XLRI GMP Prospective Students 2010

*XLRI**GMP BATCH 09-10** WELCOMES PROSPECTIVE STUDENTS* *XLRI* GMP Batch of 09-10 welcomes all the prospective MBA students in this forum. We truly understand that decision to quit your current job and become a student at this stage ...
Follow this discussion to get notified of latest updates.
Page 2 of 124   

hi all,

XLRI GMP classes are said to start by June 12 and yet the admissions are continueing ?:-( why did they keep all these matter so lagging? i am stll in the waiting list and have anybody heard about any movements after the waiting list 46?

regards,
vas

Cant we talk directly to chairperson of Adcom....if u can arrange his no. I guess we can clarify things with him..

IMT Open Admissions for 2015

Kellogg India, L'Oreal India, Thomas Cook, Citibank etc. among the top recruiters.

Informed Decisions today leads to Promised Future tomorrow.

Take Your Call Now

Know More About Us!

Download Now

I am fully agreed with you RK28. As in Adcom should let us know what is the latest situation. But here one catch is - the people whom we call are not the auth. people who can update us on latest they are like posters of movies... and real movie is in the hands of adcom chairperson and other senior staff... therefore we are not updated.

Well i called up nad dat guy told me so, moreover there have been 2 guys who have withdrawn their admission offer and you can find their mails at the google admit group. I wonder how adcom guys are giving contradicting statements. Atleast we have every right to know whts happening ?

Hi RaMakant

I did not get any call yet. As posted previously as well, the lady told me last week that everyone till WL 46 has deposited the money.

Personally, I dont think at this stage, anybody would let go of 3.93 lacs AND a school with a reputation that XLRI enjoys.

Hi RK28 ... where did you get this information from dear? I called up the same PO lite guy and he said that there is no further movement of WL after 46 yet .............. and they will wait till 12 of JUNE now............how generous they are they will wait till some one does nt enter the classtroom and then they will return the DD. Also this guy said less are the chances that somebody will drop out now as all have paid a big chunk of the fees. I dont know who is saying what.
Buy i love to see WL movement further........ all the best to all of us dear.

Hi RK28 ... where did you get this information from dear? I called up the same PO lite guy and he said that there is no further movement of WL after 46 yet .............. and they will wait till 12 of JUNE now............how generous they are they will wait till some one does nt enter the classtroom and then they will return the DD. Also this guy said less are the chances that somebody will drop out now as all have paid a big chunk of the fees. I dont know who is saying what.
Buy i love to see WL movement further........ all the best to all of us dear.

Best of luck Ramakant!! Mine is 57 but I have well and truly given up. I wonder if these people really expect us to manage such a large sum in a matter of three days.

Hey Nuttyvarun and Siddhu, did u guys get offer...because I am at 53 and when I called today, the polite guy said that I am close and will get call if selected !!!!!

Hi guys,

I am a Chartered Accountant presently with 4 years of post qualification experience.

Just a couple of queries:

What kind of roles are presently available to Chartered Accountants?

If someone from the present batch share- How many Chartered Accountants are in the present Batch?

BTW my profile,

Decent Academics
Average Extracurriculars
4 years of post qualification experience (+3 years as trainee)
No international experience
Yet to take GMAT
Presently working in a NBFC (Micro Finance Institution as Finance Head)

Dear Vijay,

Thank you so much for staring this thread, I am Abhinav Sud and am looking forward to this program next year, My profile is as follows

Details
X (DPS RKP) : 91% (CBSE)
XII (DPS RKP) : 94% (CBSE commerce)
BCom (SRCC) : University 3rd
Cleared CA in 2003 (2nd attempt)& CFA in 2007 (1st attempt)
GMAT : 730 (6)
Extra curricular : Strong
1) Represented Delhi University in Several Debates, Won
at NLS, IIT-d and FMS
2) Was part of a band and performed several times in the
GIR - Great Indian Rock Show
Exp :
Working with a top multinantional IT company as Manager-Finance.
I have around 9 years of experience in Corporate Finance.

Reason For MBA
I am Looking to getting into consulting companies at a Senior Consultant/ Principal consultant role and don't want to do an MBA for any other reason

Queries
1) Is my profile good enough for XLRI GMP or is there something I must
improve/add ?

2) Do consulting companies like Mckinsey, BCG, Delliot, KPMG and E&Y; hire GMP participants from campus ? Which other companies come ? And
what are the exact roles that they offer ?

3) If i get through this program will my dream of joining a top-consulting
firm come true?

Thanks & Regards,
- Abhinav

Hi Vijay,
Thanks for your kind words. But last year total intake was left 97 only which was 23 short to 120. This year the intake has already been 120 and no drop outs now as far as Adcom confirmed. I am told to wait till 10th June then they will return DD. I dont understand in that case how i can come after giving 2 days notice to my employer and also RL is required otherwise you will not be entitled for placements. So in any case this can not be possible .....yah one thing if XL has a work around for this then probably we guys can think and that too depending upon call. Well I tried calling people in XL today but from Delhi the phone was not getting connected somehow. So not sure when they will display final list.

Guys,

I don't think that the total no of admits will move beyond 120 (there are logistics and other issues involved which you would be in a position to appriciate once u join XL)...but, be positive abt WL movement ...last year ppl got confirmation by 2nd week of june as well......so hope for the best....

those of you who are going to join GMP....be ready for an amazing year....it is a great learning platform. Do utilize your time well and I am sure that all of you would get whatever you ever wanted from an MBA degree and a world-class institute.

Regards
Vijay Tiwary
GMP Alum 09-10

See if the intake will be increased then probably they will start with new batch as of now 120 is the last confirmed intake. But you never know when can this be increased yar. Anyways guys these are the last days of this thread. Better luck next time. If all 46 people have submitted their approval and fees then why they are not sendin the DD back to us thats interesting. and also they say plse wait untill June 10 so is there something going on at the intake front but in that case no one willbe able to join as no company will leave candidates just like that and they can join the course. and Relieving letter is required otherwise you are not auth. to participate in placements.

Hmmm.. does anyone knows the exact intake this year for GMP?
well.. I read it @ 2 difference place that the intake in GMP last year was 11 more than declared number..

@Sidhu69.. dont feel bad man.. I am WL#47, and in current scenario I am WL#1 ..it's like, "haath mein aaya par mooh na lagay" for me.. but then life hai, hota hai..

Well yes, i did talk to the lady. and like always she was not willing to disclose how much the WL had moved, and the chances of people still waiting. So i talked to her a bit sternly and told that i am answerable in my office and wud need some time for preparation etc.

Then she told me that who-so-ever has been offered seat till WL 46 HAS made the payment already. So there are bleak chances of any further clearances, unless someone decides to forfeit his/her installment of 3.93 lacs.

So puys, i fear its pretty much the end of road for us. Better luck next time. I, for sure, am NOT going to apply in Indian schools next year. Thoroughly disappointed with the management that management schools ought to teach us. And, of course high competetion due to over population ! :splat:

higmat Says
hi sidhu69 did you get any email from ADCOM.............. i had a word with them today and they say no further Wl clearence for GMP. Since you are closest to last mark so asking you. They told me that till 10 June they will retain our DD of 30K and then will return to non selected people.I asked them how people will arrange other things for course .............. this lady was clueless and disconnected the phone. God only can give us direction here...........

Follow This Discussion

When you follow a discussion, you receive notifications about new posts and comments. You can unfollow a discussion anytime, or turn off notifications for it.

232 people follow this discussion.