About this discussion

Last updated

Author
Amandeep Garg @intrepid85

Tags

UBC, Sauder MBA Fall 2012 Applicants and Admits

Hi All, Initiating this thread for all those applying/admitted to the Sauder School of Business, UBC for the Fall 2012 FT MBA program. I have an admit from UBC Fall 2012 . Please come and join the discussion.
Follow this discussion to get notified of latest updates.
Page 2 of 15   

Just got off the wait list and offered admission for aug 2012! Anyone going admitted from bangalore?

And just one copy of your official transcripts to be sent.

skinnybob Says
Just an FYI, if you need it Sauder is on PST -Pacific standard time
Go Global with ISBR Global PGDM – AICTE Approved

Advantages

- AICTE Approved

- Excellent ROI with cent% placement

- Experience 3 different countries

- Ranked No. 1 New Generation B-Schools of India

- Affordable Fee

Know More

ISBR Edge

- 23 years of excellence

- Located in Bangalore

- Highest Salary offered: 28 Lakh p.a.

- Received Exemplary Placement Award 2014

Download Fee Sructure

Just an FYI, if you need it Sauder is on PST -Pacific standard time

@gaurav: your interview will be Canadian time. Check any site on the net for the time difference.

• 1 Like  

Hey anyone on the wait list who has heard back from the college?

Hello Friends,

Greetings! I got a call for interview. Have to book time slot. Please tell me whether the time slots given to us are in IST, GST or EST. Please reply as soon as possible.

Also, please tell me how many copies of official transcripts are to be sent to UBC and at which address.

Thanks and Regards,
GS

Glad that it helped. Apparently, it was built with the input of UBC Alma Mater Society, so it was pretty useful to check the distance from UBC, etc., and since the posting is targeted at univ. students, most landlords are also more accommodating to the student population.

Cheers.

Thank you Jeeka
Ive been looking up this website, its really well built for UBC students
Re: Housing

In addition to the usual suspects (craigslist, kijiji) you can lookup Apartment Rentals Vancouver, BC: Search Apartments at AMSRentsline.com as well.

Thank you Jeeka
Ive been looking up this website, its really well built for UBC students

@Gaurav and the rest of the people applying for VISAS. Just wanted to give you guys a heads up regarding the IELTS requirement. Over the weekend, Two people reported on the facebook forum that their VISA applications were rejected by the Consulate even with the letter from the college stating the IELTS Waiver. However still others reported that the letter was sufficient for them. So the consensus is that it appears to depends on the VISA officer who is handling your case.
One person who's application was denied stated that he wrote a letter to the Consulate indicating that he had Taken the GMAT exam, and that seemed to work for him,
My suggestion at this point since your on a time crunch, would be to book your date for the TOFEL or IELTS (remember that these are very simple exams, and if you scored fair on the GMAT then this should be a breeze for you),
Go ahead and apply for the VISA with the IELTS waiver letter, and if they insist for the IELTS scores, then you will be ready to take the test,
Just my thoughts.

George

Re: Housing

In addition to the usual suspects (craigslist, kijiji) you can lookup Apartment Rentals Vancouver, BC: Search Apartments at AMSRentsline.com as well.

In my experience $500 is feasible only in the case of shared accomodation (2-bedroom shared by 2 students paying $500 each). Single bedroom accommodation typically costs at least $700, and a decent one will be about $800 - $900.

Cheers.

• 2 Likes  

Hey that would be great ! thank you so much for the information. I will start looking right away!
Thanks, aarti

Hi Aarti,
From what i heard, the accomodations at the MBA house are quite small for single students. (I believe if they offerred it to you at $850 then its for a single student, family is $1250). You have to use a shared kitchen, and you will have to share your room with someone else, making it hard when your husband visits.
The best place ive found so- far. is rentBC.com and craigslist.
You should try and look for a place in North Vancouver, East Vancouver, Burnaby. Delta is not too far away.
How far are you willing to travel every day. If your okay travelling about an hour by bus/train. you can also look in North Surrey. Lots of Indians and rent is generally cheaper. Keep me updated, ill try and help as much as I can, if you find a place you like, I can try and find out more info, maybe get some pictures for you etc.
Hi Skinnybob,

However, they did mention that 30th June shall be the last date for submitting these documents.
Quote from mail that i received:

"

Hi Gauruv, since they have given you a date (June30th) I would suggest to try and get the docs to them ASAP.
However the lack of documents wont stop them from calling you for an interview.
  • 1 Like  

Hi Skinnybob,

They didn't ask specifically for the docs but they mentioned about it in the mail that i received as my application has been passed for 1st review. However, they did mention that 30th June shall be the last date for submitting these documents.
Quote from mail that i received:

"Dear Gaurav,

We are happy to inform you that your application has been passed on to our admissions committee for an initial review. Once the review is complete, we'll update your status accordingly.

Please note that the official documents are still required for your application. We encourage you to send them to us as soon as possible.

Regards from the Admissions team."

Hi skinnybob,

Thanks Again! If I could get the waive off letter, my half the burdern will be reduced. I will let you know once I get the admit.

Thanks and Regards,
GS

Hi Gaurav, question about your Official transcripts.
Did the Admin team specifically request for those after your submitted your application? Only in this case, would I worry about sending them immediately. Generally they can process your application based on "Unofficial transcripts" (a xerox copy is good enough), and once they offer you admission then you will have to submit official copies.
Hi,
. I am not sure, if I took the right decision, Aarti

Hi Aarti,
From what i heard, the accomodations at the MBA house are quite small for single students. (I believe if they offerred it to you at $850 then its for a single student, family is $1250). You have to use a shared kitchen, and you will have to share your room with someone else, making it hard when your husband visits.
The best place ive found so- far. is rentBC.com and craigslist.
You should try and look for a place in North Vancouver, East Vancouver, Burnaby. Delta is not too far away.
How far are you willing to travel every day. If your okay travelling about an hour by bus/train. you can also look in North Surrey. Lots of Indians and rent is generally cheaper. Keep me updated, ill try and help as much as I can, if you find a place you like, I can try and find out more info, maybe get some pictures for you etc.

Follow This Discussion

When you follow a discussion, you receive notifications about new posts and comments. You can unfollow a discussion anytime, or turn off notifications for it.

47 people follow this discussion.