About this discussion

Last updated

Author
Rohit Awasthi @estranged_gnrs

Tags

What PaGaLGuY.com means to you! Contest Over - The thread lives on...

Ok... we are 1,00,000 :: That calls for some celebration and lot of feedback and more crazier things. So this is how the contest goes, 1> You have to tell us, "*What PaGaLGuY.com means to you and how it has made a difference in your ...
Follow this discussion to get notified of latest updates.
Page 6 of 14   
An FPM call from IIMA at 12.50 pm and the news of my name in "what PG means to you" as one of the winners at 2.50 p.m.

It is quite a day for me.

@ prof_calc

I wud also like to learn calculus and eco from u if I happen to have enuf vastras to the liking of IIMA Profs..
An FPM call from IIMA at 12.50 pm and the news of my name in "what PG means to you" as one of the winners at 2.50 p.m.

If GOD blesses us to convert our calls, I would be happy to meet u at Vastrapur Sir...All the Best & thanks for being a role model, Iam proud of you Sir...
  • 5 Likes  
Success retained me as a boy, but failure(s) made me a man IIM Calcutta - Class of 2012

• 7 Likes  
Finally I have a proof to show my daughter (a future to be PUY) that I was a part of PG....Candidly speaking more than the TEE, its the feel of recognisation of my love towards PG & PUYS which is making me elated....This is the place which had made me to compete with others as well as pray for others..A brotherly feel, which we all have in common. Tomorrow if I get into IIMA, I dont need to think about starting relationships anew as so many of guys here will come there too. If not into IIMA also, I have gained so many friends here whom I can feel proud about through out my Life Time & say look " the CEO of so & so company is my friend, I prepared for MBA with him......"
If MBA is a team skill, I would vouch it by saying preparing for MBA is also a team work & PG made MBA preps look so easy amidst my busy schedule & gave me the confidence through so many people backing me up & giving me that extra energy to fight...A special thanks to PG for making me get introduced some future managers (Professional + Personal) & some good human beings like arun sahib, anarchy, Surya (the last d'anconia),Vijay317, prahalad85, mufasa, maxwriter, whoisit, harshadk, harsharocks, Billibolimeow, rosagulla, Krishanu, Carzyguy, coolbuddy, baby, the_constantine, MBAANKIT, amitnsitian, ranidas, ashishbanaya,reachbhargav,no_speed_limit, awr, bobbybond,vineetnitd, ashishyahoo, amrutesh666,Tin Tin & Snowy,jokingly yours, GOD2BE, Soham etc..(Sorry if I had missed out some names)...These characters like PG have become an integral part of my life..I dont need a reason today to call anyone of them as now more than having a common goal we are very good friends...These characters have built my morale & are still pushing me further for my next battle.....
After 7 years from college life, its a fresh set of friends whose name will ever remain in my mind & mobile..I take this chance to say that I love u & thank you all ..........
Though I do it indirectly now, still If Mahip says yes, I can join PG as a Marketing manager (hehehehe).....
All the Best for all the PUYS & a small request to all puys to stay alive in PG even after the call converts & dont forget PG after you get into IIMs or whereever it is..Because its purely relationship which keeps us as well as PG alive......My biggest take from PG more than MBA its human values which are valued here..Thanks for giving me that learning PG & Iam grateful to PG for such a nice experience in life.
  • 20 Likes  
Success retained me as a boy, but failure(s) made me a man IIM Calcutta - Class of 2012

I wish I could give the tee to each and every PG member ( I wish for the day we can ) , but right now we have our own constraints.

The order for tees has been given, and the delivery is expected around 5th March.I will request all the winners to PM me their postal address, just put the subject as "PagalTee"...

Abbey chinguz - lagta hai tu fake billing maarke tees ke saare paise Beer mein udaa dene waala hai

Peapuls - please watch out. Note that he cleverly says "PM me their postal address" so that he can eliminate all traces of auditing.

PGbhai - aap sun rahe ho ? Aapke desh mein kya anyaay ???

Arun
  • 1 Like  
India's fastest growing GMAT & GRE Test Prep Company:  http://crackverbal.com 
All Right ask all the people who have thanked posts in the thread to get over this diplomacy BS and answer whether they really thanked a post or the poster.

I don't know you tell me. This is a presumption on your part which is unproven. Please present me with some facts and not your perception

It is very well known that people most of the times thank the poster rather than a post sometimes even without reading the post sompletetely. So was this contest supposed to be *The most popular puy?* or *The most Respected Puy?* Why should a newcomer who has joined PG be left out of the contest just because he does not know enough people around here..

Again void without any substantial facts or arguments to prove otherwise. I wanted to start a debate on this but no one replied to my earlier post :neutral:

I completely agree with smilingtears now... This thread would have been better off without the contest tag. Or maybe it needed better judges - *The more experienced and credible ones* maybe....

2 wrongs do not make a right. If starting this thread as a contest was wrong - then ending it NOT as one is terrible.

And what is more frustrating is when no one wants to engage in a wholesome debate with me. I promise I will not get emotional and use words like "diplomatic BS"

There you go !! Nikhil bhai apne mile hain Mumbai mein - you know me. Mein personal aaj tak kabhi PG pe kuch liya nahee hoon. Toh apne is baat pe bhi load nahee lete. Aapne keh diya aur badde buzurgon ne (read as chinguz Estranged) ne keh diya mere liye sar aankhon pe. Kabhi daaru pilaana aur apne debate karenge. Lets close this matter for now

Cheers !!

Arun
  • 5 Likes  
India's fastest growing GMAT & GRE Test Prep Company:  http://crackverbal.com 
Hello Guys!!!

Everyone who has posted on the thread is a winner, so are the people who had things to say, but could not find the words to make a post, so are the lazy people like me who owe a lot to PG but procrastinated .

Cheers!!!

Rohit

Exactly...I also wanted to say a lot about PG... but somehow I couldn't :neutral: . I'll try later if I ever can.
  • 1 Like  

Hello Guys!!!

Congrats to all the guys. Well I saw the discussion here and the talk about measuring the dedication of PGites. Believe me, this will be the most stupidest of the things I will ever do on PG, because it will be an insult to all the people who have contributed on PaGaLGuY.com and their selfless efforts.

The idea behind this thread was to know and make new people aware how great a place PG is.And I realise my folly to name this as a contest.It wasnt meant to be.If few members felt bad , my apologies to them.

There is so much in our minds and hearts about PG, and it was beautiful to see Puys opening their hearts out and giving this community a different level of elation.

Everyone who has posted on the thread is a winner, so are the people who had things to say, but could not find the words to make a post, so are the lazy people like me who owe a lot to PG but procrastinated .

I wish I could give the tee to each and every PG member ( I wish for the day we can ) , but right now we have our own constraints.

The order for tees has been given, and the delivery is expected around 5th March.I will request all the winners to PM me their postal address, just put the subject as "PagalTee"...

And yes..judges will get the tees and so will be the volunteers who helped me and PG on CAT day...just let the tees come!!!

Cheers!!!

Rohit

• 8 Likes  
I am not an MBA, hence; I have to use my brains.

In alphabetical order:

anarchy
candybean$$$$
chuck_gopal
DMA Controller
fringant
harshadk
prem_ravi
prof_calculus
Psychodementia
rajat_nda
seshadri.r
taitmatla
the_CONSTANTINE
writetotanveer

errr.. what to say at this moment... seeing my name at the top of the list.. uhhh, uhhh.. ya.. thank god I started my name with an "a" ;)

on a more serious note... It doesn't matter whether this was a contest or not.. PG means a lot to me and so do the puys... I really hated to see my so called "love" for this place being measured.... but then I thought if everyone else is game for it.. then why not me???

its been an honour to be with people over here (no names.. too many friends)... Be it AIMCAT discussions, CAT discussions, PG meets, *ahem ahem* the cat retest thread :biggrin:, the UDT and DT.... Coolest avatar or innumerable other chit-chat section.. what I have seen are puys who want to make friends.. people who are genuine.. for that I thank you yaaron!!!
kabhi sab milke dhamaal machaayenge!!!

as far as the tee is concerned... Prize or not.. I really want to wear one such thing!!! puleeezzz

and ya.. thanks to the judges... u had the job which I would have hated to do myself!!!
  • 6 Likes  
Ok Here are the much awaited results. No I dont need to say this but will say it anyway, each post on this thread was equally valuable to us ie PaGaLGuY.com We know its not easy for anybody to put to words their emotions about a thing they love so much. And hence really really appreciate all the posters on this thread. Now we are no way entitled to judge your love for PG.com For the results what me might have done is judged that particular post.. And it was no easy task and we could not limit it to one or two puys. hence we are coming out with a list of 15 winners for the same. But we love you all equally. Here are the names
In alphabetical order:

anarchy
candybean$$$$
chuck_gopal
DMA Controller
fringant
harshadk
prem_ravi
prof_calculus
Psychodementia
rajat_nda
seshadri.r
taitmatla
the_CONSTANTINE
writetotanveer

Congratulations to all the winners :D

But you may have to wait for a while to get your prize because the TEES are not yet ready. estranged_gnrs will provide you with more details

And yes this thread will not be closed down. Anyone any time feels like expressing *What PaGaLGuY.com means to you* is free to post here :D

thx nikhil.This was the first competition i participated in pg and definitely
i'm thrilled to see my name in winners board amongst the biggies like psycho.,consti,
tatimatla and others...
thx to rohit again for initiating the thread .thx to all other frenz as u didnt groan .
  • 5 Likes  

Follow This Discussion

When you follow a discussion, you receive notifications about new posts and comments. You can unfollow a discussion anytime, or turn off notifications for it.

68 people follow this discussion.
Upcoming Events