Login
Advertisements
Advertisements

MBE, Deptt. of Business Economics, DU [2012-14] Admissions CAT & Related BSchools

About MBE

In 1973, the Department of Business Economics under University of Delhi,pioneered the Masters Program in Business Economics, MBE. Since then the Department has become a centre of excellence, imparting quality education to the students. The eclectic blend of faculty, academicians, researchers and professionals drawn from India and abroad, with their vast pool of managerial expertise distinguishes the Department from others and gives it an exalted stature. Today, it boasts of an illustrious alumni base of over a thousand individuals who have made their mark in various capacities in the corporate world as well as in the academia. Other than MBE, which is the Department's flagship course, it also administers the Bachelors, M.Phil. and Ph.D. programs in this discipline and has also initiated the same programs for many other universities.

Admission Procedure:

CAT Results will be used for shortlisting candidates. So a candidate has to appear for the Common Admission Test(CAT) conducted by the IIMs. (IIMs have no role in the selection process or in the conduct of the programme.)

Eligibility Condition:

Graduates (Under 10+2+3) in any discipline, with at least 50% ( Minimum 45% for SC/ST) marks in Graduation from the University of Delhi or any other University recognized as equivalent thereto with Maths/Business Maths at class XII level. Candidates appearing for the final year of Bachelor's Degree examination in 2012 can also apply.

Intake:

The intake of the course is 82 students inclusive of all the reservations.

Why MBE ?
  1. Course is tailored on the similar patterns of the program at Harvard Business School
  2. excellent faculty-mostly all have done PhDs
  3. recognition from Delhi University
  4. student community is very talented and comes from various backgrounds
  5. apart from the academic front, we all participate in seminars, business plan competitions and other social events
  6. one of the unique course which offers Econometrics

Some Important dates and links-
Sale of CAT Vouchers :
Wednesday, 17 August 2011 - Saturday, 1 October 2011

Registration for CAT 2011 :
Wednesday, 17 August 2011 - Tuesday, 4 October 2011

CAT Test Dates :
Saturday, 22 October 2011 - Friday, 18 November 2011

CAT Result :
Wednesday 11 January 2012

Forms Sale :10th Oct to 12th Dec 2011

Where are forms available- campus or online or through postage

Campus- Room no 229,Arts Faculty Building,South Campus
Online- On line Admission for MBE
Through draft- The Admission Coordinator, Room no 229,Arts Faculty Building,university of Delhi South Campus,Benito Juarez Road,New Delhi- 110021
Cost - Rs1800(Rs 900 for SC/ST candidates) for both programmes(MBE and MFC) and Rs.1100(Rs600 for SC/ST candiate) for single programme

Do check the website for batch profile and other information-
Master of Business Economics | Home
If you have anything to ask, do post here. All the best for CAT 2011.

Vishal Anand
Corporate Communications Cell,
Masters in Business Economics, Department of Business Economics,
University of Delhi
  • Like 7
  • Share 7
  • Quote & Reply
  • Follow
    • B I U
    B I U Post
    Hi Seniors,
    I have two questions..
    1. Does the MFC and MBE have seperate GD/PI or it wiil be the same ??
    2. Can u throw some light on placements offered(Max Min. and Avg packages)
    Thanks in advance !!
    It is simple formality dude, if you don't have work ex. you just need to leave it blank. Apart from that, here at MBE obviously there is no explicit weight age to this, but we lot many with them in batch...
    So, it is obvious that it helps to gain score in interview but we have large chunk of f...
    this is a mandatory requirement as far as the form is concerned as it was the criteria that the faculty members decided
    moreover if its not imp then y to worry for freshers u can leave it balnk and be happy
    thanks alot for asking your query first mate
    well answering your first question engineers are very much eligible for the course .considering that the onus is towards analytics and economics the engineers are natural choice for their good analytical abilities.Infact in our batch and our seniors...
    Hiii.. I read the criteria of selection.
    I could not understand why in the form the institute is asking for work experience, if it does not have any weightage.
    Well Manisha , as far as the companies visiting campus for recruitment purposes are concerned , we manage to attract a large variety of companies - from all sectors be it FMCG'S ,Manufacturing giants , Banking Corporations , Consultancy firms for both Summer Internships and for Final Placements ....
    1 1
    Moderators are requested to move this thread to the "CAT and Related Discussions" section.
    2 2
    Yes, engineers are eligible.
    No other discrimination is done. A very large portion of our batch is made up of engineers.
    They do way more than merely sustain. Most of them thrive here.
    2 2
    Hi,
    Thanks for opening the thread. Here go my queries :-
    Can you shed some light on the kind of companies that visit MBE for Final and Summer Placements and elaborate on the profiles offered by them?
    Also I've heard that batches of both, DFS and MBE comprise of mainly Commerce stream stu...
    Are engineers eligible for MBE as in the previous posts it was mention (10+2+3) ?
    Apart from that 2.5% weightage to other degrees.....is there any discrimination done with engineers ?
    One personal ques too..... Can engineer sustain in that course ?
    For those of you who are skeptical enough to consider MBE as their career option .Then look at the placement stats and the overall ROI that this course offers
    and above all the DU tag is the enough in itself
    Master of Business Economics | why MBE?
    Guys pour in your queries about MBE we would be happy to help you
    1 1
    Criterion For Shortlisting For GD/PI
    Candidates from General category should have at least 90 percentile in CAT to be shortlisted for GD/PI.
    Sectional cutoffs in CAT percentile results would be further applied for short-listing General Category candidates for GD/PI
    Short-listing will be ...
    1 1
    Well I am in no position whatsoever to comment on the cut off's for MFC last year . However , here at MBE the average CAT percentile of General Category students is in the range of 90 to 95 , with the highest CAT Percentile being 99.54 . With this being the 2nd year of MBE taking CAT Scores the c...
    1 1
    Yes both the Department of Financial Studies and the Department of Business Ecpnomics ( DBE ) started taking CAT scores from last year . Yes , you are indeed eligible for MFC . For more information on the placement figures , reservation policy for DU and Non DU students , Curriculum structure you...
    DFS having MFC course and MBE both started taking CAT score from last year... I have least idea about the cut off for MFC. For MBE, the cut-off was in the range of 88-90%ile for the last year... However, it may rise this year as it started taking CAT score for the first time last year... Yes, you...
    2 2
    heard dat DFS started taking CAT last yr only....wts the cut off for MBE n MFC?? i am an engineer.am i eligible for mfc??? wts the average package and Reservation policy for DU n Non DU students???