SHOW

The PM story

Do you have a PM story? Share the most ridiculous PM's you would have got here.,.. Ab aap poochoge ki yah idea aaya kahan se, toh baat yeh hai ki Mujhe aaya ek PM aaj subah.... Rohit se salaah karne ke baad iss thread ka janm hua :: : ... Read More »
So I am getting PMs like these.

"I've got a low score.
X - abc
XII - abc
Grad - abc

What's my chances in IIM, FMS, XLRI etc etc bschools?"

My general question is 'Have you appeared in any of the MBA exams yet?'

And the answer is 'No.'

And these are happening after telling the same person time and again in the sb that chances depend majorly and mostly on MBA exams.

What am I supposed to say these guys. :|
On a road less travelled, you'll find what you've been looking for. Yourself.
@abhimukh19 said:
why do i get such PMsGreetings dear,My name is jenny i will like to have a good loverelationship with you please write me back through my privatee mail address (asgd363@yahoo.com) letme send you my pictures Yours Massjenny.asgd363@yahoo.com
Just report these PMs. These members will be taken care of, permanently.
  • 1 Like  
Lal Bahadur Shastri Institute of Management- Admissions Open!

Classes, Case-studies, Cafeteria, Conferences, Competitions, Clubs, Camaraderie!

The 7 C's of LBSIM aptly summarize the 'Life@LBSIM' that impeccably epitomizes the ideal life of an MBA student, which, as our Director says, should be a blend of "70% learning outside the classroom and 30% learning inside the classroom"!

Learn More
why do i get such PMs

Greetings dear,

My name is jenny i will like to have a good love
relationship with you please write me back through my private
e mail address (asgd363@yahoo.com) let
me send you my pictures Yours Mass
jenny.

asgd363@yahoo.com

• 4 Likes  
The other day, I got this PM:

Friend, bro, sir(watever)
I just read your interview and by the time i finished it, i had tears flowing in my eyes. I have very rarely felt like this before and 1 thing that had a gr8 impact on me was ur reply to this question.

This person is talking about the interview I did on the Thepla with PP thread. There were good questions there, which obviously made me sweat the answers. Well, the PM continued:

I dont know why but it had a great effect on me. How wish i could be like you? I am quite good in IQ thing but when it comes to EQs i slip away. {snipped}
Thank you for igniting a spark and letting me know how to live like a grondmaster. I have lots of things to say but somehow words are nt flowing. Thanks again.

Firstly, this message did hit me well... Not always do people read things online with the care they give to a printed word - I know I don't. But now and then, an exception comes by. And this one needed a dear enough answer. So this is the reply I sent:

Sometimes, when someone says, "I know what you're talking about...", you realize that they're not being empathetic, but they actually know what you are talking about. Perhaps they've gone through what you are saying, or perhaps they just understand correctly.

I'm reminded of the words spoken by a great person: If you spend thousands in something that does not benefit others, there is no profit there. But you spend even a pfennig in something that helps enlighten even one person, your objective of coming to life is fulfilled.

So, yes, I know what you are going through when you read the post - exactly what I felt when I wrote it - and its ok if you can't express it. The fact that you experienced it is enough.

I'm glad my few words were able to help you.

I hope the kid is inspired enough...
  • 2 Likes  
@aimingCAT12 said:
well, hope so
I guess. :P
"I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul" - Invictus|| UDT '12, MMDT '12, '11. Quora: http://www.quora.com/Omkar-Parab-1
@Omkarp said:
I got the same pm and spoke to him in great detail.I did spell out a few options he had and he did seem satisfied. So, it's fine now I guess.
well, hope so
@aimingCAT12 said:
sir, check this out. I got the same PM some 15days back."Extremely sorry to disturb you like thisHi
@naga25french said:
Not exactly a story but then I am posting the pm here so that the user gets some guidance..PM :
I got the same pm and spoke to him in great detail.
I did spell out a few options he had and he did seem satisfied.
So, it's fine now I guess. :D

• 1 Like  
"I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul" - Invictus|| UDT '12, MMDT '12, '11. Quora: http://www.quora.com/Omkar-Parab-1
@naga25french said:
Not exactly a story but then I am posting the pm here so that the user gets some guidance..PM :"HiI know my condition is like really weird if you compare with the others.I was a student of Engineering in Mumbai University, I couldn't attend college for the past three years due to epilepsy and family issues. I cannot go back to college now as the portion has changed. I anyway do not want to continue with engg. I am more interested in Physics Honors. I scored 89% in SSC, and 89% in HSC with 92% in PCM (94 - Physics, 96 - Maths) in the year 2007. I am targetting the top colleges for physics in Mumbai. I wanted to know, with this percentage can I get into St. Xaviers Mumbai? And is it a reputed college for Physics? what are the placement chances?Thanks in advance. I am really serious about a career in Physics, and starting afresh..Please guide me..I will graduate at 27 which is like 7-8 years late, but ultimately I'll be happy with my career..I have compared myself enough to others..just need a boost from you brother...thanks "Would be great if someone can guide him .
sir, check this out. I got the same PM some 15days back.

"Extremely sorry to disturb you like this

Hi

I know my condition is like really weird if you compare with the others.

I was a student of Engineering in Mumbai University, I couldn't attend college for the past three years due to epilepsy and family issues. I cannot go back to college now as the portion has changed. I anyway do not want to continue with engg. I am more interested in Physics Honors. I scored 89% in SSC, and 89% in HSC with 92% in PCM (94 - Physics, 96 - Maths) in the year 2007. I am targetting the top colleges for physics in Mumbai. I wanted to know, with this percentage can I get into St. Xaviers Mumbai? And is it a reputed college for Physics? what are the placement chances?
Thanks in advance. I am really serious about a career in Physics, and starting afresh..Please guide me..I will graduate at 27 which is like 7-8 years late, but ultimately I'll be happy with my career..I have compared myself enough to others..just need a boost from you"

Wondering if the details provided here (in October) were insufficient for him
Really wanted to help this guy...but now m not sure :|
ps: No offense intended!!

pps: A very happy bday Naga sir :mg:
  • 2 Likes  
@vision2017 said:
Hey thanks a lot for your help..I am so happy that Pagalguy is the right place for shooting career queries..and I am glad people here help so much
@ank_mission_IIM hey, I checked out the website...St Xaviers does offer B.sc Physics ...
yes but it doesn't offer honors degree in physics. and don't worry we always here to help you. :)
  • 1 Like  
I flew up again, I have left valleys down, miles away...
Hey thanks a lot for your help..I am so happy that Pagalguy is the right place for shooting career queries..and I am glad people here help so much :)

@ank_mission_IIM hey, I checked out the website...St Xaviers does offer B.sc Physics :)...
  • 3 Likes  
@naga25french said:
Not exactly a story but then I am posting the pm here so that the user gets some guidance..PM :"Hi
I was a student of Engineering in Mumbai University, I couldn't attend college for the past three years due to epilepsy and family issues. I cannot go back to college now as the portion has changed. I anyway do not want to continue with engg. I am more interested in Physics Honors. I scored 89% in SSC, and 89% in HSC with 92% in PCM (94 - Physics, 96 - Maths) in the year 2007. I am targetting the top colleges for physics in Mumbai. I wanted to know, with this percentage can I get into St. Xaviers Mumbai? And is it a reputed college for Physics? what are the placement chances?
Thanks in advance. I am really serious about a career in Physics, and starting afresh..Please guide me..I will graduate at 27 which is like 7-8 years late, but ultimately I'll be happy with my career..I have compared myself enough to others..just need a boost from you brother...thanks "Would be great if someone can guide him .
this may help:
  • 3 Likes  
I flew up again, I have left valleys down, miles away...
Not exactly a story but then I am posting the pm here so that the user gets some guidance..

PM :

"Hi
Thanks in advance. I am really serious about a career in Physics, and starting afresh..Please guide me..I will graduate at 27 which is like 7-8 years late, but ultimately I'll be happy with my career..I have compared myself enough to others..just need a boost from you brother...thanks "

Would be great if someone can guide him .

• 8 Likes  
You are not rich until you own your mistakes - Linda Poindexter

@Omkarp said:
I'm sure you aren't the first one to get a marriage proposal on PG, or are you?
i dont know about that. U have to ask this to all other girls on PG :p
  • 4 Likes  
Haso Hasao Life Banao :D, PG QUEEN 2013 :mg:
@sabrinakhan said: This was one of the funniest n strangest PM ever .
I'm sure you aren't the first one to get a marriage proposal on PG, or are you? :mg:
  • 8 Likes  
@Omkarp said:
I'm sure women usually face this issue on any networking site. I have a few PMs to share, lekin I think everyone stalks everyone and I don't want the concerned person to find out he/she looked like an ass when they next decide to stalk.
@Omkarp This was one of the funniest n strangest PM ever .
  • 4 Likes  
Haso Hasao Life Banao :D, PG QUEEN 2013 :mg:

Follow This Discussion

When you follow a discussion, you receive notifications about new posts and comments. You can unfollow a discussion anytime, or turn off notifications for it.

120 people follow this discussion.