About this discussion

Last updated

Author
Rohit Awasthi @estranged_gnrs

Tags

What PaGaLGuY.com means to you! Contest Over - The thread lives on...

Ok... we are 1,00,000 :: That calls for some celebration and lot of feedback and more crazier things. So this is how the contest goes, 1> You have to tell us, "*What PaGaLGuY.com means to you and how it has made a difference in your ...
Follow this discussion to get notified of latest updates.
Page 6 of 9   

*bump*
this thread was in the second page...
arey Mahip bhai.. why don't you make this one a sticky.. at least until 10th feb when this contest ends???

Please end the contest already...
Give the tee to whoever u want...
So that the mods etc etc start coming here and typing something!!!
the best thread of this section is kinda going down!!!

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but gnrs has informed me that the last date has been extended to Feb 10th
  • 4 Likes  
Admissions 2015 @ Great Lakes

PGPM 2015-16

1 Year Fast Track MBA Program for experienced professionals. 

App. Deadline (Cycle 2): 24 Jan. 2015

PGDM 2015-17

2 Year MBA program for graduates with 0-2 years of experience. 

Learn More

Global Faculty and internationally benchmarked curriculum

Accredited by AMBA, UK (PGPM & PGXPM Programs)

Ranked 7th by Outlook & Business Today in One Year MBA Programs (2014)

Ranked 10th by Business India in Top B-Schools (2014)

Avg. CTC of INR 11.43 Lakhs p.a. for PGPM 2013-14 &

Avg. CTC of INR 8.07 Lakhs p.a. for PGDM 2012-14

Know More

Aah well
Seeing so many complaints...thought I would drop in ...
Hmmm...let's see when did it all start....
Yep it was in November 2004, just before the actual CAT, that I visited the site having heard of it from a friend. I registered and started surfing, getting familiarised with the forum (Back then there was no Mahip to guide me through ;)). anyways then the CAt happeend, which was a disaster and I never did open PG after that.
Fast forward to 2005. Again I was just a silent observer, posting my mock scores now and then. (Incidentally i thought PG couldn't mean more than that). Then the blitzkrieg happened in November and there, I disappeared from PG once again.
Circa 2006, i think it was in June, me thought what the heck and I started posting in PG to pass the time and the forum just took hold of me and I couldn't let go It was some sort of addiction, something better than the books, vodka and sutta (Okay okay that's some exaggeration but I had to bring out something good ) . I even think there was a direct correlation between my flurry of posts and my flurry of good scores in the mocks .
This is the place where I met the greats (I am not gonna name them, as they are sure gonna deny it vehemnetly :)). This is the place where I realised that ppl could help each other out without cutting the other's throat. This is the place where I realised a "chaat" junior could actually turn out to be a good friend (Again no names please ). This is the place where I met a fellow rocking mallu (BTW mallus rule \m/ \m/ ). This is the place where one could talk about just about anything. This is the place where one could get out of his/her depression quick. Okay I could go on and on and on but I believe in keeping it short and sweet

I would like to end with just to words
PAGALGUY ROCKS!!!!

Mridul

• 18 Likes  
And how can you forget our own Mr Aspire..He can write well and i know Pagalguy is a part of him..And i know if he begins to write he will write sumthing this thread deserves..So Mr Shailesh ,Cmon we want sumthing from you..Where are you?Dont come to this thread just for giving thanks..

Cheers..

Please end the contest already...
Give the tee to whoever u want...
So that the mods etc etc start coming here and typing something!!!
the best thread of this section is kinda going down!!!
  • 1 Like  
I got introduced to pagalguy around two years back and since then logging on to it has become a way of life for meThrough all these days it has come to mean a lot of things some of which are:
1)A Hitchhikers guide to the MBA worldit contains more info about the MBA scene in India than any other website and I am sure about it
2)A real time live diary of results releases,latest updates on the MBA scene like announcements,changes in info etc etc
3)A great MBA lounge where all the MBA aspirants and students can interact,share info,voice their opinions no holds barred
4)A place where spamming,bad mouthing and other pollutants are fiercely kept out and the atmosphere is totally clean
5)An awesome place to vent out ones frustrations and joys for who can understand the dejection and the highs and lows of an MBA aspirants life than we puyzens
6)A great learning place for all from other peoples experiences and mistakes which I think is the greatest value addition to anybodys preparation
7)The best place to have issues solved whether they are quant doubts or application related issues which our been there done that pagal junta in B-schools are more than keen to solve
A place where one can be himself or herself totally and sometimes more than thatJ
9)A place where guys interact with gals without making a pass every second
10)Summing up its the coolest place there is in cyberse and moereover its open 24/7 and best of all its free for all..It has been said that The best things in life are freepagalguy vindicates that..

Way to go pg junta.v guys rockJkeep it up admins and modsgreat stuff
  • 11 Likes  
Ahem.....We know that they are mods of this thread, and the esteemed judges. We know they won't get a T-Shirt for their efforts. We know that they can write excellently. And we KNOW that they WILL, on this thread!!

And who are THEY??
No prizes for guessing. I am not gonna tell U that it is Bugsbunny, Baby and Nikhilkulk!!

And how can you forget our own Mr Aspire..He can write well and i know Pagalguy is a part of him..And i know if he begins to write he will write sumthing this thread deserves..So Mr Shailesh ,Cmon we want sumthing from you..Where are you?Dont come to this thread just for giving thanks..

Cheers..
Hey smiling Tears...

If PG was to offer Rs 1 for every user on PG to me..Still that would not equal or even come close to What i feel for PG..(looks contradictory..considering i am doin MBA and in a No income category now..but then if money could buy everything..)...
PG is such a comfort zone for me as well as every oyher puy..just imagine how difficult it is to approach a person and try to be friends with him/her in real world..And how easy it becomes here..U are friends wid anyone so easily..Its so Relaxing out here..
And i dont want no T shirt...If i get it it will be a plus ofcourse but do u really think that people are here for Tshirts..I dont think so..
And as Bugsbunny,constantine ec told there are other reasons why people are not coming to post on this thread..rather than the contest tag..Its not as easy to express what you feel for everyone..
Hence PagalGuy is equally dear to all of us and in the same way each of us is equally dear to Pagalguy..

Cheers to the PG spirit..

Ahem.....We know that they are mods of this thread, and the esteemed judges. We know they won't get a T-Shirt for their efforts. We know that they can write excellently. And we KNOW that they WILL, on this thread!!

And who are THEY??
No prizes for guessing. I am not gonna tell U that it is Bugsbunny, Baby and Nikhilkulk!!
  • 4 Likes  

Hey smiling Tears...

If PG was to offer Rs 1 for every user on PG to me..Still that would not equal or even come close to What i feel for PG..(looks contradictory..considering i am doin MBA and in a No income category now..but then if money could buy everything..)...
PG is such a comfort zone for me as well as every oyher puy..just imagine how difficult it is to approach a person and try to be friends with him/her in real world..And how easy it becomes here..U are friends wid anyone so easily..Its so Relaxing out here..
And i dont want no T shirt...If i get it it will be a plus ofcourse but do u really think that people are here for Tshirts..I dont think so..
And as Bugsbunny,constantine ec told there are other reasons why people are not coming to post on this thread..rather than the contest tag..Its not as easy to express what you feel for everyone..
Hence PagalGuy is equally dear to all of us and in the same way each of us is equally dear to Pagalguy..

Cheers to the PG spirit..

• 4 Likes  
Nope..That's not so..
I guess,it's because of the "contest" tag attached to it.. :|

No matter how many posts come up..how many different words come up..Everything zeroes into one thing..PG is to us -- a part of life..The reasons that bring us here might be different for every puy..but,once one is here..We are all a family..It means a lot to us..n "contestising" this meaning..was just not a good idea..Who'll want to put their feelings to judgement?

Had this thread been started on the occasion of PG reaching the one lakh mark..just to congratulate PG,to celebrate n to pour out our feelings..the response might have been different.. Pouring your feelings out is a different thing..n putting it on display for being judged n awarded is different..This objectivity takes away the essence..essence of the sentiments..essence of the thread..

What does it mean if someone wins the contest?Does it mean that one particular puy loves PG more than the rest 1 lakh users?Does it imply that PG means the most to just one particular user?

PG might mean a lot to someone..but if he's not able to express his feelings in a beautiful,touching n powerful post..does that mean,PG means any less to him than the one who wins?Just because he doesn't have a way with words n can't write a lovely post..does that mean,he's not worthy of any prize?

Look at the previous posts..Why don't we have thanks on each n every post..?
It takes courage to actually sit down n pour your feelings out in open..All of them reflect so much warmth,respect n love for PG..then,why thank only some of them?On what grounds are we deciding here which post is worth of "thanks" n which is not?Do the plain 3 line posts have no value?Do the feelings need to be many paragraphs long n have a good face value in order to be appreciated?Isnt it just so..unfair??

We seriously do not need any incentives to appreciate PG..;)it must have been clear to the reverend Judges by now

Remove the contest,n I'll be one of the first ones to put up my 3 page chronicle of what PG means to me..;) (edited n summarised,of course :p)

Excuse me....

I beg to differ..

Just an example....My post on PG was made the same very day the alleged 'CONTEST' was opened up, and I made it a point to express my feelings. It was NO contest for me, and I made that explicit in my post.

In fact, I think I just mentioned it...N other pagals did it in-explicitly. No-one is here for a CONTEST, as Bugs said. We are here, coz PG is a family. And we are in the family, coz we want to.

Telling what Ur family means to you, does NOT deserve an award...Being a part of the family is an award in itself.

The old pagals realize that. An example, Chuck_gopal already has 2 PG tees, still he wrote on this thread. Why?? (People may say...for the Third Tee, but that's not how mean he is). He posted coz he felt like doing so. And see the no. of thanks on his post, and U will realize that he was open with his heart and his feelings for PG.

It has been labelled a contest just coz there should be SOME excitement in it, that's all ! Hope more ppl post on it soon. It was really heartening to know what ppl feel. Old pagals like TP, HAHAHAA, Shrutz, Anubhav, AWR, Vinz, Paybacktime n all will be missed on this thread!!

PS: I know I am disrespecting the rule of not posting twice on this thread. But cud'nt refrain from posting. Moreover, me not a contestant anywayz
  • 9 Likes  

Lots of Gyaan

Namaskar Auntyjee

No This thread is not about winning a TEE. Its not about judging your writing skills. Its not about competing with anyone. The TEE is just a part of the celebrations of PG reaching 100000 members. So many people on this thread have already made it clear in their posts that they don't care about winning prizes here. The thread is just about providing a outlet to people who always wanted to say something about PG but did not find a proper outlet for it. Yes the response has been far less than what was expected of, but to put down the sole reason of the poor response because of it being a "contest" is very unfair. Lets just try and list down some reasons which I feel may be responsible for the not-so-good response:
1) Plain Laziness -> Will do it later, Last date ko abhi time hain
2) Just not able to put the emotions in words -> It happens so many times. Doesn't it? We go on talking and talking about non-sensical subjects, but when it comes to talking about something very close to our hearts, words fail us
3) maybe as you mentioned not enough belief in their writing skills after seeing some of the long posts here

For the CAT 1 people -> Get going Soon
For CAT2 people -> Do try to write. Mayybe it will start flowing in when you put pen to paper or rather hands to keyboard
For CAT 3 people -> This ain't a writing contest. Just post whatever you feel like :D

And yes if someone indeed feels the way smilingtears does, please please there is no such thing as a competition or a judgement here. The TEE is a sone pe suhaga opportunity

As for why there are not equal thanks on each posts, well one of the reason being most of the times is the poster that is thanked rather than the posts. And after that, it just spreads. A thank you posts keeps on attracting thank yous and a groaned posts keeps on attracting groans. So no point in trying to see too much through it.

PS: I belong to CAT1 And will try to post in here today or by max tomorrow
PPS: Auntyjee -> hope to see your post here soon
  • 8 Likes  

Hi ,

I need to post my view today ....in any case .... have been procastrinating :wow: for a long time

regards

shailesh

Nope..That's not so..
I guess,it's because of the "contest" tag attached to it.. :|

Auntyji soch hi raha tha ki is thread pe entry kaise nahi maari. Now lemme offer my two cents on the points that you have raised. ;)
Tell me something, will the extent/depth of your feelings be diminished if I or for that matter anyone else were to pass a judgement that you just dont love PG enough. (By PG here I mean the forum of course pun unintended :-P )
The point behind this contest was not to breed a sense of rivalry/competition among the members. The contest was just an incentive for the relatively new members to post as well. (At least I thnk it was, gnrs can confirm this) This contest by no means judges the importance that you attach to PG. It is just an opportunity to let everyone pour their feelings and the person to be awarded the tee (I did not use the word winner cos there are none in this kaan-test) would simply be the one who was able to lucidly bring forth the points.
I assumed that the regulars would post on this thread disregarding the fact that there was a Tee to be won. I am not degrading the prize here but winning a Tee is not that big a deal is it?? You can always buy a PG Tee. If I remember correctly it doesnt cost that much but of course freebies never hurt :-P . But unfortunately my assumption turned out to be wrong. Either the regulars simply dont care enough or they are scared that they might lose which is equally bad cos the primary aim of this thread is not to win a Tee but just to let everyone know (even to the guests who dont feel the need to register what PG can and will give to the members)
If you feel that your feelings towards PG are gonna be judged, lemme reiterate, NO they are not.

P.S. I will post in my entry after the contest last date, which is a coupla days away.

-
Bugs
  • 7 Likes  
*bump* :
This thread was on the second page :wow:
Not many people want to let us know what PG means to them it seems :|

-
Bugs

Nope..That's not so..
I guess,it's because of the "contest" tag attached to it.. :

No matter how many posts come up..how many different words come up..Everything zeroes into one thing..PG is to us -- a part of life..The reasons that bring us here might be different for every puy..but,once one is here..We are all a family..It means a lot to us..n "contestising" this meaning..was just not a good idea..Who'll want to put their feelings to judgement?

Had this thread been started on the occasion of PG reaching the one lakh mark..just to congratulate PG,to celebrate n to pour out our feelings..the response might have been different.. Pouring your feelings out is a different thing..n putting it on display for being judged n awarded is different..This objectivity takes away the essence..essence of the sentiments..essence of the thread..

What does it mean if someone wins the contest?Does it mean that one particular puy loves PG more than the rest 1 lakh users?Does it imply that PG means the most to just one particular user?

PG might mean a lot to someone..but if he's not able to express his feelings in a beautiful,touching n powerful post..does that mean,PG means any less to him than the one who wins?Just because he doesn't have a way with words n can't write a lovely post..does that mean,he's not worthy of any prize?

Look at the previous posts..Why don't we have thanks on each n every post..?
It takes courage to actually sit down n pour your feelings out in open..All of them reflect so much warmth,respect n love for PG..then,why thank only some of them?On what grounds are we deciding here which post is worth of "thanks" n which is not?Do the plain 3 line posts have no value?Do the feelings need to be many paragraphs long n have a good face value in order to be appreciated?Isnt it just so..unfair??

We seriously do not need any incentives to appreciate PG..;)it must have been clear to the reverend Judges by now

Remove the contest,n I'll be one of the first ones to put up my 3 page chronicle of what PG means to me..;) (edited n summarised,of course :p)
  • 18 Likes  

I'm not a regular on pagalguy and no, I haven't made any friends here.
But, as allwin says it has truly restored my faith in humanity. Be it all the help simba used to offer before or that quant question a day thread i used to subscribe to, but seldom open, or the eco thread thats started recently, or just the numerous b-schooler that sit up late night to patiently answer queries, even the ones that have been answered a million times before.
Its one place where 'pay it forward' definitely works and that never fails to fill me with awe. Afterall, if we could replicate and scale up this model, utopia it would be, wouldn't it!
Cheers to each and every pagal thats made a useful contribution here.

• 8 Likes  

*bump* :
This thread was on the second page :wow:
Not many people want to let us know what PG means to them it seems :

-
Bugs

• 3 Likes  

Follow This Discussion

When you follow a discussion, you receive notifications about new posts and comments. You can unfollow a discussion anytime, or turn off notifications for it.

68 people follow this discussion.