TISS 2011 Preparation

Hi Guys I plan to appear for TISS 2011. I have started preparing for it. So, I am starting this thread where all the aspiring TISSites can prepare together. We'll start it with GK, Quant, Reasoning, DI, etc. etc. We can ask present ...
Follow this discussion to get notified of latest updates.
Page 2 of 14   

hey!i jus wrote TISS thiss year!it was average-good!I have a query!did any1 get a phone call from TISS telling you how to prepare for GD/PI & intrview??I got a call today n they said dis is no confirmation for clearin any round but they jus called every1 who has attended it to brief abt the further stages f YOU CLEAR"!!

Any thoughts?

Hi all,

This seems to be a nice thread.

Can anyone help me with the cut-offs of last year for TISS???

Also, are sectional cut-offs applicable in this exam?

Go Global with ISBR Global PGDM – AICTE Approved

Advantages

- AICTE Approved

- Excellent ROI with cent% placement

- Experience 3 different countries

- Ranked No. 1 New Generation B-Schools of India

- Affordable Fee

Know More

ISBR Edge

- 23 years of excellence

- Located in Bangalore

- Highest Salary offered: 28 Lakh p.a.

- Received Exemplary Placement Award 2014

Download Fee Sructure

can someone please share the link for downloading the yearbook?? thanks in advance

Can anybody please help me out with the Social work course of TISS.. i have opted for it also.. along with HR.. But i dont have any idea how to prepare for it.. Seniors and puys plz help..!!

TISS MASE ka Gk ke liye kaisa difrnt prep lena chahiye??

Ppl who were not able to download the stuff in my previous post , find TISS stuff here :)

http://www.pagalguy.com/forum/prep-resources/68981-official-gk-thread-mba-entrance-102.html#post3033992[/QUO

hey i couldn't download the tiss papers from d forum....plz can u mail 2 me
id- rahul2brk@gmail.com

hey will pratoyogita darpan suffice for the current affair instead of the year book?

Dear Puys,

After writing IIFT, I turned to PG with great expectation for TISS.
But I am disappointed that none of the threads feel like discussion forum. Still puys are searching for previous year questions and posting 1 or 2 GK post intermittently. Threads have died down slowly after immense initial response. Either puys are not serious about it or have taken it too lightly. I think we should take a cue from the puys in official GK thread who has done a great job which ultimately helped me in scoring very good in IIFT(Although I was a silent observer, busy in CAT ).

Given just 5 days left for TISS, assuming that you have already brushed your basics in GK like static and current affairs, we still have a great chance if we do TISS oriented GK preparation now onwards.

Let us draw out a strategy. Other than static and current GK, we have social issues, HR related stuff etc to do for GK. I request the puys to go through previous year papers and prepare a list(Now dont ask where to get... :nono:...so many guys have posted it already). Here on, I would be posting current affairs in addition with social issues which I will prepare for now onwards. I have already downloaded India 2011 Year Book published by Indian Government. It is advisable to read Labour chapter from that book(about 25 pages ) PM me if u need that.....but at one condition...you will have to post the synopsis of chapter on PG I have also prepared for IRMA seriously and thus have fair knowledge about govt programmes etc. But still need co-operation from you guys......What say puys....Lets nail it...Chakk De Phatte!!!!!

P.S - No intention to offend anyone....

I second you bro.. lets make through it... i am pinging you my id please mail me the book..

Hi puys .

Anybody having solutions or the answer keys for the last year tiss(hrm) paper .???

Plz help

can u please send me the ebook download link for the k aswathappa book..if available? Thanks in Advance!!!

Anyone appearing for Globalisation and Labour, and Social Work? Please share your methods.

frz Says
Hey any news about the admit cards,plz let me know....and any links for previous papers would be very helpful..!!:)

Go to https://admissions.tiss.edu/
login and download your admit card ATB
Deepak Prakash : Faculty of Management Studies - Banaras Hindu University. 2012-14

hey anvesh, can u please suggest some material to study for G.K... will it be good to study K.aswathappa for hrm (also if there are any specific topic important in that book)? your help in G.K. section preparation will really help...

Some Gyan for TISS:-

Revolutions Areas

Yellow Oil Seeds
White Milk
Blue Fish
Pink Shrimp
Silver Egg
Golden Horticulture
Black Petroleum
Gray Fertilizer

International Boundaries

1. Durand Line - India and Afghanistan
2. Hindenberg Line - Germany and Poland
3. McMohan Line - China and India
4. Maginot Line - Germany and France
5. Radcliffe Line - India and Pakistan
6. 17th Parallel - South Vietnam and North Vietnam(Before they United)
7. 38th Parallel - North Korea and South Korea
8. 49th Parallel - USA and Canada

Enough for now......

• 5 Likes  

Dear Puys,

After writing IIFT, I turned to PG with great expectation for TISS.
But I am disappointed that none of the threads feel like discussion forum. Still puys are searching for previous year questions and posting 1 or 2 GK post intermittently. Threads have died down slowly after immense initial response. Either puys are not serious about it or have taken it too lightly. I think we should take a cue from the puys in official GK thread who has done a great job which ultimately helped me in scoring very good in IIFT(Although I was a silent observer, busy in CAT ).

Given just 5 days left for TISS, assuming that you have already brushed your basics in GK like static and current affairs, we still have a great chance if we do TISS oriented GK preparation now onwards.

Let us draw out a strategy. Other than static and current GK, we have social issues, HR related stuff etc to do for GK. I request the puys to go through previous year papers and prepare a list(Now dont ask where to get... :nono:...so many guys have posted it already). Here on, I would be posting current affairs in addition with social issues which I will prepare for now onwards. I have already downloaded India 2011 Year Book published by Indian Government. It is advisable to read Labour chapter from that book(about 25 pages ) PM me if u need that.....but at one condition...you will have to post the synopsis of chapter on PG I have also prepared for IRMA seriously and thus have fair knowledge about govt programmes etc. But still need co-operation from you guys......What say puys....Lets nail it...Chakk De Phatte!!!!!

P.S - No intention to offend anyone....

• 4 Likes  

Follow This Discussion

When you follow a discussion, you receive notifications about new posts and comments. You can unfollow a discussion anytime, or turn off notifications for it.

101 people follow this discussion.
Events in TISS Mumbai