Login
Advertisements
Advertisements

Banned on PG? Why?? Chit-Chat

Hie folks,
Have been receiving many queries such as:
- Whats the criteria for banning someone?
- Why was XYZ banned?
- What should we avoid so as not to get banned?
Since its a people's forum, I thought its better we have a thread on this issue as well. Henceforth, this thread wo...
44 42
Premmm What ban you are talking about? Are you talking about the.... 11 Jun '13.

When you're banned on PG, permanently, you've done something so drastic, broke the rules, that the mods took this extreme step of banning you.

If you've been banned for some time, take that time to stay off the forums and learn the rules and identify the nonsense that you did, that you will no longer do when you are back on the forums.

@kuljeet_the_warrior was banned for 2 weeks following a report. He created a clone, @more_deadly and had the temerity to ask us to verify things before taking action. The first ID's ban increased to a month, the second one banned permanently.

IIRC, @sonnes had warned him in the past as well. One more such action and his IP itself gets banned for life, just like we do for spammers and advertisers.
Town Hall: www.pagalguy.com/townhall​ Official Accounts:  www.pagalguy.com/badges/official-ac...
  • Like 2
  • Share 0
  • Quote & Reply
  • Follow
  • shubhba @LastAttempt xctly !! rules are rules !! even CEO's minor mistakes are never overlooked. more important the person is, more he should abide by the rules!
    • B I U
    @silent_spectator and @sharkey banned for 7 days each.
    People have a right to have opinions contrary to yours, and that does not mean they are spamming or insulting others. Trying to silence their words by reporting excessively will only mark you are confrontational, not them. Take care.
    @vrchawade has been banned permanently for advertising for some cribby site that promises cash for brain, in the name of mocks.
    @alihaider786 has been banned for 30 days for initiating communal and hate mongering statements on a post that did not need such a reaction. Despite being warned, he continued to engage in unnecessary communal arguments.
    @jpyadav has been banned too for reacting unnecessarily to a communal...
    gentleperson @grondmaster Sir, though banning a member is totally yo.... 01 Dec '13.
    visionIIM-ACL @gentleperson has been banned for being the clone of @a.... 01 Dec '13.
    @nitin119 and @plant.waters banned for 7 days each. We've mentioned it a number of times - take your vendettas out of PG. And you think we can't get to see that you're reporting each other's posts and comments just for getting even? Please, think of some new ways to entertain us. This is getti...
    plant.waters I apologise sir, i am ashamed that i resorted to such cru.... 02 Dec '13.
    nitin119 same here. i apologise sir. i dont want to say who starte.... 02 Dec '13.
    Courtesy @sonnes : Fake accounts and cheating on Mocks invites an immediate ban. Please ensure you play fair.
    @dragster banned for one week - frivolous reporting. Mind you, people have already been warned - take your vendettas out of PG - if you use the reports system to irritate authors, you might find yourself on the receiving end.
    @vavi1978 banned for a week for abusive language. This is a zero tolerance issue and no warnings are given for such language. Banned on reporting.
    @vavikimaut seems to have been created to troll the previous ID. Banned permanently.
    @jaspunit banned permanently. Supposedly there's a rel...
    5 5 Comments
    the-INVINCIBLE :roll: . 24 Aug '13.
    rajjjj @kuljeet01 handa ka funda . 25 Aug '13.
    A few days back, I posted this ping: http://www.pagalguy.com/pings/alrighty-then-debating-whether-post-not-ping-17108350/ but not many have taken it to heart. I was saddened to see one good and helpful puy resorting to such frivolous reporting. The puy has been banned for 7 days.
    Please, take ...
    akshay01 Request you to reopen this link as results are out pagalg.... 06 Aug '13.
    @NMIMS_HR banned 7 days for fake reporting of users. PG does not recognise your internal PR rules of posting on threads. Therefore, you have no right to threaten or report any PG user to refrain from posting on any PG thread.
    PhoenixScribe Oh! i didn't know even excessive reporting gets one banne.... 18 Jul '13.
    Apurv @PhoenixScribe - Yep, it can. It's not acceptable of the.... 18 Jul '13.
    @dhruv_malhotra banned for 7 days for excessive reporting of normal posts. Take your vendettas out of PG, and before that, learn what needs to be reported and what is worthy of being on PG.
    @scrabblar tried to impersonate @scrabbler hence was banned by @sonnes.
    Subsequently, the same person behind the first ID came and created a clone @jaspuniit trying to impersonate @jaspunit. And then went ahead asking everyone for more Karma by liking their pings. And mentioning yours truly in...
    15 1 5 Comments
    OFS OMG!! :mg: . 12 Jun '13.
    Dmalhotra1990 "And then went ahead asking everyone for more Karma by li.... 28 Nov '13.
    @BitterTruthButFact @ECOT and @Hindustantimes have been banned. These were clones created specifically to malign FMS-BHU. Please don't try such nonsense, we can smell these a mile out.
    @Mad-Head has been banned permanently for faking the identity. He faked exam scores and misguided people on the basis of such claims.
    Vision.
    13 6 Comments
    audiq7 dafaq!!. 12 Jun '13.
    DarkKnightRisez OMG. 21 Jul '13.
    @riteshdanger has been banned for 30 days for using abusive language
    @golub51 has been permanently banned and all content has been deleted. apparently, he's unaware of women's undergarment styles and has been asking around women in PMs.
    13 5
    jaspunit haha. 11 Jun '13.
    @bhaibhokali has been banned for 7 days for posting to many posts with ALL CAPS.
    7 1
    @mohitsachdeva has been banned permanently for sending abusive PMs and getting into unnecessary personal attacks on threads.
    3 1
    What a dedication to publicize college , just wonder it should have been better planned so that we could have not caught the plot.
    @varun0109 creates the thread on IIFP placements, followed by telling vision of college's placement team ... then comes in @sudhav saying she has no doubts on II...
    44 30
    manish_harodia lol. 28 Nov '13.
    grondmaster Will they never learn? Damn, we're getting bored with lis.... 28 Nov '13.
    @kartheekreddym has been banned for a month for publicizing FB Page of Finance forum of respective college across different threads !!
    PS: Was hard to decide this
    3 1