Login
Advertisements
Advertisements

All I wanted to Speak about CAT CAT & Related BSchools

Download the FREE 'The Best of All I Wanted to speak about CAT' ebook, a compendium of the best posts on this thread.
Use this thread to detail how your CAT journey went. For any query, use the threads available across the forum.
335 3
imaginer88 I am not able to read the complete post . contd in next p.... 01 Feb.
B I U Post
There was a light in the end of the tunnel. If not IIT, I had a go at ICAI. Registered for the first level of chartered accountancy exam. Okay, great. Still no IIM dreams yet. My image of commerce requiring lesser studies crashed. Now I had to work hard. The best thing was I was liking the course...
26 25
Always had a dream to write on this sacrosanct thread. So much so that, I wanted to convert a good B-School so that I write on the thread. It will be more of, what I want to say about my life rather than just CAT, as CAT formed just a little part of life. (I hope, the post is not counted as a sp...
27 26
Life is all about dreams(3 of 3)
Life is 100% Prespiration
I never found the CAT part tough. I was pretty good at QA/DI/LR and since VA was based on feel factor, I never needed to put in a lot of effort in prep for CAT. But now came the GDPI. A call is useless unless it isnt converted. XLRI...
147 120 5 Comments
onlysambhav @abhishek_sharma hihihi... :) . 27 May '13.
Revolutionaiser For ALL IIM and Others 85+ bcom honours with 4-5 years j.... 24 Aug '13.
Life is all about dreams(2 of 3)
Life is not all about CAT
This is it. I needed a plan B. I could see my one year getting wasted infront of my eyes. I wanted to improve my profile. I applied to few companies. Futures First being one of them. I started to focus on my work at TCS. I put in a ...
77 71
Life is all about dreams(1 of 3)
There was the Cat, there was an aspirant, there was normalization. Story en..d.
CUT..CUTCUT..
It aint over yet.
This isnt a story which would inspire you to take a bhisma pratigya of Bhagwan jab tak CAT na crack ho jaye, seet-geeta ki taraf aankh utha ...
86 81
'JOURNEY AND THE RISKS - When I drove on the roads of my dream institute'
My life, co-incidentally, has followed bottom-up approach. During my engineering days, with some like minded friends Amit & Aakash, I started a magazine Living in the City which still stays our best baby. Immediately, af...
30 30
Hi All,
My journey towards CAT and an admission is almost a straight driven process.. No twists and turns worth mentioning.. but would like to post the experiences in one of the sacred links that helped me immensely during my preparation.
CAT2009:
It all started off as discussions with m...
27 25
Now that I have taken a lot from Puys, I think it is my turn to return the favour.
The Engineering situation
Well, everybody did that so gave AIEEE and enrolled myself in NIT Kurukshetra in 2006. I was a kind of bookish boy with little extra curics in school.
I started reading novels in...
30 28
I first came across this thread sometime around May-June 2011. (Actually, to be more precise, I came across the eBook with the same name which contained a few of the many experiences posted here). Ever since then, I have dreamt of posting on this thread (and hoping that my post also makes it to t...
48 38
saurabh1921 #Respect :) . 02 Aug '13.
CAT 2008
The night before the exam, boozed heavily along with friends and partied out loud as the motivation for the exam had already dropped to zero after joining the company. ALmost forgot that I had an exam the next morning
On the C'day , went to the center with spinning head and hangov...
22 20
Better late than never.... I always wanted to post my CAT story on this thread simply because it was this very place that kept me going when I felt down and out.
Though I am not an IIM call getter nor an XL person but wherever I am, I owe a lot to PG and this thread because the motivation tha...
11 9
Whatever I wanted to say about the exam and the experience has been considerably watered down after the multiple rejects that I got initially. In over 3 years this phase, after the announcement of the written exam results, has been the toughest. When I had those bad results in 2010 and 2011, I kn...
11 10
Finally the day has finally come, when am about to post my most important journey in life till dateThe CAT
The Motivation
2006:I was about to enter an engineering college. I happened to meet a distant relative, an IIMB alumnus who was doing exceedingly well in life. The respect that he gain...
42 41
I will write my experience in short.....
During my last year at IIT Bombay, i started preparation for cat, why, because my batch mates were doing so. joined ims and gave cat first time in 2008 (at that time it was paper based test). The results were disastrous only 80% scored. But through cam...
19 17
I have been visiting PG often and was always the one who was benefiting from the immense source of knowledge PG is. Finally today I have got the opportunity to share my MBA journey and what all I put into it and what I got. I passed out of school in year 2004, then dropped a year for IIT preparat...
26 26
Hi Guys ....
Have been reading all posts on this thread for the past one week ...
The stories here are truly inspirational to say the least, So, I sincerely thank all of you for sharing your stories on this thread ...
After reading the posts, I was in two minds, whether to post on this...
110 101
This comes, not when I am about to join a college but when I have passed out of one. There is a particular reason why I am posting it in this thread, and I would specifically come to it in the end. CAT and further performance in personality rounds will give one the choices, an important aspect of...
39 36
Finally, posting on the sacred thread which has inspired many and will keep inspiring. . .
I am writing the post as I sail through my summer internship in a German company and wait for my mentor to come.
What a journey it has been. I wind the clock one year back and see myself overjoyed b...
39 35
hritik.sharma u too were from endeavor ahmedabad?? cool!!. 24 Apr '13.
This is probably the most inspiring thread on PG. I have read this thread for days and months and got more and more inspired each time. I always thought of writing on this thread once I become eligible. Now, that the moment has arrived, let me begin with my story. This might not be as good as som...
58 50
akshay076 What were your acads sir? And insring to say the least. E.... 18 Aug '13.
Contd.....
The Resurrection
In everyone's life there comes a point when you stop to reflect back on your life. I realized that I had no career in IT, my friend's business had failed. It was high time that I took control of my life and follow my dream of doing an MBA. So I started preparing ...
59 54