About this discussion

Last updated

Author
@flyingkolours

Tags

What's the reason behind that odd username???

for timepass....there are lots of usernames on PG which are really weird(like t2s or trep or names like sambar and all :: ) i guess there'll be some pretty interesting reasons behind them :: so what are they???and what is the significance...
Follow this discussion to get notified of latest updates.
Page 6 of 42   

Azzurri is the Italian plural form of azzurro, light blue...one of my favourite colours....which also happens to be the Italian Monarch's royal family color.. i just didnt know the spelling to it...so azuri was born...!! i am also registered as azuri in all the MBA forums available..!! simple as that

• 5 Likes  
Sasanka Pritom Bhuyan | Class of '14 | Symbiosis Institute of Operations Management, Nashik

When I got my first leather-ball bat in std 8th, 'the slagenzer' is what was written on its sticker. And I really loved that bat.

So the user name - theslagenzer, which is my first ever email id.

And I agree what cricaddict said. I never knew such a thread would exist!!

• 9 Likes  
One Year PGPM @ Great Lakes

Post Graduate Program in Management (PGPM)

- 1 Year Fast Track MBA Program

- Accredited by AMBA, UK

- Ranked 7th by Outlook & Business Today in 2014

- Avg. CTC of INR 11.43 Lakhs in 2014

App. Deadline: 30 November, 2014

Learn More

10+ Global Associations with Leading Schools/ Universities

25+ International Visiting Faculty from Stanford, Yale, Kellogg, etc.

50+ National Level Prizes Won by Students in 2013-14

100+ Industry Leaders on Campus in 2013-14

3000+ Alumni Network spread over 28 Countries

Know More

Well my username is pretty obvious - 'Cricket' + 'Addiction' = cricaddict

I absolutely love the game and everything about it.. It has taught me so many things in life, right from how to enjoy success to not lose hope when down, to aim at sustained success and many more..

P.S - I never knew even this kinda thread can exist.. And to see it crossing 50 pages is even more fantastic.. Underlines the fact PGites are simply awesome!

• 2 Likes  
SPJIMR PGDM Finance Class of 2014 | CAT'11 - 99.04%le | http://www.pagalguy.com/forums/life-at-b-schools/bschool-student-profiles-t-1090/p-15377/r-3591991

I am using my friend's account
i am banned on pagalguy
my user id was nitrjswcoke
that means NIT Rourkela
working in jsw steel ltd.
and my job in coke oven
weird naaaa...

• 3 Likes  
Ritesh Kumar Jha MBA 2012-14 DSM, DTU(FORMERLY DCE)

Ijjat because it not a matter of self respect to get into a premier B school, but to intend to do what I actually want to!

• 2 Likes  

Well, this user name was actually the first emailid created by me. it consists of my bdate and my nickname. banu comes from my surname Banerjee. a friend of mine cut it short to banu on the very first week of our school hostel in class 5. and from then on the world around me knows as banu.

now i use this id only for PG. official id has changed. but i still love this id.

• 3 Likes  
On a road less travelled, you'll find what you've been looking for. Yourself.

I'm quite crazy for Rock Music. I admire the band Black Sabbath as one of the best in the history of Rock and Metal. So I took 'sabbath' and the no 666 signifies the devil's no or The Number Of The Beast as Iron Maiden says, another band I love. thts the reason of my username. Peace. \m/

• 5 Likes  
the lunatic is on the 'grass' :P

My username is a combination of two things that i love- Physics and technology.
So torq symbolises torque in physics and tech is for technology.

• 4 Likes  
Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies.| IIM Indore 2013-2015 

i love my h T c mobile

• 4 Likes  

well
mine is pretty obvious reason,,
killer rage for MBA..
so here it is.. kolavarimba..
sweet

• 7 Likes  
oh man oh man! everyone is having his valid reason! what should I write now.? ok I tell u honestly..

:oops:At that time i was using aircel pocket internet and it was damn slow and i was very NEW to PG, kuch samajh nahi arha tha..kya padu aur kya chodu.. :banghead:
OK, so i was reading other puys posts about VA, LR and All other preparations thing, I saw a puy had a same story, so I got really excited to scribble there mine, but I wasn't signed up at that moment, I just made an account in damn hurry, stroked my nick name, and what I see is there are so many Sunny with almost every alphabet and numbers stitched,forward and backward, I was already rushed with my adrenaline LOL and my net ohhmy!!
I just then,okay like every social network, lemme jus make my id and post my thing,later I will make it sensible and interesting like others do.
Unfortunately,PG doesn't facilitate it. So, here it is. Sunny989189, my half written old cellphone number. LOLOLOL
Sorry
  • 5 Likes  

lol.. so may awesome reasons
My reason- I was being cat like with CAT preparations
(okay, it was actually first thing that struck my mind )

4 is my

• 5 Likes  

One day I decided to register myself on this amazing site. I sat down and tried a number of innovative names none of which were available here. Like anyone who when sees his creation has already been created by someone else, I was frustated and in this frustation these golden words came out "Kya bhasad hai ye", thus the name BHASAD.....the word truely has since represented my MBA journey. Each result has made me say.." kya bhasad hai ye".....

• 2 Likes  

Times change...
Nuthing so mysterious about it...just that i was at a place during my vacations where dur dur tak kuch nahi tha and i roamed and roamed alone pura dur dur tak(thoh it was fun till a point)...once during that time i found this site online and hoped that it will change my time and it really did...many unseen friends it gave...:)and so the status felt justified to me den and now also.....

• 1 Like  

Well...its Son India simple :clap:

• 2 Likes  

Follow This Discussion

When you follow a discussion, you receive notifications about new posts and comments. You can unfollow a discussion anytime, or turn off notifications for it.

493 people follow this discussion.