Login
Advertisements
Advertisements

Salary levels before IIM's CAT & Related BSchools

hi
i have posted this before in some other thread, but my question didnt receive any attention.
Can you tell me some figure of salary at which one should not go to IIM's!! I know atleast a couple of guys who left IIM's after getting selected for a job.There are jobs for fresh engineers from...
1 1
Mogli Posted

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Iam not too sure if its the post-mba salary that makes ppl wanna do it

there, I feel are ppl with diverse backgrnds, as illustrated a zillion times, which some say adds to the expirience and blah blah

but by diverse does it only mean their salary or their education backgrnd?

I feel there are many factors which draw ppl to it

1: grads who have not been able to find suitable jobs and who hope that with so many companies for campus plcmnts, it will give them ample oppurtunity to get one

2: ppl bored with their job profile

3: ppl stuck at a level and who are convinced that mba wud change it

4: ppl who feel that their work-ex provides little scope for diversifying

5: die-hard wannabe richard bronson's

and am sure there are many more....
so money mite or mite not be a factor

Mogli brother, CAT is a very good career option for those people who have not acheived good jobs/job profiles. It gives one more chance to guys who were not able to do good after their graduation. It is wonderful opportunity to those who are stuck and hate their jobs....

But not everyone of us hate our current jobs.....neither we hate them nor we have some special love towards them.

This thread deals with slightly different kind of people. It deals with those who have already done well before getting into IIM's. Those who have got good campus offers in terms of money and those who are earning nice salary currently in a good job. These days many such people too are joining MBA institutions. We are just curious about the hting which is attracting them...

I would appreciate ketanm for giving such a nice and valid reason for his liking for CAT. Infact he covered almost reason one could have to join IIM's even though he has a good job at his hands.

Garuda is participating welll in this thread, we would request other IIM guys to post their views here...

grabel
  • Like 0
  • Share 0
  • Quote & Reply
  • Follow
Dude, i've got nothing personal against you.
Indeed they do have their own road map, but what followed in your next line didnt exactly get across very well to me and thats why i replied like that. You might not have meant it that way,but it did sound like that. Maybe now u know why my reply w...
I am sorry if through the details of my mail I sounded very condescending. I had clearly mentioned that "....On a serious note, what you miss out is the UCB topper (no idea why he chose an indian MBA though) or the MBBS doctor have an idea of what life has to offer them ahead. They have kind of m...
Thanks grabel for starting such a good discussion. This thread actually compelled me to think why I want to go for an MBA despite having a good job (5 lacs PA).
Most of the posts I read are only concerened with money...but I think that is NOT the sole reason of doing an MBA, but ofcourse no o...
HI,
I feel that the MBA is a good investment even if you are earning a reasonable amount of money (say around 7-8 lakhs).
A lot of people are talking about the salary levels of the graduates when they are leaving the IIM's or other institutes. But, the important figures will be that of wha...
Iam not too sure if its the post-mba salary that makes ppl wanna do it
there, I feel are ppl with diverse backgrnds, as illustrated a zillion times, which some say adds to the expirience and blah blah
but by diverse does it only mean their salary or their education backgrnd?
I feel there...
mr grabel, i dont think you get to dictate the tone of the thread. remember .. free speech ... blah blah blah ?
and i think arun made his points quite clearly, and there was substance in his post. the presentation might have been laced with humour, but that doesnt detract anything from the thr...
Arun we are having a serious discussion here in this thread. I would request you to please control your humorous side for time being. Such kind of irresponsible responses will not be able to solve the problem at hand.
This discussion is very important for me and lots of people like me. I would...
Today one of my very close friend went to IIMB to discuss the similar things with my college seniors who are studying there... They said that most the salaries(not all companies..still majority) which are shown in figures are CTC...He cited the example of a job at a very famous bank which pays ar...
Well, i wudnt really belittle anyones plans or courses which they have set for themselves so easily dude. Every person knows what he wants to do next and they set out in that path. Neither u nor i know what course they have set for themselves.
So maybe its safe not to dismiss anyt...
I apologize if my understanding of this thread is wrong. But I get a feeling (without going through the details) that money is getting underplayed. On a humorous note, it is like that Sprite adv.
Your Colleague : Hey !! Kya yahan baita 6lpa kama raha hai yaar !! Naye mockCATs de.... Naye qua...
well, money is ofcourse not at d first place for me to go for an mba...uptill class 12th i was a typical student...get up-go to school-tutions-playing-sleep, all @comforts of home. did'nt knew much whts going in d outside world...my awareness level was quite low...thnx for being from a small town...
Exactly. A very good reason as to why one should spend 2 years into a top B-school.
Just wanted to share some stuff-
Theres a lateral placement program which takes place in just about all the IIMs i think (sometime in 5th term). Atleast tehres one at B. For a person to be eligible for laterals, he should be having atleast 20 (or 22) months of work experience. And if they get ...
Coming back to this issue again. Career and advancement issues come when you have enough in the purse.
Answering Sameer.
As for the software guys saving, some save over 20K while living in a different city from their home.
The reality is that we all are looking for good money.
If tom...
My take on this would be that certainly money does matter, but the quality of job and career advancement is a major issue for experienced ppl and certainly NOT MONEY while going for an MBA.
I know in SPJain, there are more than 5-6 guys who have left nearly more than 6 lacs of salary and have...
krm there is something called lateral placements at each IIM's. I dont know the exact process or eligiblity but it is supposed to help the people with experience to get a job at some higher level of management hierarchy not as a freshers...
regards
grabel
PS: Thanx PG and ghulam...
krm
good one grabel...nicely composed the confusion in the minds of working people ( around 3-4 yrs of exp.).....I discussed with few people abt this issue, they r not quite sure how a experienced person will be considered after his mba from IIM.
dont know whether companies really considers their ...
If I have to put into few words then...
Good money, better recognition, and not happy with the current job.
I asked a senior professor at MDI...
Sir, there is one point I wanted to share with you. My interaction with students who wrote CAT made me feel that people opt for management not ...
A pretty good post there grabel. If you are just 21, I seriously do appreciate your lines of thinking. Most importantly because you brought up one issue , no one ever really replies to or acknowledges - Opportunity Cost.
A lot of people tend to forget that an MBA is just that. A Master's Degre...