[2012] Results of PaGaLGuY B-school Rankings 2012

Hi all, Here we go. Start by reading an analysis - PaGaLGuY B-school Rankings 2012: Here are the Results! | PaGaLGuY.com - India’s biggest website for MBA in India, International MBA, CAT, XAT, SNAP, MAT Or jump straight to the resu…

Hi all,

Here we go.

Start by reading an analysis - PaGaLGuY B-school Rankings 2012: Here are the Results! | PaGaLGuY.com - India's biggest website for MBA in India, International MBA, CAT, XAT, SNAP, MAT

Or jump straight to the results - PaGaLGuY B-school Rankings 2012

You can also compare rankings between different schools - PaGaLGuY B-school Rankings 2012

How the rankings were created - PaGaLGuY B-school Rankings 2012

Some columns related to the rankings - PaGaLGuY B-school Rankings 2012

Regards,
Apurv

Thanks Apurv for starting this thread.

My comments on GIM :

1. The PG Rankings are more of perception based.

2. Lot of New IIM's.

3. My Personal Belief : We did not deserve a Rank of 40 while other colleges which are at par with us are ranked much higher. Naming them would be against PG Rules.

4. The most important point where GIM is lacking is VISIBILITY.

5. We are working on it and we will work on it and I am very sure that if this tempo continues, the day is not far when we will get the rank we deserve.

6. For Ranking, check the reality of these factors : Placement, Infrastructure, RoI, Faculty, Culture.

P.S : Don't take your decision on selecting college purely on the basis of PG Rankings. Check whether your needs are sattisfied or not in the college you are joining.

SIIB, SIBM-B and SIMS much better than MFC, LBSIM and DSE?? I hope that this list is not sponsored by any institution.

I should say PagalGuy must incorporate some other criteria. It's been almost 4 years since PG has been doing this ranking. Let's see some improvements next year by incorporating more tangible parameters. I think PagalGuy is the single most dedicated website towards disseminating information related to MBA education. So why not take it a notch higher. There is no harm in growing.

I am not the supporter of particular institute, rather I would say my pitch is for good of everyone. I don't think there is any other website so comprehensively laden with so much information about virtually any college. When colleges are closing down, and number of admissions are dwindling; PagalGuy must take it forward - the cause for which it started off.

None of the Surveys can provide a good result because it lacks one MOST IMPORTANT factor which is the area in which one wants to build a career.

Apart from this there is one more point i would like to mention.
We need to understand that now there are more good colleges in India than what we had 5 years ago. So its no more top 15/20 targets colleges anymore there are many others which are equally good.

No offence but ranking doesn't seem to be correct.. How can IMT GZB be better than IIT DELHI?

SIIB Pune and SIBM Bangalore cannot be more preferred than IIM Ranchi, Raipur, Rohtak and Udaipur.

No offence, but my views : Symbi colleges are over ranked... Even new IIM's are.. They need time.. Their 1st batch has not even passed out.. Then how can they be better..

Maybe next year, along with all the existing categories, PG can also publish objective data-based groupings (if not rankings) for colleges. Because one major side-effect of the perception-based methodology is that since there are a lot of ppl who solely depend on PG while choosing a bschool, the general aspirant might end up leaving a better college for a more hyped one. And beyond the top-20 i honestly dont believe these rankings have much meaning. So releasing objective data would at least help clear some air. Moreover, as is the case with perception, there have been NO changes in the top 20 since 2008 other than the exclusion of XIMB and the inclusion of MICA instead (that too, only this yr). So this means that the PG top 20 list has remained unchanged for the last 5 yrs, and this is where a data-based system may help.

I know that comparing colleges on PG is not allowed. But I do like to raise my concern about the ranking of JBIMS over 2 IIMs where there is no 100% summer placement and also poor final placement.

Strange that SP Jain and NITIE have been ranked after another good B school of Mumbai.....

I feel DMS,IIT delhi doesn deserve such a lowly rank ..21.. ROI, Infrastucture , and placements.. Its jus below SJMSOM

I am not entirely satisfied with rankings..How is SJMSOM above SPJIMR,MDI,NITIE...And what made SPJIMR come out of top-10??? Can't quite understand.. And wasn't it ABC,Xl,FMS as top-5?? (ACB too if not an issue) leaving ISB out as for work-ex criteria.. it might fit in after ABC.. And rating IIM Ranchi,Rohtak,Raipur bewlow TAPMI and rest is a bit harsh.. They surely deserve better rankings than what they have... After all whatever we might say about them it is IIM Brand!!

P.S- Though against PG rules but this a thread meant for rankings that is have mentioned names of colleges explicitly...

respected mods and admins !! first of all would like to thank you for making an effort initiating B school rankings. But, in my opinion this effort will not help the fellow aspirants as this is perception based ranking not facts based. Would suggest to make this approach more pragmatic by taking various factors into account. I hope this is taken as constructive feedback.
Thanks once again !! :)

It's time for PG b-school rankings to evolve so tht aspirants dont look up at TIME/CL/IMS but rather turn up here.

Okay, I have gone through the results and I am disappointed. Disappointed because it is on PG. People quote stuff that they have heard on PG as true facts even in the Interviews and GDs for admission into B-Schools. I think it is time that PG stopped doing these perception stuff like some petty magazines do to increase their circulation... social responsibility and all that management jargon you know !

In my opinion there needs to be a complete re-shuffle of the list. ISB which is consistently ranked as one of the top 10 Management institutes in the world is at 7th place in that list, which I think, to put it mildly, is a flaw. This ranking on PG is misleading. Out of the people checking this list, a vast majority (surely more than half) will never read the methodology or understand that it is perception based or even what is a perception based ranking. That way, this list will do more harm than good to the public.

I request that PG put up a disclaimer and a much bigger and visible note that these are just the views of general public and not ranks based on facts and figures on the page leading to the list and on the page displaying the ranks.

Who am I ? I am just another aspirant who has done his homework about the institutes based on placements, fees, location, company profiles, transparency of the mandatory disclosure, faculty and above all the feel and vibe of the college in the industry and among the students. I made my own criteria and asked around for more than an year. I suggest everyone to do that about the colleges they want to join. Please dont go on any of the rankings at all, there is a big chance that you will end up in a place you dont want to end up at.

PS : What you read above, if you read it, are my views on B-School Rankings on the whole including rankings by magazines (which many of the HR guys in the industries laughed at) and even by the coaching classes.

cricaddict Says
I am not entirely satisfied with rankings..How is SJMSOM above SPJIMR,MDI,NITIE...And what made SPJIMR come out of top-10??? Can't quite understand.. And wasn't it ABC,Xl,FMS as top-5?? (ACB too if not an issue) leaving ISB out as for work-ex criteria.. it might fit in after ABC.. And rating IIM Ranchi,Rohtak,Raipur bewlow TAPMI and rest is a bit harsh.. They surely deserve better rankings than what they have... After all whatever we might say about them it is IIM Brand!!P.S- Though against PG rules but this a thread meant for rankings that is have mentioned names of colleges explicitly...

SJMSOM, SPJIMR, NITIE, MDI etc are in one league so it doesnt matter which one one get higher rank than other as long as there is not much difference in their ranking. (it is just like ABC or ACB doesnt matter much). One might score over other depending on what factor you are considering.

New IIMs (specially IIMS) and Few other colleges are far below than what they deserve.

This is bound to happen though with this kind of survey, PG has to come up with a better way of doing the exercise.

Hi,
With no disrespect i find the ranking after 9 top a bit bizzare. How can IIFT> JBIMS,SPJIMR and MDI..considering the present placements of IIFT. Also how IMT-G in top 20 and b-schools like IIMS and XIMB are out of it. I dont find the ranking relevant after top 9.

P.S : Personal opinion.

sruhi Says
No offence but ranking doesn't seem to be correct.. How can IMT GZB be better than IIT DELHI?

In my view, the reason for this is that only engineers can apply to IIT's.

That is why IIT Roorkee is not even in top 50 despite having better placements than most of the top 50 colleges.

in this ranking most of the participants are like we people who r aspiring for MBA.We have an outer idea about colleges but what is going actually inside the college we do not know.we r voting on the basis of what we have heard about these colleges...........so i think this makes pagalguy ranking not so much authentic.....................

My Take on PG 2012 Rankings !!
First of all , congratulations to PG Team for all they have done to ensure quality results.
I called this ranking a " A real Output for Indian Bschool "
To start with , I have following interpretation about how the perception build up :
1. I assumed three Major respondents :

1. Aspiring Candidates
  2. B-School Students
  3. Alumni or MBA who were the part of certain Bschool

Here 4,874 respondent have work ex and I assumed that they made the quality voting.

In my view , aspiring candidates develop their perception from different sources mainly from next two. Bschool students who are the part of some institute is highly attached with their institute and hence many time fail to asses changing environment(Peer Bschools performance). Alumni who is the real output of institute used to develop his/her perception while working in corporate because they knew what is the real value addition of their Bschool. Later, they give real feedback (Truth of Institute) to both aspiring candidate and B-school Students.

2. ROI:
Candidates look for better ROI and hence made their perception .
Rank 18,33,40 or so called deserving institute are failed to asses how their increasing batch size and fee are effecting respondents perception.(No offense)
PS : No intent to hurt anyone feeling. Current students knew how placements are related with batch size.

3. New IIM's : Is IIM tag enough ?
Their is lot of debate over why new IIM's have ranked so low. In my view just go back to third respondent ( Alumni/MBA's). Can you see the numbers ? New IIM's will get better ranking in upcoming year provided with alumni network. Like people are criticizing Why JBMIMS ranked so high. To answer this, First check the JBMIMS legacy. Most of corporate houses are headed by JB Alumni.

PagalGuy Ranking just based upon perception of respondents about different Bschool . Apurv , himself wrote to consider other means while evaluating Bschool .
Hope , PG Team will continue their good work :)
PS:

1. This is my personal opinion as PG user. I do not represent institute opinion anywhere in public domain
  2. Any criticism , suggestion are welcomed through PM. Else Like/Groan is sufficient.

CheerzZZ !!