SHOW

Will the Pagal go Political? - Be an Authority on your National Insanity.

• Created by @j0
This thread is just a feeler being put out to gauge the kind of stands the numerous people here on PG have as far as politics and the general social climate goes. If you do take the trouble to answer this little questionnaire below sincerely, we...
Hi ,
this seems hugely outta topic (thread)...just wondering if still dere is still a Protest @ IIMs thread alive...ccoud'nt find ne...

Is the protest on or has it met its fate.....?
Commenting on this post has been disabled.
@ Neo ... no, this fizzled out quite some time back.
Great Lakes Admissions 2015

Post Graduate Program in Management (PGPM 2015-2016)

One year fast track management program for candidates with minimum 2 years of experience.

Admissions are also open for PGDM 2015-17

Learn More

10+ Global Associations with Leading Schools/ Universities

25+ International Visiting Faculty from Stanford, Yale, Kellogg, etc.

50+ National Level Prizes Won by Students in 2013-14

100+ Industry Leaders on Campus in 2013-14

3000+ Alumni Network spread over 28 Countries

Know More
Been 4 years since this thread was started...any progress so far?

*not trying to sound sarcastic/sardonic*
politics in India has its own quirks like there was this anti-sivaji site on Orkut , there a huge furor in mumbai and the mumbai police got the IP adresses of the community owners aand members and arrested them, there is an absolute lack of free speech in our country , the government can ban anything at its whim and u hav so many acts which make a mockery of democracy assam armed forces act , defense act chattishgarh.Anyways i m anarchist and beleive all big govts are equally bad , as a normal citizen in negligible in these big units.

its gr8 thread bt again questions arise of what to do?

it is truly said "small deed is much greater than tons of noblest

thought"

now if we want to make a change what can we do?

here r something dat even personaly i m trying to do and get a fair

amount of success and more importantly satisfaction

1 do not throw garbage on road if there is no dustbin keep in pocket

or ask hawker to arrange for dustbin

2 in holidays or sunday go out to slums and teach children something

share dreams and encourage them to see big dreams

3 if any one throw garbage on road than do point out that and ask

politely and urge them not to repeat that

4 whenever traffic police catch u not settle for less some ask d

reciept and pay full fine

5 try to avoid spitting on d road and urge ur friend to do same

this are small things bt has gr8 importance

" whn i see how gr8 outcomes comes from small things

i tempted to think there are no small things "

Whats ironic is the fact that this thread has gone for 13 pages about the benefits of voting but the very same did not exercise thier vote in the pg award thead ..just 'blocked' it ? -.-

Raghav... just turn what you said on its head and you will get a clear insight into where people's priorities truly lie.
Whats ironic is the fact that this thread has gone for 13 pages about the benefits of voting but the very same did not exercise thier vote in the pg award thead ..just 'blocked ' it ? -.-
As posted by Nikhil aka Nikhilkulk on AugustFury:

The anti-reservation protests continue in Pune, after the success of the rally held on Sunday 14th May

The schedule for the rallies this sunday is as follows. There will be two routes for the rallies as follows:

1. Beginning at SNDT College, Kothrud Pune at 4.00 pm concluding at JM Road, Pune.
2. Beginning at B J Medical College, MG Road, Sahdu Vaswani Chowk, Pune also at 4.00 pm. Concluding at JM Road, Pune.

The rally is being conducted under the banner of "Youth for Equality".
The rally is being organized by Active members of Rotaract Club, Pune and the Students and staff of College Of Engineering , Pune.

It is likely that more than 500 people from various fields, students, professionals, parents and concerned citizens would be joining. So if you too feel that its time to move ahead from the usual board room discussions, then here is your chance

Also there is one more rally on Sunday. Its from University circle to Corporation circle beginning at 10 AM. Though I dont have much details of this rally, as to who are the organisers of the rally. So lets get out and support these iniatitives.

PS: My personal expereience of the rally held on Sunday 14th May coming up soon.
Jo, will search for the relevant news coverage on TV right away. Thanks for the directions to your post.
Heya Amar:)

Great to have some veterans back here.

Mumbai had some protests on 2nd May. If you want to get in touch with them this site might be useful.
http://www.mumbaiyouth.blogspot.com/

The following is the original YFE blog for those interested.

http://youthforequality.blogspot.com/
Hi all,

Sorry for the long silence from my end.

Thanks for the info, Jo and for the interview with Ipsita. Will surely watch the news coverage in the evenings.

And i suppose there was protest in my hometown pune too. Shall seek the details.

Please do let me know if there is any similar kinda action happening in Mumbai.

Regards,
Amar
Hrmm how I hoped that it was a server overload problem, but apparently it isn't.
Chalo 12 hours of praying that when the servers are up AF, is still the AF we knew and loved :(

No updates on Delhi, our lady is too busy to talk for more than a minute on the phone.
Alrite,for once, the culmination justifies the hype. And the students in delhi are voting with their feet,no less. One only hopes that the IIT's and the IIM's come out clean on it so that the message of the collective consciousness of the student community is loud and clear.

P.S : Yea, Augustfury server is down;But boy that tells a happy story of its own:) . Some proof that, if at all needed, that we are up and about.
Ranjitha, its big time on the TV now. Whatever I could catch in the lunchbreak as follows.

Times Now seems to be giving it more air-time than NDTV and CNN-IBN.

The students are marching on to the Parliament. Last I saw them they were barricading roads near India Gate and running towards Rajpath.

It is actually a protest on the run, developing from sit-ins on the roads on CP, march to India Gate and a race all the way to Parliament.
The police got back to water-cannoning and tear-gassing the crowd. Apparently one teargas shell hit a student right on the head. So yes it is out of control.

One demand being made very clear is that government break its silence on the issue.

Seeing these people actually running towards Parliament while explaining their stand to the media literally got me out of my seat. Hell even I got pumped.
To think that I was having a general chat with Ipshita about their plans when she told me somethings happening, I got to go. And then this!

Switch on your TVs!

ps: Of all the things that could possibly happen today, AugustFury's server went down. I can only hope its a request overload.
In anycase I'm a little too excited to care.

I would request those who have access to a television, to scan through the news channels and update this thread with what is happening. Right now I'm pretty much writing this blind.

Hmm, none of the channels are running this story as important yet, just a small mention so far. NDTV's reporter says the protests have gone out of control in some parts. Some protesters have been stopped, watergassed. Traffic jams in CP, and protesters on the side of the India gate are being teargassed.

Follow This Discussion

When you follow a discussion, you receive notifications about new posts and comments. You can unfollow a discussion anytime, or turn off notifications for it.

73 people follow this discussion.