XLRI GMP Prospective Students 2010

*XLRI**GMP BATCH 09-10** WELCOMES PROSPECTIVE STUDENTS* *XLRI* GMP Batch of 09-10 welcomes all the prospective MBA students in this forum. We truly understand that decision to quit your current job and become a student at this stage ...
Follow this discussion to get notified of latest updates.
Page 93 of 124   

Thanks Saurabh!! I will try calling them up.

GMP Seniors, do you suggest any alternative for my predicament?

TIA

You can try calling Admin office tomorrw.. That is your only chance..

Wish you all the best..

One Year PGPM @ Great Lakes

Post Graduate Program in Management (PGPM)

- 1 Year Fast Track MBA Program

- Accredited by AMBA, UK

- Ranked 7th by Outlook & Business Today in 2014

- Avg. CTC of INR 11.43 Lakhs in 2014

App. Deadline: 30 November, 2014

Learn More

10+ Global Associations with Leading Schools/ Universities

25+ International Visiting Faculty from Stanford, Yale, Kellogg, etc.

50+ National Level Prizes Won by Students in 2013-14

100+ Industry Leaders on Campus in 2013-14

3000+ Alumni Network spread over 28 Countries

Know More

I got my interview letter today and that's how I came to know about the assessment examination that needed to be taken by or before 15th Feb 2010. I tried to take the assessment examination today by logging onto the URL Questionnaire for XLRI's Programmes, but the reply I got on the site was that the due date is already past.

My interview is scheduled for 7th March in Jamshedpur.

Could you please let me know if there is any way I can take the assessment examination now?

Thanks in advance,

Anupam

who all from chandigarh/delhi got a call for xlri-gmp ?
lets prepare together puys ..

Hi Folks,
Add me in i/v meet for XLRI GMP, Based in Gurgaon we can catch-up for healthy discussion in Delhi.

Waiting to meet you all !!

Rgds.
Buz_dreams Says
Any updates on interview for people abroad ?

This is worrying. Any news about our our of country brothers?
http://adabass.blogspot.com

Anyone in Pune - lets catch up.

• 1 Like  
http://adabass.blogspot.com

Mine is also 9th March,delhi , Morning ..lets catch up if u wish . I am in chandigarh

Congratulations to people on getting the interview call....

(Disclaimer: All the information given below, are based on my personal experiences. I am not a GMP student... So if some students find it wrong, please correct me....)

1) Last year I believe 500-600 people were called for interview, but selection was 100 with around 50-60 waitlist.
Because of the recession, many people didn't take up the course and waitlist movement went till around 47 or something. But 2 years ago things were different. Waitlist movement was around 12-18.
2) Results were declared in april first week and for the first set of people who got calls, the time was given till april 30 for first installment. All people who were on waitlist also had to pay some amount, which would be reimbursed, if can't get an admit..... Also need not worry about loans as the SBI branch in XLRI, will give scholar loans(special scheme in SBI) for students who have admits in XLRI... basically at a lesser interest rate..
However, people who got admits in subsequent movement of waitlist were given less time
3) Regarding people who are abroad and interviews for them, you can contact adcom. Last year also, initially it was mentioned that people abroad have to come to India for interview. Then many people spoke to adcom and finally decision was taken to have interview in the US. Interview was held in loyola college in chicago. 2 years ago, for foreign students telephonic interview was conducted. But from last year telephonic interviews are not done.
4) Regarding interview experiences, I think there is thread about last years experiences, people can refer that. Basically be ready for anything, speak confidently and don't talk about things you haven't done. They are very good at finding that out ;). Be good with your work experience and be prepared to talk about abstract topics.

All the best to everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 4 Likes  

Hi,

This is what I could infer from the process. I may be wrong because details like (how many candidates were called for interview) are not shared

What is the selection ratio? I am not sure, but should be around 5:1 or 4:1
How many candidates were called for the interviews for GMP? 400-500
When was the result declared? March last week or April First week
What was the last candidate's waiting list who got admitted? 25-30
After final call, how many days are given to a candidate for Fees Payment? 2months approx

Please refer to blogpost of my friend and class mate Anshuman's Blog: My MBA Admissions journey,

Regards,
Thanks
Sanjeev Reddy
GMP Class of 2010,XLRI,Jamshedpur
Landline-0657-3982659
Cell-91-9973763379
Sanjeev Reddy - LinkedIn
Colloborative Blog: XLRI GMP Class of 2010 Collaborative Blog

i will survive Says
Hello Seniors .... Your reply is much awaited !!!
  • 7 Likes  

Hi..

I am also from B'lore, I am ready for aal sort of support and discussion...

-Sharad

Hello Seniors...

Could you please let us know the statistics for last year selection process... Like...

What is the selection ratio?
How many candidates were called for the interviews for GMP?
When was the result declared?
What was the last candidate's waiting list who got admitted?
After final call, how many days are given to a candidate for Fees Payment?

Please, it will definitely help us getting get in through !!!

Hello Seniors .... Your reply is much awaited !!!

Hi All,
you people are doing good work here. Though participating in Mocks will be tough 4 me, but I would like to participate in online discussions regarding GMP interview. Mine is on 9th March , Delhi.

Hi Guys,

Got my interview letter at last... its on the 6th of March 5:00pm (looks like the last slot).... Everybody from bangalore taking the i/v lets catch up some weekend and discuss......

Hi,

You can PM me. 2 of us are there. If any Bangalore junta wants to meet up and discuss please feel free to PM.

Hi Guys,

Got my interview letter at last... its on the 6th of March 5:00pm (looks like the last slot).... Everybody from bangalore taking the i/v lets catch up some weekend and discuss......

Follow This Discussion

When you follow a discussion, you receive notifications about new posts and comments. You can unfollow a discussion anytime, or turn off notifications for it.

232 people follow this discussion.