About this discussion

Last updated

Author
Prashant @smartppc

Tags

Vocab Resources

hi all... coming back to pagalguy after a long time.. i have a small interest in improving my vocab always...and keep searching the net for stuff that can be useful and innovative.. have tried locating the perfect thread which highligh...
Follow this discussion to get notified of latest updates.
Page 2 of 14   

Some words from my side:

SABBATICAL: sab-baate-kal, i have to complete my work today.
#going on a voluntary holiday
SAGACIOUS: saag khaane vale !
#wise and canny person
THWART: is art exhibition ko mat roko!
#to put a halt to something.

NOW NEW WORDS EVERYDAY FROM MY SIDE!mg
  • 3 Likes  
  • nice word tushar. 23 May '13.
I am getting what i want. 

Visit DailyVocab.com & Like us if you like it.

Admissions 2015 @ Great Lakes

PGPM 2015-16

1 Year Fast Track MBA Program for experienced professionals. 

App. Deadline (Cycle 2): 24 Jan. 2015

PGDM 2015-17

2 Year MBA program for graduates with 0-2 years of experience. 

Learn More

Global Faculty and internationally benchmarked curriculum

Accredited by AMBA, UK (PGPM & PGXPM Programs)

Ranked 7th by Outlook & Business Today in One Year MBA Programs (2014)

Ranked 10th by Business India in Top B-Schools (2014)

Avg. CTC of INR 11.43 Lakhs p.a. for PGPM 2013-14 &

Avg. CTC of INR 8.07 Lakhs p.a. for PGDM 2012-14

Know More

Some mnemonics from my side :

Verbiage : (verb ka garbage) : Profusion of words usually of little or obscure content.

Futile : (Phat gayi MISSILE, sab ho gaya WASTE sab ho gaya FUTILE) : Completely useless

Perpetuate : (DURACELL - lasts long really long) : Prolong the existence of something

Frugal : (FREE vich no gallan) : Economical in expenditure

• 5 Likes  
  • @raghavsimply thanks bro !!!. 19 May '13.
  • Nice initiative :cheers:. 17 May '13.
.: Pain is Temporary, Pride is Forever  :.

Awesome news Puys !! Now you can upload your own vocab meme on website.

Daily Vocabulary for CAT, GRE, SAT Word List | Where meme teach Word Power

If you think you are creative, then go forward and upload your own Vocab Meme.

One it get approved by Admin, it will be posted on dailyvocab.com featuring your name.

Just another fun way to remember words.. your ultimate vocab source dailyvocab.com

login on to dailyvocab.com

I will be posting vocab meme on daily basis...

Hi Puys !! I know vocabulary play a very important role in CAT. A good vocabulary can easily fetch good percentile in CAT-2013. But I also understand its very difficult to learn all the words in short span of time. Even if you learn, you tend to forget words during exams.

Thinking about this. I came up with an idea, where we can use Meme and visuals to teach vocabulary. Visual memory have better recall value and you learn without putting extra efforts.

So Guys I need your ideas and suggestion to build a better vocabulary website.

Pls visit website -----------------> Daily Vocabulary for CAT, GRE, SAT Word List | Where meme teach Word Power

nd do like us on facebook

Vocab Meme

• 2 Likes  

guys we are officially into CAT season now..lets start learning some words..what say? lets start some vocab thread game..where we keep posting words and their mnemonics..any ideas? anyone up for it???

Which method do you use to learn words?

• 3 Comments
  • revote...:). 25 Apr '13.
  • for me by word roots. 27 Apr '13.

a few mnemonics to kick off vocab prep for cat-2013

FortitudeForty +attitude

Jab kisi mein forty logon ka dum ho to usmein fortitude 100 logon se ladne ka aa jata hai.. Jaise humare sunny deol bhaiya!

Forestall

Four + stall

Ek se bure do ,do se bure fourAgar ek sath four lambe aadmi ek rickshaw pe baith jaenge to vo bichari chalne ka naam bhi nai legi.Matlab vo forestall ho jaegi!

ForlornFour+loan

Ek sath four loans uthaoge to kaise chalega bhai..Fir forlorn hona to obvious hai.Forlorn bole to sad,hopeless and desperate

ForsakeFor teri Sake

Koi apni girlfriend ke liye daaru peeni band kar de to matlab usne daaru ko forsake kar dia hai.Forsake matlab renounce or abandon completely.

taken from hinglish @ wordpandit

• 4 Likes  
  • wow! such a nice way to build vocab...keep up the gud wor.... 13 Apr '13.

guys the new pagalguy style certainly seems to be catchier than before..lets start discussing vocab in some new and interesting ways as well..what say??

@varathawins i think what you can do is go in for second hand material of these institutes, since that is pretty cheap, around 1000 you should be able to get it..since majority of the material or in fact almost all the material is same every year, money should not be a concern
hello everybody. i'm varatharaj doing pre final year in mechanical engineering in coimbatore(tamilnadu).Right from the day i know about cat i started dreaming being an IIM er! MBA is my passion. im preparing for CAT 2013. As i was from a lower middle class background i cant afford to pay the coaching class fee. now iam preparing for CAT using the books from my college library.
but those books are really confusing and deviated from the actual CAT questions.i dont have a pc too. so i cant refer any online materials. i spend 4 hours daily for preparing CAT. my friend advised me that 4 hours of such preparations=1 hour of preparation by using standard materials like TIME,IMS. i went to TIME and ask them whether i can get the materials alone for a cheaper price. they said they will provide material only along with a course. and that course costs 20000! i was heart broken! i desperately need some standard books. i would be greatly thankful if someone is will to donate extra materials or old materials! PG is my only hope. so please help me! thank you all
IF SOMEONE CAN DO IT, SO CAN YOU!
@smartppc said:
my top two vocabulary learning books:1. word power made easy2. six weeks to words of powerany more recos????
Any other standard wordlist will do.IMS vocab book for exanple.

my top two vocabulary learning books:

1. word power made easy
2. six weeks to words of power

any more recos????
@faizy89 your welcome...wordpandit is truly an awesome way to learn..
i have some more links to share..will post those as well...

Follow This Discussion

When you follow a discussion, you receive notifications about new posts and comments. You can unfollow a discussion anytime, or turn off notifications for it.

354 people follow this discussion.
Events in CAT