XLRI GMP Prospective Students 2011

*XLRI **GMP BATCH **WELCOMES PROSPECTIVE STUDENTS* *XLRI* *GMP* Batch of 2010-2011 welcomes all the prospective MBA students in this forum. We truly understand that decision to quit your current job and become a student at this stage of...
Follow this discussion to get notified of latest updates.
Page 2 of 171   
To all the new GMP 2011-12 students -
I wish you all the very best. Happy Learning. Do let me know if you have any queries.

Thanks,
Doublehelix
XLRI GMP 08-09.

Hi Doublehelix,

I have heard (and I personally see some merit in believing that way) that rather than expecting a career turnaround the moment after you pass out, a better way to evaluate a(ny) 1-year executive MBA is to evaluate the career trajectory after a couple of years.

Since you are into your 3rd year post the degree, what is your personal experience and opinion? Do tell.

To all the new GMP 2011-12 students -
I wish you all the very best. Happy Learning. Do let me know if you have any queries.

Thanks,
Doublehelix
XLRI GMP 08-09.

• 1 Like  
Admissions 2015 @ Great Lakes

PGPM 2015-16

1 Year Fast Track MBA Program for experienced professionals. 

App. Deadline (Cycle 2): 24 Jan. 2015

PGDM 2015-17

2 Year MBA program for graduates with 0-2 years of experience. 

Learn More

Global Faculty and internationally benchmarked curriculum

Accredited by AMBA, UK (PGPM & PGXPM Programs)

Ranked 7th by Outlook & Business Today in One Year MBA Programs (2014)

Ranked 10th by Business India in Top B-Schools (2014)

Avg. CTC of INR 11.43 Lakhs p.a. for PGPM 2013-14 &

Avg. CTC of INR 8.07 Lakhs p.a. for PGDM 2012-14

Know More
Hello everyone,

I'm Rajiv Arora from New Delhi.

Would want to know the credibility of Certificate in Enterpreneurship Management Business course.

Is it really helpful in running an enterpreneurship venture.

Do let me know at ********* if anyone is aware of this course.

Thanks.

Rajiv - Welcome to PG.

Please do not post your email id on the forums. Against the rules.

Regards
Tanveer

Hello everyone,

I'm Rajiv Arora from New Delhi.

Would want to know the credibility of Certificate in Enterpreneurship Management Business course.

Is it really helpful in running an enterpreneurship venture.

Do let me know at rajivarora21@gmail.com if anyone is aware of this course.

Thanks.

Hi Parveen, Congrts.. INSEAD would definitely be a life changing Exp. I am having 6 yrs of experiece in sales. planning to appear CAT and Gmat as well. Could you please give some tips regarding prep and essays

Actually managerial does not mean strictly managerial and thus you need not worry at all.
I was myself selected in XLRI's GMP program in 2009, and in the subsequent Yahoo Group of selecteds we had more than 50% students whose experience had nothing to do with the work of a manager.

Hello Puys,

I got confused with the "Managerial Experience" phrase. What is that supposed to mean here? I have 5 years of work exp. in IT and am currently with the Deutsch ERP Giant. I have never held any "managerial" position in my career. Would that make me unsuitable? confused

Regards,
Shakul.
Hello Puys,

I got confused with the "Managerial Experience" phrase. What is that supposed to mean here? I have 5 years of work exp. in IT and am currently with the Deutsch ERP Giant. I have never held any "managerial" position in my career. Would that make me unsuitable? confused

Regards,
Shakul.

That's okay, 5 years of exp is fine; not necessarily as managerial role.

Hello Puys,

Regards,
Shakul.

Hi Gmpians,

I have one query, is it compulsory to take xat for admissions in gmp course ...can I apply through gmat score even if Im in india at the time of xat exam since dont have any plan for appearing in xat ...also what was this year minimum and madin gmat score ...

Yes you can apply through GMAT.

Hi Gmpians,

I have one query, is it compulsory to take xat for admissions in gmp course ...can I apply through gmat score even if Im in india at the time of xat exam since dont have any plan for appearing in xat ...also what was this year minimum and madin gmat score ...

subhangkarbanik Says
you can switch but chances r into ITmarketing and not anything else

The news is GMP 2011 batch has been fully placed and this year the number of career switch is encouraginly higher in this batch.
No, its not possible to convert Delhi number to Jharkhand number.
Official Attendence : I think it was 75%. You will need to check with respective professor(as per seniors)
I am not very sure about the breaks, but i think we will have 1 week break after each term. You will not look a nutcase if u bring ur winter clothings as people coming from far places would bring it with them.

You can put ur questions on FB group to have more response : Log In | Facebook

Congrats to new converts

no breaks generally. after first term 3-4 days gap may be there. Attendance required is 75%. Before any leave take permission of Dean Acads and also the classes of profs you will be missing. Less than 75% grade drop.Bring your winter clothings as you might nit get a chance again. Also if you go for internationl immersion in a cold country u will be gone then.
Hi guys

Does anyone know if it is possible to do a career switch after 8 yrs of IT experience from XLRI GMP program?? Switch to marketing

Thanks
V

you can switch but chances r into ITmarketing and not anything else

not sure about PMIR .. I got this information from a fellow GMPian who has already reached Jampot..

viyer8 Says
single occupancy and alphabetical allocation.. .

for pmir and gmp both ?

Follow This Discussion

When you follow a discussion, you receive notifications about new posts and comments. You can unfollow a discussion anytime, or turn off notifications for it.

279 people follow this discussion.