SHOW

The Trachtenberg System of Speed Arithmetic

The Trachtenberg System of Speed Arithmetic While he was in a German concentration camp, during World War II, Jakow Trachtenberg invented his system of speed arithmetic. His methods can be divided into two parts, (1) multiplication by s...
Hi,

I would like to add one more shortcut to Maverick's quite old but very useful post.

Here it is:

Multiplication of just over and just under numbers

97*104

97 -3
104 4

101 -12
100 88 (subtract 1 from the result of cross addition. take the complement of the right
multiplication)
Ans: 10088

103*96

103 3
96 -4
99 -12

cheers!:)

Good one... no wonder u r @ iimb
  • 2 Likes  
Commenting on this post has been disabled.
Hats off!!! for information and your effort/....I am having a copt of it..i m inspired to give a full read after seeing this
International Management Institute, New Delhi

IMI-Delhi, ranked 9th by Business Today Survey 2014 and accredited with prestigious AMBA, SAQs and NBA, among various other accreditations; is inviting applications for PGDM, PGDHRM and PGDM-B&I for 2015-17 Batch.

Apply Now

Know more about Admissions 2015.

Download Now!
MavericK Says
Uploaded the software for the Same stuff :)

Thanks,maverick for the software...
i ll try that
great work man. u have really done a fabulous job. Good. Carry on. Hope to see more from you.
wonderful!! i had seen the book in a book stall and had by heartsd most of the multi methods from thr itself .. din't want to buy cos o already am an exp in veedic stuff.. but this post is comprehensive and precludes the need for the book. thanks a lot!! by the way, the multi methods r better than vedic too.. amazing
Gr8 job guys...keep going,
regards,
phani.
Great job Buddy!!!!!!!!!
only one word mav
excellent
similarly for nos below hundred..

ex: 96*98

96 -4
98 -2
94 08

the ans is 9408
  • 1 Like  
i was searching for this for a long time....keep it up bro.
Sourabh
  • 1 Like  
Hi,

I would like to add one more shortcut to Maverick's quite old but very useful post.

Here it is:

Multiplication of just over and just under numbers

97*104

97 -3
104 4

101 -12
100 88 (subtract 1 from the result of cross addition. take the complement of the right
multiplication)
Ans: 10088

103*96

103 3
96 -4
99 -12

cheers!:)
  • 3 Likes  
Hey Maverick

Thats certainly great work mann..... You took a lot of effort in writing that long post..... But its seems to be exactly same as given in the book which is titled "The Trachtenberg System on Speed Maths" the book with a black cover.... Compared to Vedic Maths I found it much better to comprehend...... Probably PGitess could refer it for some more mind boggling calc shortcuts. A discussion on the book here would uncover some more easier methods of calculating.......

What say?

Govi...........
ur adding method consumes lot of time...

9421 + 3114 + 1382 i wud do it this way...

first all thousands...
9 + 3 + 1 = 13*1000=13000
then all hundreds
4 +1 + 3 = 8 * 100= 800
tens ...
2+1+8= 11*10=110
units...
adding up 13917...

such additions can be done by observation which further inc speed. with practice this can be done in less than 10 secs.
that was xcellent work buddy.. but one hitch regd the software... it shows that help files r missing ...gives an error ...and only allows practice problems...

just one week to go...so i hope my brain digests this stuff quick...
hey anil,
thanks a lot man!!! how on earth could you collect so much info within such a short time. you are incredibly fast yaar .kudos!!!

guyz i think this could be the s/w which could enable us(prospective CAT 2004 ) aspirants to have a cutting edge.lets rock it guyz!!!

cheers,
Prashanth
  • 1 Like  

Follow This Discussion

When you follow a discussion, you receive notifications about new posts and comments. You can unfollow a discussion anytime, or turn off notifications for it.

18 people follow this discussion.