XIMB PGDM-HRM GDPI Shortlist 2012- 2014

XIMB GDPI shortlist for PGDM HRM batch 2012-1014 has been declared. It can be accessed here GDPI Shortlist 2012-2014. Cut Offs *CAT * QA VALR Total 80 85 87 *XAT* QA EL DM Total 50 55 50 87 This is the offic...
Follow this discussion to get notified of latest updates.
Page 2 of 10   
Ewwreka Says
Can u plz let me know if any govt/PSU organizations recruit from XIMB for HR profiles? for your batch summers or ur seniors final placements ? also provide us with the org. name

Yes few PSU's came for both summers(HR) and finals. Org names wont be revealed. But they are one of the Big ones in their own sectors.

RogerUnderwrite Says
I guess the GD-PIs of XIM B were going on simultaneously in various cities, so am assuming that they must be over by now. When can we expect the result then.

Though GD/PIs are still going,as per the information from Admin, they ll declare the results by april 1st week.
  • 3 Likes  

I guess the GD-PIs of XIM B were going on simultaneously in various cities, so am assuming that they must be over by now. When can we expect the result then.

One Year PGPM @ Great Lakes

Post Graduate Program in Management (PGPM)

- 1 Year Fast Track MBA Program

- Accredited by AMBA, UK

- Ranked 7th by Outlook & Business Today in 2014

- Avg. CTC of INR 11.43 Lakhs in 2014

App. Deadline: 30 November, 2014

Learn More

10+ Global Associations with Leading Schools/ Universities

25+ International Visiting Faculty from Stanford, Yale, Kellogg, etc.

50+ National Level Prizes Won by Students in 2013-14

100+ Industry Leaders on Campus in 2013-14

3000+ Alumni Network spread over 28 Countries

Know More

I don't know the source of your information. But actually the situation is exactly opposite,there were less IT companies that visited us for Summers in HR area. This time there is good mix of companies from Pharma/manufacturing/general mngt and consultancy sectors. I myself having IT workex got summers in manufacturing sector. (By the way your perception might change as IT companies offer very lucrative profiles for HR in final placements)

As per college rules,we are not allowed to disclose any summer placement info. But i can say one thing that summers have been very good and for your batch it ll be much better because of the very less batch size and as everyone knows the forte of XIMB is HR.

Can u plz let me know if any govt/PSU organizations recruit from XIMB for HR profiles? for your batch summers or ur seniors final placements ? also provide us with the org. name

Any idea about wen the results are gonna be out??

• 1 Like  
Thanks Abhilash for your instant reply. The answer to the first query comes as a relief.

However going by your post on the first page itself and on the XIMB website, there has been no concrete Summer placement report for your batch of HR. In fact, all the companies are mentioned on the XIMB internship report are shown on the BM page and none on the HR page. That is what has created a doubt in my mind.

Please, in any context, do not consider my views to malign the course or the institute or the companies visiting the campus, but I have heard that most of the summer placements for XIMB-HR were in IT companies only.

It would a huge help if you mention some companies for HR with figures, if that is possible for you.

Most of the companies mentioned in the BM page recruited from HRM as well. Thats y there isn't any other special page for that. Yeah, HRM placement page needs to be updated.

I don't know the source of your information. But actually the situation is exactly opposite,there were less IT companies that visited us for Summers in HR area. This time there is good mix of companies from Pharma/manufacturing/general mngt and consultancy sectors. I myself having IT workex got summers in manufacturing sector. (By the way your perception might change as IT companies offer very lucrative profiles for HR in final placements)

As per college rules,we are not allowed to disclose any summer placement info. But i can say one thing that summers have been very good and for your batch it ll be much better because of the very less batch size and as everyone knows the forte of XIMB is HR.
  • 2 Likes  
Hi,

Firstly, from your batch onwards people who are in BM cant take HR as either minors or majors. Secondly, BM people are not allowed to sit for HRM Placements. So,HR profiles are offered to only HRM candidates. However general management profiles might be opened for both.

Though ours is the first batch, summers went pretty well. For more details just refer to my post on first page and subsequent posts in further pages posted by my friends.

If you have an inclination towards HR,then the decision becomes easier for you.

ATB

Thanks Abhilash for your instant reply. The answer to the first query comes as a relief.

However going by your post on the first page itself and on the XIMB website, there has been no concrete Summer placement report for your batch of HR. In fact, all the companies are mentioned on the XIMB internship report are shown on the BM page and none on the HR page. That is what has created a doubt in my mind.

Please, in any context, do not consider my views to malign the course or the institute or the companies visiting the campus, but I have heard that most of the summer placements for XIMB-HR were in IT companies only.

It would a huge help if you mention some companies for HR with figures, if that is possible for you.
Hi seniors.
I have some doubts about XIMB-HR.
Firstly, XIMB provides a general BM degree and a HRM degree. Now suppose a person from BM opts for optionals with a major focus on HR, wouldn't he/she will be given preference in placements, since XIMB-BM was the flagship course a year ago. Now if this would be true then it would hamper the prospects of the HRM students.
This doubt arises because XLRI-BM students are not allowed to take their majors in HRM, although they might end up getting placed in HR.

Secondly, I see that HR has been been introduced last year only so no placements would have taken place, but I would still appreciate a discussion on the HR summer placements.

I, with due respect, rate XIMB as a premier institute, but as a working professional I have look from all aspects.

Please consider these as my genuine doubts.
I have both BM and HRM calls and have an interest in HR.

Hi,

Firstly, from your batch onwards people who are in BM cant take HR as either minors or majors. Secondly, BM people are not allowed to sit for HRM Placements. So,HR profiles are offered to only HRM candidates. However general management profiles might be opened for both.

Though ours is the first batch, summers went pretty well. For more details just refer to my post on first page and subsequent posts in further pages posted by my friends.

If you have an inclination towards HR,then the decision becomes easier for you.

ATB
  • 1 Like  

Hi seniors.
I have some doubts about XIMB-HR.
Firstly, XIMB provides a general BM degree and a HRM degree. Now suppose a person from BM opts for optionals with a major focus on HR, wouldn't he/she will be given preference in placements, since XIMB-BM was the flagship course a year ago. Now if this would be true then it would hamper the prospects of the HRM students.
This doubt arises because XLRI-BM students are not allowed to take their majors in HRM, although they might end up getting placed in HR.

Secondly, I see that HR has been been introduced last year only so no placements would have taken place, but I would still appreciate a discussion on the HR summer placements.

I, with due respect, rate XIMB as a premier institute, but as a working professional I have look from all aspects.

Please consider these as my genuine doubts.
I have both BM and HRM calls and have an interest in HR.

hi all,

please tell us about what will be test on gd pi day.....GD, PI, ESSAY-WRITING, EXTEMPORE, any other test..????

please reply soon...

Thanks in advance..

subscribing

richansh0802 Says
Can anyone please post last year GD PI experiences thread for PGDM course!!

http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/ximb-hrm-gdpi-experiences-2011-25066902

Can anyone please post last year GD PI experiences thread for PGDM course!!

NMIMS MBA Core

hows mount carmel hostel?

Would request puys who have had their interview to start posting their experiences. Thanks a ton

Follow This Discussion

When you follow a discussion, you receive notifications about new posts and comments. You can unfollow a discussion anytime, or turn off notifications for it.

61 people follow this discussion.