Free Question Bank – PaGaLGuY's Prepathon

Includes Daily Quizzes, GK updates and Mock Tests!
For CAT, IBPS, SSC-CGL and more!

XLRI GMP Prospective Students 2010

*XLRI**GMP BATCH 09-10** WELCOMES PROSPECTIVE STUDENTS* *XLRI* GMP Batch of 09-10 welcomes all the prospective MBA students in this forum. We truly understand that decision to quit your current job and become a student at this stage ...
Follow this discussion to get notified of latest updates.
Page 93 of 186   
lux123 Says
see i have seen the XAT paper this time, rather I would suggest you to take the experience of GMAT kind of pressure , temperament, stamina, 4.5 hours it is really hell down under,moreover you are taking the exam on the computer which further makes life hell, whereas xat is nowhere near to GMAT in toughness, to get 700 or 700+ is actually a big deal no joke dude, whereas in xat if you are lucky to choose some easy ones you are through you can move back and forth in exams like xat, this kind of liberty is not there in gmat.. also if you dont attempt any question you are penalized heavily..... these reasons are sufficient enough to prove gmat tougher over xat or whatever

I guess lets stop discussing GMAT Vs XAT. XLRI is considering both scores for GMP , means they must have some criteria followed for it. Like GMAT marking and scoring scheme is totally different from XAT and u can choose exam date for GMAT as per ur preference whole year...

Any comptetion exam is not simple. You have to refine your skills required for exam which you left 5 years back .. so lets ignite the spirit to get into GMP mode rather than comparing these exams like school boys.. any guy who can clear either XAT or GMAT ..can clear other of them for sure in 1-2 months preparation..they were not sleeping for last 5 professional experience + education...

Lets wait for result.. if we all PG members meet in GMP then it ll never be XAT vs GMAT batch .. : ... so lets wait for result and keep forum safe fro these useless discussions coz if adcom has to select any guy they ll do ,dey ll not see PG forum 4 it ..hehe.....

ATB to all guys ... i think by 25th march 10 result ll come as it came previous years..
No offence meant however I would suggest you to please go through the Qs this year they have put in XAT exam!!! Just have a look !!!

FYI, XAT being one of the exam where they have variable negative marking .... Its not fixed .... The more you mark Incorrect answer, more marks would be deducted !!! Isn't this similar to GMAT pattern (Probably the way around)!!! Also, there are 5 options and not 4 that makes tougher than usual !!!

Also, for GMAT score, XLRI have probably called up the guys having score 640-650 minimum (m not sure tough but based on previous years pattern I have put the fact) .... And for XAT score ... they have called up guys having 70-75 %le ...
Doesn't it mean ... for XLRI ... around 640-650 GMAT score is equivalent to around 70-75 %le XAT???

And one thing I would like to mention ... XAT has maintained standard, considered to be the toughest exam for MBAs admission in India whereas for CAT, that has mostly been seen to produce SHOCK therefore there is no standard !!!

see i have seen the XAT paper this time, rather I would suggest you to take the experience of GMAT kind of pressure , temperament, stamina, 4.5 hours it is really hell down under,moreover you are taking the exam on the computer which further makes life hell, whereas xat is nowhere near to GMAT in toughness, to get 700 or 700+ is actually a big deal no joke dude, whereas in xat if you are lucky to choose some easy ones you are through you can move back and forth in exams like xat, this kind of liberty is not there in gmat.. also if you dont attempt any question you are penalized heavily..... these reasons are sufficient enough to prove gmat tougher over xat or whatever
  • 1 Like  
gmat_terminator Says
I? dats cruel ...should have been WE

Which I to be replaced with we ? :oops:

gawwd pls get us thru ... soon
hehehe

and if i get selected i ll pay for the party :drinking:

I? dats cruel ...should have been WE

Guys and gals( if any- cant see on threads yet :)

Lets us all be a little more mature and stop fighting over GMAT and XAT. both are aptitude tests and XL knows how to judge candidates based on these. there can be no comparison as one is adaptive while another is not.
Let us better ask some useful questions :)

Here are my questions if anyone can address:

1. Can students get consulting projects- to consult startups or some corporates during the MBA ? I know this is 1 yr prog- but see Lancaster MBA in UK is also 1 yr and it has 3 consulting projects- so do we have something on similar lines ?

2. There is international immersion,right ? I wanted to know that is the immersion:-
a) more focussed on helping a company in solving some problem OR
b) more focussed towards seminars/lectures/etc and nothing to do with consulting as i mentioned in a)

3. One area of concentration in XLRI is Entrepreneurship. So:
a) Do XLRI provides seed funding from it's own funds ?
b) Do you bring in Angel investors/ VCs if someone plans to come up with workable b-idea ?
c) how far is the entrepreneurship cell active and how good is the incubation facility ?

4. Do you have b-plan simulation games OR dummy stock market terminals on which fake money can be used and you can see how your actions would result in ? or something like you can have role-plays and put you in stimulation environment etc ?- just like Pilots are trained a lot in simulation flights before they go flying And like Astronomers are put into 0 gravity simulation environments before they actually go into space

Thanks.
Ankit

hehehe

yeah buddy pls do tht

i am even willing to pay for ur call

and if i get selected i ll pay for the party :drinking:

y'day it was ISB vs. IIMs
today its GMAT vs. XAT

i guess tomoro it ll be Deccan Chargers vs. Chennai Super Kings discussion

Adcom guys !! plz release the results before things go haywire in this thread :drinking:

Let me try to call up tomorrow...who knows I might be 2nd time lucky... and results might be declared next day...lol

y'day it was ISB vs. IIMs
today its GMAT vs. XAT

i guess tomoro it ll be Deccan Chargers vs. Chennai Super Kings discussion

Adcom guys !! plz release the results before things go haywire in this thread :drinking:

• 1 Like  
lads,
Did XLRI conduct any GMP interviews outside India? Do non-india based candidates have to come over for an interview?

Nopes..XlRI did not agree to conduct interview outside India. I myself was outside when I received the interview email.....

Some ppl had to fly down while others just ditched it....

cheers
Shine12
Thank you very much!! I got chased by them as well - emails and emails and then finally a call today for an interview with some adcom member!

No offence meant, but by the looks of it, this seemed like the **** (the institute run by the pony-tailed guy) of the West world!

He who must not be named!!

Follow This Discussion

When you follow a discussion, you receive notifications about new posts and comments. You can unfollow a discussion anytime, or turn off notifications for it.

232 people follow this discussion.