SHOW

where to find gazetted officer?

nmims has done a pretty smart thing by outsourcing their headache to us! we have to get the photograph on the admit card attested by a gazetted officer. can somebody tell me where to find one in south bombay?!?!? full contact info wud be great!... Read More »
hey,PGs
tho' i checked this thread but 'm still confused if a bank manager ( of a nationalized bank) is a gazzetted officer ...
nd if he is so... then would he be easily approachable?
can i go to the principal of DPS,noida?

Here is the list of gazatted officers:

- Govt officials- Post master, Defence personals, govt Doctors etc

- Notary

- Principal of College/School

- Branch manager of Nationalised manager.

Please avoid reviving old dead threads, you can continue on the respective exam/college thread.
  • 8 Likes  
Commenting on this post has been disabled.
hey,PGs
tho' i checked this thread but 'm still confused if a bank manager ( of a nationalized bank) is a gazzetted officer ...
nd if he is so... then would he be easily approachable?
can i go to the principal of DPS,noida?
International Management Institute, New Delhi

IMI-Delhi, ranked 9th by Business Today Survey 2014 and accredited with prestigious AMBA, SAQs and NBA, among various other accreditations; is inviting applications for PGDM, PGDHRM and PGDM-B&I for 2015-17 Batch.

Apply Now

Know more about Admissions 2015.

Download Now!
wow! lots of gk related to the gazette and gazetted officers on this thread!!

but guys the main thing here is to get the stupid admit card attested and not to get PhD in gazette and its officers.

i did get my nm card attested by a bank manager(god bless that person who posted this info!). and i think it would be better if information pertaining to the attestation of various admit cards like nmims , fms etc is provided rather than a debate on first class officers blah blah.
  • 2 Likes  
Phooka Says
go to a court and you'll find scores of gazetted officers. And of course, profs in college can do it too

Yup..I went to a similar person to get my FMS and NMIMS forms/Hall ticket attested...But that chap was a notary!! Is that fine??
  • 1 Like  
go to a court and you'll find scores of gazetted officers. And of course, profs in college can do it too
  • 1 Like  
He IS of age 2 ....wanna meet him ....

Ketan
PS: Couldnt resist spamming

Heeeee!! Heeeeeeeee!! Well dear, that actually means, he's been on PG for the past two years, I suppose, don't tell me that he's a toddler, crying in his mummy's lap, and moderating us superbrat PGites!!! HEeeeeee! Heeeeeeeeeeeee!!
srikrishnan Says
UrMad ur age is shown as 2.

He IS of age 2 ....wanna meet him ....

edited: Dont want this thread to become "urMad: Whats your real age?" thread . Scorpio, urMad has been on this forum for more than two years..... BTW this was discussed somewhere on the forum...cant find out where... anyway lets keep the thread to gazetted officers

Ketan
PS: Couldnt resist spamming
Well, I know for certain that Principals of govt. schools and colleges are gazetted authorities. Dont know about the class 1 part though. I got mine signed by a principal of a govt. school.

PS: Touched 600 posts. Yipee. and UrMad ur age is shown as 2.
  • 1 Like  
I guess he meant the fact that only officers including and upwards of class-1 are considered gazzetted officers. Even if its a central Govt undertaking, not everyone is gazzetted :)

Cheers
|| Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity ||
vaguefunda Says
i got my photo attested for the FMS form and as far as i know it jus said gazetted officer... NOT class-1 gazetted officer....

Dear, leaving aside FMS form, I have yet to come across a single form in my entire life where it is explicitly mentioned that attestation has to be done by "first-class' gazetted officer. I hope you are getting my meaning. 'First-class' refers to an officer in a high position/holding office of authority'. You don't mean to say that you can get the form attested by a clerical staff member? Talk to you parents, your father, who has practical experience of an entire lifetime, and you will get my meaning.
hellllooo!!!

nationalised bank managers ARE gazetted officers. My dad has been in SBI for 30 yrs now and he was and is one.
PS: go for a nationalised bank person...newbies,MNCs wnt work.

Err...I dont think so...Nationalised banks were created by a special act. The employees do not come under the gazette....And yea, by employees, i mean everyone manager upwards to the MD It usually happens that in some appln forms, they *tend* to accept the verification of a bank manager. But yea, if it is for a Govt application form that you need the attestation for, then find an officer who is in the gazzette.... :)

Cheers
  • 1 Like  
|| Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity ||
i got my photo attested for the FMS form and as far as i know it jus said gazetted officer... NOT class-1 gazetted officer....
i got my photograph signed yesterday.. i knew absolutely no one here... but there are some government offices nearby.... so i went to the post office first but got to know tht they r nt gazetted officers.... spotted a PWD office in the same bldg.... went to one of the engineers...... had taken my PAN card along for identification... and he signed it - there was no excuse for him nt signing it... so dont get bugged... jus approach ne govt officer with ur photo id.... even if he is nt gazetted he will surely guide u to one ..

and AFAIK, lawyers or doctors wud also do... but nt sure....

ATB
  • 1 Like  
hellllooo!!!

nationalised bank managers ARE gazetted officers. My dad has been in SBI for 30 yrs now and he was and is one.

Yep I guess you are right.... but managers of ONLY NATIONALISED BANKS are gazetted officers.....

Ketan
  • 2 Likes  
Hehe....afaik, bank employees are not gazetted officers. For that you will have to go to some central govt establishments like the revenue dept or CSIR labs or your friendly neighborhood police mamu

Cheers

hellllooo!!!

• 2 Likes  

Follow This Discussion

When you follow a discussion, you receive notifications about new posts and comments. You can unfollow a discussion anytime, or turn off notifications for it.

14 people follow this discussion.