Login
Advertisements
Advertisements

Shortlisting Criteria - 2011 CAT & Related BSchools

Hello friends,
Kindly post the shortlisting criteria adopted by IIMs and other institutes for this year.
We can expect that the IIMs will disclose the criteria before the exams in order to avoid last year fiasco.
So kindly post as soon as you get any information.
17 17
B I U Post
Ya,Gud luck with that....Just for a back-up...do fill other colleges like XLRI,MDI,JB,NEW IIM'S,NM....
Dont repeat the mistake that i did this yr.Its always good to have a back up option with u in case things dont go the way u wanted them to be....these are also gud colleges and not much diffe...
1 1
@Kaliya.
If u dnt mind, cn u share ur 10 and 12th marks.
Thanks a lot buddy. cheers.
@kaaliya --- ok...so m going to score big...thats it...the end of discussion
To be honest..No chance of getting a call from B,K,I,A,S & a bleak chance of making it to C,L if u score above 99.7...I said bleak coz IIM-L has a diversity centric Adm. criteria and IIM-C gives 10% weightage to 10,12th respectively.
So,if u want to enter L,C score huge ...i mean really huge b...
2 2
@chandan -- no bro...it wont affect at all as many students do that. you can justify it by saying that the one year break was well worth it as you had managed to secure admission in NIT which is one of the top engineering colleges in the country. but in general they don't even bother. might just...
@PokeyBoy...
@igNit..
hey buddy kindly address my query, its very urgent. I wanted to knw dat given d fact dat i hv dropped a year to prepar efr my engg entrance exam, wud it matter as far as selection to the B-school as well as placement are concerned???
plzzzz reply
Hey pg's!!!,
Could anyone please let me know if i stand a chance of getting into any one of the older IIM's with the following academic profile now that quite a few of them have revamped their selection procedure
10th -- 87.6% (CBSE)
12th--78% (CBSE)
graduation -- 65% Electrical Engin...
Every year the criteria for IIMs change. But according to last year's criteria, you stand a good chance in IIM-C if you score above 99.6%ile. For IIM-A you need to score 21 out of 35 point scale to get calls for GD/PI, which you can check on IIM-A website. IIM-B gives serious profile based calls ...
1 1
hii puys...
I am still in 3rd year and thinking to take CAT after 2 yrs of job ex. Although, i study in mechanical engg branch but given teh growth rate, locations and better prospects in switching the companies i am looking forward to joining an IT cos viz TCS, INFY,IBM,WIPRO. Will that creat...
Here goes my acads
X th - 90.8%
XII th - 81.4%
Btech - 67% (upto 5th sem - got one more sem before CAT 12)
extra curricular - decent involvement in various college events
- a core team member of an NGO
MY QUESTION -
1) Do I stand any chance of makin...
ya bro...chill and prepare well...you have a really good chance if you score well in CAT ... acads are quite decent
1 1
hello.
Plzzzz help me to know my chances.
10th-94
12th-78
graduation-84(nit)
WILL i be able to make into any iim or other top noth colleges??? plzz do reply.
Hey pg's!!!,
Could anyone please let me know if i stand a chance of getting into any one of the older IIM's with the following academic profile now that quite a few of them have revamped their selection procedure
10th -- 87.6% (CBSE)
12th--78% (CBSE)
graduation -- 65% Electrical Engin...
My profile
10th: 86
12th: 80
b.tech: 73.4 till 7th sem wat should be my score 4 top ten B schools ?
Dont loose heart. IIM-Calcutta gives 80% weightage to CAT score. So if you score above 99.55%ile(acc to this year), you will be shortlisted.You can also aim for newer IIMs with score of 98+%ile(Rohtak, Raipur, Ranchi, Trichy, Kashipur, Udaipur). There are some other good colleges which dont give ...
hv a look at the cut-offs for IIMC.....
pdf file
No its not 99.6..
I know a person who got a call at 99.08 , GEM category..
You can have a look at the category.. wrack your brains and find it yourself what would be the cutoff...
Just to help you'll decode the criteria -
100%le - 369/450
99.04% (that is what i have) - 283/450
pdf file
99.6 for GEN category......
provided u hv 80+ in 10th,12th n grad....
What was cutoff for IIMA this year..