Free Question Bank – PaGaLGuY's Prepathon

Includes Daily Quizzes, GK updates and Mock Tests!
For CAT, IBPS, SSC-CGL and more!

About this discussion

Last updated

Author
@Simba

Tags

The Art of writing SOP

Hello Junta... :smiley: Hope u all had a great festival & now, its time to get back to those books!!! I have been getting a few anxious mails regarding Statement of Purpose - the hows/ the whats... Ya... have been kinda helping some ppl......
Follow this discussion to get notified of latest updates.
Page 354 of 852   
Hi Guys,

I have to submit my SRCC form tomorrow and have to write about myself, I have tried and write something for the first time so please be kind and advice if it is OK. The word limit is 200, however i could write only 173.

I am a man of my word, passionate and caring. Born and brought up in Kolkata, life has been through tough surface so far with challenges, some disappointments and some achievements.

The professional outlook has been like kite flying up high till now. Work experience of over 3 years in B.P.O has added immense knowledge related to team handling skills, conquering stress and taking up pressure from all directions. Started career in this field from level zero, proved performance and went to the level of a Team leader. Its been a great working experience altogether.

Moving to personal life I like spending time with friends, reading books and playing cricket. Others opinion regarding me has been positive, a hard worker, a constructive team player and coordinator.

To end let me take a SWOT analysis of myself. My strengths are I can take pressure well, a good coordinator, a good motivator and a Team player; some weaknesses are a bit impatient if task overloads and some time too aggressive leading to being harsh at time.

Please seniors and others suggest if the same is fine or something else also needs to be added. I have to send it right tomorrow so please be quick.

Thanks!!

Ok,Saif you've over glorified your SOP by using some ornamental words and sentences.Try to cut down on them.See the main purpose of writing SOP is not only to tell the concerned college about yourself but also how does the Degree from that college is going to help you and how exactly you are a good fit for them.You know a mutual thing for both the college and the candidates.Also I guess you should use the term "customer care executive" instead of BPO employee and its just to make the SOP look better.Try writing how your 3 years in this sector has matured you both personally and professionally.The interviewers would be least eager to know about what your peers,colleagues and friends think about you.What matters most is what you think about yourself.Be gentle on the use of the words.A slight change and your SOP would be ok.Anyway you didn't have too much time to do any massive change right now and its also not recommended.
Hope my little info would help you!!
And Best of luck for your upcoming Exams!!
  • 2 Likes  
Sanjay Kumar VGSoM, IIT Kharagpur 2011-13

Hi Guys,

I have to submit my SRCC form tomorrow and have to write about myself, I have tried and write something for the first time so please be kind and advice if it is OK. The word limit is 200, however i could write only 173.

I am a man of my word, passionate and caring. Born and brought up in Kolkata, life has been through tough surface so far with challenges, some disappointments and some achievements.

The professional outlook has been like kite flying up high till now. Work experience of over 3 years in B.P.O has added immense knowledge related to team handling skills, conquering stress and taking up pressure from all directions. Started career in this field from level zero, proved performance and went to the level of a Team leader. Its been a great working experience altogether.

Moving to personal life I like spending time with friends, reading books and playing cricket. Others opinion regarding me has been positive, a hard worker, a constructive team player and coordinator.

To end let me take a SWOT analysis of myself. My strengths are I can take pressure well, a good coordinator, a good motivator and a Team player; some weaknesses are a bit impatient if task overloads and some time too aggressive leading to being harsh at time.

Please seniors and others suggest if the same is fine or something else also needs to be added. I have to send it right tomorrow so please be quick.

Thanks!!

harry4u9 Says
Well if the question is specific then u have to exclude them....simple

okies. thanx.. il b posting my write up in some hours.. hope to c ur comments on mine as well.. thanx really..:grin:
soni 89 Says
hey harry.. plz help me wid dis one doubt.. v r supposed to describe ourselves in d srcc-gbo form.. it shud have our strengths, weaknesses, qualities, activities dat interest us n also what r parents n friends think of us.. shud v include our college stuff n y mba n y dis course?? its not asked fr..

Well if the question is specific then u have to exclude them....simple
  • 1 Like  
Everything seems impossible till its done--Nelson Mandela https://www.facebook.com/pages/Xpressionism/238984152788657

hey harry.. plz help me wid dis one doubt.. v r supposed to describe ourselves in d srcc-gbo form.. it shud have our strengths, weaknesses, qualities, activities dat interest us n also what r parents n friends think of us.. shud v include our college stuff n y mba n y dis course?? its not asked fr..

Good part of ur SOP is that u have woven ur SOP around the Quote u have put so it does not look out of place

Bad Part is most of it looks blatant exaggeration...& that any one can tell with a blind eye....u dont have to be so desperate to show that u r the greatest thing that was ever born on this planet.....u need to display a quality called "Humility"

U have correctly identified that there is not place for u to incorporate ur Work ex.....That place will automatically appear if u rework it along these lines

Heyy I know its last minute but can anyone review my SOP for GBO from SRCC .. I am currently working ..( one year work Ex) not sure where n how sud I incorporate that.. pls suggest and anyother changes required..!!

Charles Darwin said "It is neither the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change."
In today's fast paced world his words are relevant more than ever. I believe this is my biggest strength. I am not afraid of any change. Also, my ability to multitask has helped me to balance a plethora of extra curricular activities. I have taken many daunting uphill tasks and have succeeded in them with lan. I have portrayed my leadership skills by coordinating an Indo-Italian green and Clean conference on an environmental awareness drive and being part of the DD Commentary Team in Robocon 2008.
All these have been stepping stones towards a larger goal- a career in a fast paced global environment with a continuous need to learn and unlearn; a career which involves innovative challenges, interactions with people, intelligent decision-making and implementation of creative . SRCC, one of the premier institutes with its esteemed faculty shall provide the correct pedestal for gaining a Management program. An opportunity to learn from the Industry's finest minds and study among the best, agile minds shall certainly spruce me up for the Business world.
  • 1 Like  
Everything seems impossible till its done--Nelson Mandela https://www.facebook.com/pages/Xpressionism/238984152788657

U need to do 2 things in it:

1. Improve the Grammar i found atleast 10 mistakes in it on first glance......

2. U need to focus on writing a STATEMENT OF PURPOSE which tells who r u what is ur PURPOSE in life & how u r going to do it....In this SOP u r making a Fool out of urself....dont beleive me read this

"I want to start my own business but I am not sure how will I do it; I am anxious and nervous about it" (ohh yeah then what do u expect from us!!!!!!!)

Ok one more read this

"I want to do an MBA because it will give me a platform to understand the basics, help me make a bigger network and allow me to make mistakes and learn from them"(Thats the most screwed up logic i have ever heard)

Bottomline::::Work on it dude u have got it horribly wrong

ABOUT YOURSELF FOR GBO FROM SRCC.
How would you describe yourself?*
(In answer, you should write in not more than 200 words addressing your personal qualities, strengths, weaknesses and activities that interest you. you may also like to touch upon what your parents and friends think of you.)

I am from a(belong to a) business family(Business class family) in a semi urban city. My education is competed(COMPLETED) is every corner of this country, I have met people, seen places and situations along the way. What I have learnt is that the only thing you can take with yourself in knowledge and experience.
I completed my graduation (BE) in computers because I was curious to know, how software's are made and I enjoyed and learnt during my graduation. I want to start my own business but I am not sure how will I do it; I am anxious and nervous about it.
I want to do an MBA because it will give me a platform to understand the basics, help me make a bigger network and allow me to make mistakes and learn from them. I want to make myself ready for the real world, where the window of making a mistake is small.

adds upto 150 words..
recommend changes .....
  • 1 Like  

This Looks like a q asked in exam "What is My Personality???" where u r answering like "My Personality is defined as.....It has the foll strengths.....But it also has the following weaknesses.......However...."

Cmon dude is this wat u want to write...this one really needs restructuring.....

hey....im filling up this form and, they dont want a SOP but they wanted me to write about my personality,interests,strengths and weaknesses...they also said that i could specify what my family thought of me...but i kept that away for i already crossed the word limit....so.....
it'll be of GREATTTT help if you could tell me if this is good enough or not...and if im doing justice to all that was asked...also i have not talked about academics much coz for different reasons i have royally screwed it...which they'll see and will question me, but i can answer them then...not now :(...but plzzz help..thanks in advance..

"Im a resident of Mumbai and was born and brought up here. I completed my graduation, BE (Computer Science) from PIIT, Mumbai University in the year 2010.
My personality is defined as: warm hearted, practical and creative. My creativity comes from my sketching and photography which I have taken up as an active hobby since past many years. Being creative has helped me develop my thought process greatly, thus assisting me with my projects and assignments at numerous instances. And being a part of the Creative Department of the Student Council in my college, I have actively assisted my friends with management of various inter and intra college events. My key interests include: politics, economics, sketching, painting, sculpting and photography.
Key strengths:-
-high perseverance: I have an indomitable spirit which keeps me motivated to achieve the end goal, I am very result oriented and have a never-give-up attitude.
-good written and verbal communication skills: I think im expressive, precise and to the point with written n verbal communication which helps me put my thoughts across clearly.
-I have keen observation which has strengthened my thought process n boosted my analytical skills.
Weaknesses:-
-I sometimes tend to focus my energies on things that suit my interest more than the others and which works against me at times, although I have started to prioritize my tasks.
In the near future, I wish to continue on my learning curve. An mba would give me the right platform to further enhance my key strengths and 5yrs down the line I see myself at a challenging middle management role where I could use my skills to prove my worth.
However in the long run I would like to become an entrepreneur after having a good exposure in the corporate world."
  • 1 Like  

Heyy I know its last minute but can anyone review my SOP for GBO from SRCC .. I am currently working ..( one year work Ex) not sure where n how sud I incorporate that.. pls suggest and anyother changes required..!!

Charles Darwin said "It is neither the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change."
In today's fast paced world his words are relevant more than ever. I believe this is my biggest strength. I am not afraid of any change. Also, my ability to multitask has helped me to balance a plethora of extra curricular activities. I have taken many daunting uphill tasks and have succeeded in them with lan. I have portrayed my leadership skills by coordinating an Indo-Italian green and Clean conference on an environmental awareness drive and being part of the DD Commentary Team in Robocon 2008.
All these have been stepping stones towards a larger goal- a career in a fast paced global environment with a continuous need to learn and unlearn; a career which involves innovative challenges, interactions with people, intelligent decision-making and implementation of creative . SRCC, one of the premier institutes with its esteemed faculty shall provide the correct pedestal for gaining a Management program. An opportunity to learn from the Industry's finest minds and study among the best, agile minds shall certainly spruce me up for the Business world.

ABOUT YOURSELF FOR GBO FROM SRCC.

How would you describe yourself?*
(In answer, you should write in not more than 200 words addressing your personal qualities, strengths, weaknesses and activities that interest you. you may also like to touch upon what your parents and friends think of you.)

I am from a business family in a semi urban city. My education is competed is every corner of this country, I have met people, seen places and situations along the way. What I have learnt is that the only thing you can take with yourself in knowledge and experience.
I completed my graduation (BE) in computers because I was curious to know, how software's are made and I enjoyed and learnt during my graduation. I want to start my own business but I am not sure how will I do it; I am anxious and nervous about it.
I want to do an MBA because it will give me a platform to understand the basics, help me make a bigger network and allow me to make mistakes and learn from them. I want to make myself ready for the real world, where the window of making a mistake is small.

adds upto 150 words..
recommend changes .....

Follow This Discussion

When you follow a discussion, you receive notifications about new posts and comments. You can unfollow a discussion anytime, or turn off notifications for it.

30970 people follow this discussion.