Free CAT Questions

You get official solutions with each question, and our insights to help you track your preparation.

Click here!
SHOW

'The Class of 2012'

Trying to find reasons for coming back to forum even after getting into B-School ?? Thinking that you will not be able to remain in touch with many friends whom you met here during preparation ?? As an answer to these questions , we pres... Read More »
@abhimukh19 said:
@visionIIM-ACL sahi Btw i do agree with the restrictive nature of careers these days specially Post MBA ..we are compartmentalizing ourselves to very specific skill sets ..Consulting itself has 1000s of new career paths which is creating more rules and rigidness than freedom
Its long since I posted in PG. Happy to be back. Nowadays companies are also not clear on what to do with MBAs. Many of them hire MBAs for the sake of it also. But it is up to us to create/identify our career paths amidst the restrictive nature of the jobs offered.
  • 2 Likes  
@visionIIM-ACL sahi :w00t:

Btw i do agree with the restrictive nature of careers these days specially Post MBA ..

we are compartmentalizing ourselves to very specific skill sets ..

Consulting itself has 1000s of new career paths which is creating more rules and rigidness than freedom

• 2 Likes  
BankPO prep feedback group.

Puys who are willing to help us in this initiative can put across their ideas and thoughts by commenting on the thread.

Join us to make prep better.

Start Here!
Check out the attachment :D

• 15 Likes  
** MBA is hyped but post MBA life is over hyped **
Attachments
Back in this thread after a long time. Good to see this still going.

I joined Godrej & Boyce on 4th June and after a month's induction, I got posted to the Storage Solutions division in Chennai (the only company in Godrej group to have its head office outside of Mumbai). After 2 weeks there, I was transferred to Delhi for 3 months. My job involves identifying and mapping opportunities for shop floor storage products by visiting customers' manufacturing plants, studying the manufacturing process and the storage systems being used at each workstation. Been touring almost the whole of north India-UP, Uttarakhand, Haryana and now Punjab, visiting leading companies. Six day work-week with just one Sunday to go on a city-tour or short tours. Am enjoying it :)
  • 1 Like  
Gr8 to see people sharing their experiences.. let me post mine too!!

Have spent the last 4-5 months working on Money Markets.. creating bond issuance papers.. getting the legal stuff done in those.. coordinating with the rating agencies.. Not much in direct contact with the fund managers for investments, but hope to get that exposure soon..
Yes, excel is an integral part of my work... Have taken the full responsibility of MIS for the organization.. sounds gr8 rite.. :P

waiting for markets to open up... :)

• 3 Likes  
Mayank Goel JBIMS (2010-12)
Hello puys,

I am living the much-hyped (and less known ) life of a consultant. Coming to term with half-truths of frequent flier miles and hi-powered meeting with clients. It is more of back-breaking MS Power point formatting, mind-numbing research on Google and its brothers, humming of your PC when you try to open MS Excel documents with 20+ worksheets and getting on and off calls with the dexterity of a five-star hotel receptionist.

But hey, it pays well, so no worries
  • 6 Likes  
I have been using my copy-paste and coding skills in excel VBA!!! After a skip-level meeting and some saying NO to the same line of work, starting to use my brain to analyze the business now. Hoping to continue that.
  • 1 Like  
You can DO/KNOW anything, but not everything!!
@Sajal_lovescat said:

Less of activity is possibly because we do not visit PG enough post MBA...with CAT season back, curious sould like me are going to be back and active...hope to see this forum alive and kicking..

have spent some significant time in new cities already (Bhopal, Indore, Ludhiana, Satna)...also roamed around in some villages of Punjab and MP...working with airtel has been good fun so far..

Sounds good and atb for the journey ahead :)

I have been using my excel and PPT skills for last 5 months , i hope to use my brain soon :mg:
  • 2 Likes  

Less of activity is possibly because we do not visit PG enough post MBA...with CAT season back, curious sould like me are going to be back and active...hope to see this forum alive and kicking..

have spent some significant time in new cities already (Bhopal, Indore, Ludhiana, Satna)...also roamed around in some villages of Punjab and MP...working with airtel has been good fun so far..

• 2 Likes  
  • 1 Like  
Ohh..An old forgotten thread. Thanks @mayankleo_1 for reviving it. :cheerio:

If anyone is looking to switch or if there are some openings in your firm do post here. I believe there are some openings here in hp. I keep getting referral mails. So if anyone is interested do let me know, and I can share the list of profiles up for grabs. :)

All the best to all in post MBA life.

Regards
Ajai Govind
FORE PGDM (2010-12)
Business Analyst, Hewlett Packard
  • 4 Likes  
You can DO/KNOW anything, but not everything!!
@abhimukh19 said: aah i almost forgot about this thread .. been busy with work ... Not sure if anyone has switched but if anyone is looking to switch do share .. Also if there are any openings in your firms do let us know , lets help each other to switch
Just came to know that 2 people of my batch switched :w00t:

One of them left the campus job of 15lpa for a 9lpa job :mg: But loves the profile so, he did :clap:

Another guy switched to Accenture Managemnt Consulting, not sure of other details regarding it!! :D

All the best to all of us in the new phase post MBA .... Jobs make us miss college days even more!

Godspeed,
Varun

• 5 Likes  
aah i almost forgot about this thread :).. been busy with work :p... Not sure if anyone has switched but if anyone is looking to switch do share :D.. Also if there are any openings in your firms do let us know , lets help each other to switch
  • 4 Likes  
hey puys.. what's happening in life?? no posts since a long time here.. looks like batch of 2012 is too busy working.. :D

post if you switched your company.. would at least show the market trends.. . :)
  • 2 Likes  
Mayank Goel JBIMS (2010-12)
backWithBang Says
Any such thread created for 2014 batch ? PS: Sorry for out of topic question.

Here it is :

http://www.pagalguy.com/forum/life-b-school-b-school/80970-the-class-of-2014-a.html
  • 4 Likes  
You are not rich until you own your mistakes - Linda Poindexter

Follow This Discussion

When you follow a discussion, you receive notifications about new posts and comments. You can unfollow a discussion anytime, or turn off notifications for it.

238 people follow this discussion.