About this discussion

Last updated

Author
@engross_jk

Tags

What is Cut-off for CAT based colleges??

:: From few of my friend ::::::: NIRMA 90+ :: IMI 86+ :: IMT 90+ :: IMDR 85+ :: LBSIMS 86+ :: (IT MAY HAPPEN THAT ........ THIS IS NOT A PROPER INFO, BUT WHAT I GOT FROM 2004 BATCH.... ... PLEASE REPLY ...
Follow this discussion to get notified of latest updates.
Page 2 of 219   

Okk Any idea about XIMR Mumbai Is it actually intaking students for 2010-2012 since can't find any info and Is the Programme for those who have work-ex.And Yeah info regarding the overall College hw it is etc.

Commenting on this post has been disabled.
prakash_student Says
thanks for the information but i want the cut off percentile for all of the top 20 mba colleges of india

1) Try being specific in your query.
2) The cut-off for most of the 'so called' top 20 colleges is atleast 95%tile in CAT or XAT.

There are many colleges in the range of 90-95 , some of which can be considered equal to those of the top 20.

Hope it helps.
Go Global with ISBR Global PGDM – AICTE Approved

Advantages

- AICTE Approved

- Excellent ROI with cent% placement

- Experience 3 different countries

- Ranked No. 1 New Generation B-Schools of India

- Affordable Fee

Know More

ISBR Edge

- 23 years of excellence

- Located in Bangalore

- Highest Salary offered: 28 Lakh p.a.

- Received Exemplary Placement Award 2014

Download Fee Sructure
hi there i have got 73%ile in cat...which colleges can i hope to get into...and whether the forms are still available...also could you tell me wat is the cutoff for NIBM pune...
thanks

Hi
Can you share your academic background...and any specific region where you want to do MBA...Like in Pune & Mumbai there are so many colleges where you can apply with this CAT score.Some college are AICTE approved also...you can search them & you can give your preference according to there ranking & placements.
Wish You All The Best
prakash_student Says
thanks for the information but i want the cut off percentile for all of the top 20 mba colleges of india

What is your CAT score?

Hi
This is Dev. This is going to be my first shot at CAT....
I have read a lot about acads being a very integral part of applying to proper colleges.....though I couldn find a thread dedicated to it so I am posting it here...

My acads are:

10th:- 82%
12th:- 78.4%
B.E :- 61.5%
Work ex:- 1 year 7 months ( TCS)

On a break since 10 months due to personal reasons....

I would like to know if I am going to be unable to apply to major colleges...
Pls do reply...
In case there is a different thread for it, pls let me know link...

Thanks a ton !!!!

Hey you can check out this thread,it may help you
http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/past-acads-no-cause-for-worry-during-admissions-iim-calcuttas-prof-anup-k-sinha-25012799
  • 1 Like  
Hi
I have read a lot about acads being a very integral part of applying to proper colleges.....though I couldn find a thread dedicated to it so I am posting it here...

My acads are:

Pls do reply...

Thanks a ton !!!!

Apart from some IIMs, I can't remember any top B-school having a cutoff for acads (apart from the normal 50% or 60% in some). Yes, most colleges do have weightages for acads and work-ex, which you can find out from their Mandatory Disclosures, but I don't think that's reason enough to not apply. If you score well, thing will fall into place, some way or the other.

Hi

My acads are:

Pls do reply...

Thanks a ton !!!!

Hello guys,
Can you please help me, I just want to know which colleges should i aim for this year,
my 10th score (2003)67.33,
12th score - 62%,
Graduation(BBA) - 70%(2008,
13 months of W.E
average extra cirucular, during college days took part in social activities

took break last year around september, appeared for cat but didn't perform well.
Well, ill be trying this year again, I have following queris, it will be great if u guyzz help me,
Which college should i aim for cat 2010 if i get between 85+ and 95?
Should i start working again and at the same time study(bt not sure whether ill be scoring good marks)
Will i get in some good college with this profile next year(having gap 0f 2 yrs) even if i get 85+????/

I GUESS YOU SHOULD CONTINUE UR JOB AND PARALLELY STUDY.. CAUSE A GAP SERIOUSLY HAMPERS UR PROFILE.. yes its a difficult job but thats what u have got to do..

secondly with 2.5 years of work ex u should not look for colleges below 95%ile in CAT like IMI,SPJAIN,MDI,NITIE.. between 90 and 95 there are colleges like FORE LBSIM TAPMI WELINGKAR but not worth at 2.5 year work ex.. even i am contemplating this year whether i should go for these colleges or not with 14 months work ex.. GIM if convert would definately go cause its a good college for work ex people..rest not sure..i will take a call on converting..and yes do write other exams especially XAT and IIFT and FMS... again GIM i would tell u as back up option after 2.5 years work ex.. in XAT other collegs to aim for are XIMB(very good college),XLRI(everyone knows).. BHAI HARD WORK KARR.. time hai tere paas.. aaj se hi shuru ho ja.. you definately should aim for top 20 colleges.. no college less than that
  • 1 Like  

Hello guys,
Can you please help me, I just want to know which colleges should i aim for this year,
my 10th score (2003)67.33,
12th score - 62%,
Graduation(BBA) - 70%(2008,
13 months of W.E
average extra cirucular, during college days took part in social activities

took break last year around september, appeared for cat but didn't perform well.
Well, ill be trying this year again, I have following queris, it will be great if u guyzz help me,
Which college should i aim for cat 2010 if i get between 85+ and 95?
Should i start working again and at the same time study(bt not sure whether ill be scoring good marks)
Will i get in some good college with this profile next year(having gap 0f 2 yrs) even if i get 85+????/

try4it Says
NIBM cutoff is in the range of 80's. I think it is difficult to get a call at this score....But u never know...this years cutoffs for every colleges have taken a dip...so wait n watch

hi there i have got 73%ile in cat...which colleges can i hope to get into...and whether the forms are still available...also could you tell me wat is the cutoff for NIBM pune...
thanks

Besides I think NIBM has stopped taking applications a long back!
Hi,

I have got calls from Nirma , LBSIM and have converted SITM(symbi inst of telecom mgt)

please tell wich is the better colleges amongst the 3.. as i have 2.5 years of work-ex..

Comparison of colleges is not allowed on PG. I will suggest go to respective threads respective B Schoolers. they ll give u an idea abt placements and other details...But I ll say one is specialized college for telecom and rest two are general MBAs. So comparison ll be difficult one
  • 1 Like  
thanks

NIBM cutoff is in the range of 80's. I think it is difficult to get a call at this score....But u never know...this years cutoffs for every colleges have taken a dip...so wait n watch
thanks

duplicate post!!!

Follow This Discussion

When you follow a discussion, you receive notifications about new posts and comments. You can unfollow a discussion anytime, or turn off notifications for it.

1146 people follow this discussion.
Events in CAT