SHOW
MORE DISCUSSIONS ABOUT XLRI, Jamshedpur

XLRI GMP Prospective Students 2011

*XLRI **GMP BATCH **WELCOMES PROSPECTIVE STUDENTS* *XLRI* *GMP* Batch of 2010-2011 welcomes all the prospective MBA students in this forum. We truly understand that decision to quit your current job and become a student at this stage of...
Hello Everyone

I have recently been admitted to the GMP program at XLRI and had some questions. I would greatly appreciate if someone (alumni ?) can answer these for me.

1. I understand that XLRI is a premier business school and the 2 MBA program is very well regarded but does the GMP program also enjoy the same reputation in the industry?

2. How was been your experience with the placements. I have a very strong entrepreneurial background in addition to working as a marketing manager in Canada for 3 years. I found it quite difficult to find relevant job opportunities in India as I did not have industry experience. I currently have a job offer and also have the offer to join the program and I am trying to evaluate my options . Did you find that it was relatively easy to be placed on campus, especially for people who were entrepreneurs or were trying to change their industry.

3. Also how strong is the Alumni network? Is the network common for the school or do both programs have separate networking events

Thank you so much for all your help

Regards

Hi Gurus ,

I am 6 years IT experianced guy metallurgical engg . I have a 3 years abroad experiance. Is this program for me ?

thx

International Management Institute, New Delhi

IMI-Delhi, ranked 9th by Business Today Survey 2014 and accredited with prestigious AMBA, SAQs and NBA, among various other accreditations; is inviting applications for PGDM, PGDHRM and PGDM-B&I for 2015-17 Batch.

Apply Now

Know more about Admissions 2015.

Download Now!
hey can u pls brief me on the quotas at XLRI, am looking for a quota for TATA employee wards. its 5% i heard bt couldnt confirm.can u pls provide d reqd link and ans
y
cetkings Says
it was around 92%tile

This cut-off was for BM or PMIR courses and not for GMP. cut-off for GMP was not revealed.
  • 2 Likes  
Could you please let me know sectional cut-off as well?

cetkings Says
it was around 92%tile
suneel_17 Says
Can anyone let me know last year's XAT cut-off score for GMP Pgm?

it was around 92%tile
  • 2 Likes  
What is the cut-off score for XAT in order to receive a call for GMP course?
Can anyone let me know last year's XAT cut-off score for GMP Pgm?
Hi

Can you give out the range of GMAT scores of selected candidates this year.

Thanks...

GMAT Scores are in range 650 to 760.
There should be good profile i.e. a good combination of quality work-ex with good GMAT/XAT score.
Please put your queries on this year's thread at:
http://www.pagalguy.com/forum/intern...ml#post2809356

Regards,
GMP 11-12
  • 1 Like  
anotherPG Says
That's okay, 5 years of exp is fine; not necessarily as managerial role.

Hi

Can you give out the range of GMAT scores of selected candidates this year.

Thanks...
For all the prospective GMP students for batch 2012-13, we have started a new thread at:
http://www.pagalguy.com/forum/international-indian-mba-schools-accepting/68612-xlri-gmp-class-2013-aspirants.html#post2809356

Please feel free to post ur queries there.

Regards,
GMP 2011-12 batch
  • 1 Like  
Hi guys

Does anyone know if it is possible to do a career switch after 8 yrs of IT experience from XLRI GMP program?? Switch to marketing

Thanks
V

Hi Vineet,
Yes people have moved to both sales as well as marketing after GMP.

People has got in Account Management, Engagement Mgmt, and pre-sales jobs, if not right after the program then a couple of years after that.

Hope this helps.
Hi Doublehelix,

I have heard (and I personally see some merit in believing that way) that rather than expecting a career turnaround the moment after you pass out, a better way to evaluate a(ny) 1-year executive MBA is to evaluate the career trajectory after a couple of years.

Since you are into your 3rd year post the degree, what is your personal experience and opinion? Do tell.

Very good point and I am glad that you are showing a lot of maturity. Most often than not, people join these 1 year program and expect a drastic career transition after the completion of the program. This is not always possible (though i have seen that happening at times). But as you have mentioned correctly, one should have a long term view of things and then evaluate a program, after all a lot of money, time and effort go into this.
Hope this helps.

Follow This Discussion

When you follow a discussion, you receive notifications about new posts and comments. You can unfollow a discussion anytime, or turn off notifications for it.

279 people follow this discussion.