverick - Ricardo Semler
3) Managing Radical Change - Sumantra Ghoshal
4) Every Business is a growth business - Ram Charan
5) Getting to Yes - William Ury
6) Getting pas...
232 231
How many of you have read "Swami and Friends" or "Malgudi Days" by R.K.Narayan?
Excellent books both.
i finished SIDDHARTHA and currently reading LOLITA....
Siddhartha is good...
Read My Feudal lord by Tehmina Durrani. It is an autobiography of a Pakistani woman who was married to a promiment Pakistani politician. It gives an insight of the role of women in a muslim society.
Well written though sometimes it does get gory as the author explicitly describes the physical ...
Any thoughts on the Bill Gates Double Pack:
The Road Ahead & Business @the speed of thought ?
Recos & reviews .. awaited :)
EDIT:
SEARCH function actually helps .. found this ..
still more wanted
http://www.pagalguy.com/forum/355837-post2158.html
I would recommend SHOGUN..
a great book .. the way the story is built ... its captivating.
Theres one more 'The lost Horizon' a very good story with the background of Tibet.
I was desperately trying to get this short story after watching the movie, which has found a place in my all-time favorite movies list. Its a part of the book containing short stories named Closing Range: Wyoming Stories. At last found an e-book copy and finished it straight-away in just one hour...
SANTARAM a unique book depicting a story must to cherish thn to read....
Nice book. It will come in handy if you want to read something quickly and get it over with. However, the business learning will carry you far. There ain't no fancy terminology in here. Just plain and simple words from the minds of the great business personalities of India such as Dhirubhai Amban...
Read Eragon few days back....
and honestly it looked as my Harry Potter days were back again....
The book is good just took three evenings to complete it amidst football and Wimbeldon...
The book's been nicelly written interweining secrets and plots...The hero Eragon is just like Harry ...
I Did read "Business Maharajas",It gives good insights about the RPG group and how Ramprasad goyanga built his empire by acquiring diff companies..
Overall I'ts a good book to have info about diff business families in India
hey puys,is anyone a fan of neil simon here?my apologies if somebody has mentioned that in previous posts as ive not gone thru the thread.i was just wondering if anyone has seen this movie "biloxy blues".its based on a book by neil simon.really wanted to get hold of that book.but don kno the name...
Hey..can anyone tell me about the plat"LOOK BACK IN ANGER"..pardon me if i missed words in title...
Finished 'The blessing of a broken heart' by Sherri mandell
Author is american mom settled in israel whose 13 year old son is killed by palestine terrorist in a cave on May 8, 2001. The extreme cruelty of this act of terror shocked the world. She narrates her pain and synergise her pain with t...
i read Alchemist just amazing!
also "Who moved my cheese' is gud one!
iNSCRUTABLE aMERICANS IS A MUST READ:)
@crazysunayana
you are right I M Possible is another one which he has written under that name.and the genre for both the books is humour.
@all any comments about Shantaram..i just love this book
Hi friends
I just finished reading the book Liar's Poker by Michael Lewis. I found it an amazing book. The books talks about the rise and the doom of Salomon Brothers, one of the biggest investments banks in Amercia. The book is a first person insider account of how things happened and what a...
thnks a lot
isnt there one more book?
who has written I M POSSIBLE....if i am not mistaken...its also written by danielle Brown
damm, i dint know he was married.:(
recently finished BusinessMaharaja by Gita Piramal. one point i want to tell abt this book is that all the data provided in this book are too old... all the data in book is upto 1995 only... i think author should update all this think and publish new edition. this will me more interesting..
no...
@crazy
"187 Men to Avoid: A Survival Guide for the Romantically Frustrated Woman"
is the book which DAn Brown has co-written with his wife under the pseudonym Danielle Brown.
@all i have come to PG after a long,"short break"(what does that mean)
and i m not aware if Shantaram by Gre...
Currently reading the Grapes of wrath. by john steinback...
i have read the first 5-6 chps...
and the authour is amazing.
the description of everything ... is beautiful
i read the first chp...it was abt dust flying in the air... after reading..i realised tht i had read 8 pages on the ...