Login
Advertisements
Advertisements

Moral Lessons. Chit-Chat

Hi frdz,
With all tht XL fiasco(yet to be called so),there is very rampant need to resharpen our moral values.There are already threads on Sher-o-shayari,Funny Jokes and other inspirational thgz for CAT.But I cldn't find one related to moral values.So I hv posted here two little stories Hope u...
Hi frdz,
With all tht XL fiasco(yet to be called so),there is very rampant need to resharpen our moral values.There are already threads on Sher-o-shayari,Funny Jokes and other inspirational thgz for CAT.But I cldn't find one related to moral values.So I hv posted here two little stories Hope u all hv grt reading.
:D
First Important Lesson - Always remember those who serve.

In the days when an ice cream sundae cost much less, a 10-year-old boy
entered a hotel coffee shop and sat at a table. A waitress put a glass
of
water in front of him. "How much is an ice cream sundae?" he asked.
"Fifty
cents," replied the waitress. The little boy pulled his hand out of his
pocket and studied the coins in it. "Well how much is a plain dish of
ice
cream?", he inquired. By now more people were waiting for a table and
the
waitress was growing impatient. "Thirty-five cents," she brusquely
replied.
The little boy again counted his coins. "I'll have the plain ice
cream," he
said. The waitress brought the ice cream, put the bill on the table and
walked away. The boy finished the ice cream, paid the cashier and left.
When the waitress came back, she began to cry as she wiped down the
table.
There, placed neatly beside the empty dish, were two nickels and five
pennies. You see, he couldn't have the sundae, because he had to have
enough left to leave her a tip.
The question here related to the story is

1)How many of us still remember to say a small 'Thank You' to the teacher who distributes our Ques-Ans paper?
:D
Second Important Lesson - Giving When it Counts.

what you said is very true. we often forget how important is to remind the society .tyhe people who indirectly helps us oneway or the other that we owe a debt to them. the funny thing is that it only requires a smile and a thanks. when the question paper is served we are so busy with the paper that we forget to say thanks to the teacher. i thank you for starting the thread, because in this world with its fast pace and all its artificialness. keep it up mate
  • Like 0
  • Share 0
  • Quote & Reply
  • Follow
When I was quite young, my father had one of the first telephones in
our neighborhood. I remember well the polished, old case fastened to
the wall. The shiny receiver hung on the side of the box.
I was too little to reach the telephone, but used to listen with
fascination when my moth...
Nice posts. Some simple moral lessons :
1. Help an elderly person (senior citizen) cross the road whenever you find them in trouble.
2.If someone is carryng a lot of luggage or has his/her hands occupied doing anything else open the door for him/her.
3. Be good to people on Phone.
Let's just rename the thread "chicken soup for the PG's"
good work guys, just keep it going.........
Excellent thread this , just managed to find it out ..
Read thru all the posts and it definitely helps to build new thoughts and adopt a new way of thinking . Some really gr8 posts on this thread ...
well , continuing the beat ...heres one from my side ....
This is so beautiful. And so...
Sometimes
Sometimes we wonder, "What did I do to deserve this?" or "Why did God have to do this to me?" Here is a wonderful explanation! A daughter is telling her Mother how everything is going wrong, she's failing algebra, her boyfriend broke up with her and her best friend is moving away.
Yes Pooja ...
even i make it a point that even when i buy a cup of tea from a local khoka outside my office i give a smile to the kid there and say thanx ...and trust me what u say i have seen it happen ..the kid's face simply lightens up as he feels personalised ...
I hope in our small and...
Sympathy Vs Compassion
I heard a story about Fiorello LaGuardia who was mayor of New York City during the worst days of the Great Depression and all of WWII. He was adored by many New Yorkers who took to calling him the "Little Flower," because he was so short and always wore a carnation in hi...
Then What?
========
What if you won the lottery?
What if you won a big one, like 100 million or so?
What would you do?
Let's go down the usual list.
Pay off the home (no make that buy a mansion - cash).
Buy several exotic cars
Buy clothes
Travel to exotic places
H...
Its so true. We realise things only after we loose the particular person or thing forever. Unfortunately we never learn to value things we have.
Thank you :
I make it a point to thank anyone who serves me or helps me, rite from the shop owner, to those who work at our place. I know I am no...
dear pronto
It is really a good lesson to learn from the post.They r real interesting posts yaar
Keep posting....such goodies..
luv
Kartik C
The Cookie Monster
At an airport one night with several long hours before her flight, she hunted for a book in an airport shop, bought a bag of cookies and found a place to drop.
She was engrossed in her book but happened to see, that the man sitting beside her, as bold as could be, grabbe...
"QUOTED"
Five More Minutes
While at the park one day, a woman sat down next to a man on a bench near a playground. "That's my son over there," she said, pointing to a little boy in a red sweater who was gliding down the slide.
"He's a fine looking boy" the man said. "That's my son on t...
Parable Of The Pencil
The Pencil Maker took the pencil aside, just before putting him into the box.
"There are 5 things you need to know," he told the pencil, "Before I send you out into the world. Always remember them and never forget, and you will become the best pencil you can be."
"...
The Mexican Fisherman
The American investment banker was at the pier of a small coastal Mexican village when a small boat with just one fisherman docked.
Inside the small boat were several large yellow fin tuna. The American complimented the Mexican on the quality of his fish and asked how...
Do-re-Me I thk no one is else posting anythg here.and I don't want to paste anything here today so I hv just written few words.
Sometimes when u don't get the expected results U r Sad and Out...and at these time u cherish wht little thing God has given U .Little things which were so insignific...
Comforted By Joy
Meister Eckhart
Some good people speak as if what we must do is to become so perfect that no love of any kind can move us and that we cannot be touched by either good or bad! They are being unfair to themselves. I don't believe any saint is so great that he could not be mo...
Grt,
Either the Junta here don't need Moral Lessons at all...or they hv tons of tht.
Thx for reply and that too so soon.
Bye.
Heard this ques when i was in school..everyone came up with their own versions but ya, this is how it wud have been PERFECT !
gud for u that u relaized it so early. i started a post on DECISION MAKING. have a look at it n u'll understand wot i mean..
yes u did spell it correctly it is Do Re Me... n my nick is actually my fav song, the first ever English song i learned to sing from the sound of music. thz to chandoo h...