About this discussion

Last updated

Author
@Simba

Tags

The Art of writing SOP

Hello Junta... :smiley: Hope u all had a great festival & now, its time to get back to those books!!! I have been getting a few anxious mails regarding Statement of Purpose - the hows/ the whats... Ya... have been kinda helping some ppl......
Follow this discussion to get notified of latest updates.
Page 354 of 857   

Well well its good enough only the last line i felt was repetitive ("It would not only....") plus that "exploit my talent" thing is very negative so if u want to keep that line u need to restructure it..
Thats it....

hello seniors.. i have written an SOP for SIMS as i'll be applying through industry quota... we are supposed to write a 100 words SOP that should precisely speak about why do i want to join SIMS only.
Plz guide me with ur valuable suggestions.
My sop goes like this :

Having tasted the insignia that Symbiosis generates, at my undergraduate level, I could forecast the role that an institute plays in actualizing a students dreams. (Kudos for a wonderful start)

For my aspirations to peak the corporate world through my potential and skills, I desired an institution that could effectively cultivate the right blend of discipline, knowledge and attitude in me. (bang on!!!!)

SIMS, being one that successfully meets the challenges of an increasingly dynamic international business environment with its global tie-ups, distinctive accreditation as well as consistent industry collaborations, attracted me the most because of its exclusiveness (Exclusivity). It would not only exploit my talent(Exploit!!!!!!!!) but also make me industry ready through its unique pedagogy.

Thanku so much.. >:oops:
  • 1 Like  
Everything seems impossible till its done--Nelson Mandela https://www.facebook.com/pages/Xpressionism/238984152788657

puys please review this...... SOP for simc.....its urgent.... 11th is the last date.....

Learn from yesterday, do it right today, and you shall reap the fruit tomorrow. The very moment I read this anonymous quote, it struck me that my life bears a close resemblance to it. Being a bright student in my school days, invariably standing among the top three in the division, I always aspired to be a doctor. But as I progressed towards my 10th grade my ambition had taken a U-turn. The very reason for this being, doing exceptionally well in the English subject, throughout my school years. I remember my English teacher reading out my essays to the class-what a proud moment it was for me! This is when I thought a career in media or PR would be apt for me. Then came the phase where I committed a faux pas which changed the course of my academic career. As my parents always desired of me to make a career in sciences, I chose to pursue the science stream as did my entire friend circle; thus pushing away my dream of being a fourth estate person into oblivion.
I then opted for BSc-Biotechnology for my graduation. It was in this course of time that I was introduced to the concept of management. It outright caught my attention. The more I researched about it, the more it appealed to me. It also dawned on me that though I was doing biotechnology, the main aspect of this field i.e research did not interest me the way management did. Skills required for an MBA matched with my personality as I often participated and won in myriad activities like debates, elocution's, essays, quizzes, dance, social service etc. this made me believe that event management, people skills, interpersonal communication skills was something that I was good at and loved to do. Good leadership skills, problem solving ability, persuasive strength, team player quality are the traits that make a good PR manager. Possessing these skills to a certain extent, a MBA degree would further fine-tune them and expose me to the intricacies of management, I thought.
Thus when I read about SIMC providing a MBA degree in media, I decided this was my ultimate destination and being the prestigious institute that it is SIMC will prove to be the apposite pedestal to re-live my dream. Presently working as an Assistant Officer in the customer care department of Wockhardt Hospitals, I am attaining hands on experience in managing and interacting with customers, a useful aspect of PR. My work involves interacting with patients, marketing of the brand, disseminating information, co-ordinating with the doctors and the other departments etc. All this goes a long way in honing my talents.

Hence fuelled by the desire to cement my career in PR and media, I look forward with great enthusiasm to gain admissions in your esteemed institution.

harry4u9 Says
The bluntest thing i can tell u is that it is so disjointed thats it looks like a jumbled puzzle.....no connection between lines, no flow & no...nothing. IOn 2 words Very shoddy It can be done much better pls work on it

ok SOP analysts :grin:, you guys are doing a commendable job here .many thanks for that.

As always,please rip this apart:

I have the grit to excel in every task that I undertake. Since school,I have won accolades and awards for my academic and extracurricular performance. In college besides publishing an international research,I also started and managed a small commercial venture. As students we faced many problems with this start-up which made me realize that running a business successfully requires superior business knowledge and experience. After college I took up the on-campus job offer from and I am currently working in their department. Here,I had the opportunity to interact with Investors and similar industry professionals. However I realized that in order to attain my long term goal of serving in the senior management level I need to get a holistic perspective on how big companies work. DMS IIT-D with its management program emphasizing industry interaction,innovation and research will truly help me achieve my long term goals.

hello seniors.. i have written an SOP for SIMS as i'll be applying through industry quota... we are supposed to write a 100 words SOP that should precisely speak about why do i want to join SIMS only.
Plz guide me with ur valuable suggestions.
My sop goes like this :

Having tasted the insignia that Symbiosis generates, at my undergraduate level, I could forecast the role that an institute plays in actualizing a students dreams. For my aspirations to peak the corporate world through my potential and skills, I desired an institution that could effectively cultivate the right blend of discipline, knowledge and attitude in me. SIMS, being one that successfully meets the challenges of an increasingly dynamic international business environment with its global tie-ups, distinctive accreditation as well as consistent industry collaborations, attracted me the most because of its exclusiveness. It would not only exploit my talent but also make me industry ready through its unique pedagogy.

Thanku so much.. >:oops:

Hi,

For one of the application forms, I have to write around 500 words on hobbies/other activities. For goals/responsibilities or for any regular SOP, I can get hints from the previous pages but I don't know how to turn regular hobbies such as
-reading books
-listening to music
-watching movies/sitcoms
-newspaper/TV
-blogging
-net browsing
into 500 words. Should I describe each of the hobbies separately? I tried to write for music but it feels as if I am writing something for a blog and not for an essay in MBA app form-

Without music, life is a journey through a desert. These words by Pat Conroy feel so true when I start my morning with a soothing song. I listen to different types of songs such as hindi movies songs, sufi songs, western rock and roll, psychedelic rock, Indian rock etc.

Although it's possible to write a few more sentences but I am worried if I am going in the right direction. Comments/suggestions plzz?

harry4u9 Says
The bluntest thing i can tell u is that it is so disjointed thats it looks like a jumbled puzzle.....no connection between lines, no flow & no...nothing. IOn 2 words Very shoddy It can be done much better pls work on it

that bold thing was for the practicality.
thanks for your views.150 word limit really sucks.
With the above content,would it be possible for you to help me with the restructing of the words?
All your help is much appreciated.
rgds,

please be as blunt as possible.

SOP for IIT D(150 words limit)

I strongly believe in perseverance,sincerity and practicality,whereby(why is this here) my achievements are a result of well-directed efforts.
I have a long term goal of serving at the top of the corporate hierarchy. Due to my excellent performance in various examinations(some international) and a leadership position as the head-boy,I was awarded the Britannia Star Champ trophy in school.
With some entrepreneurial experience,a managerial position,prizes in Model United Nations and publication of an international research I graduated from the prestigious XXX in the recessionary 2009.
With a goal of gaining a good working experience,I took up the on campus job offer from .
This gave me the opportunity to interact with Investors and gain basic financial knowledge in .
Simultaneously,I also cleared CFA L1 and FRM L1 exams.
I am confident that an MBA from the prestigious DMS IITD would help me gain superior business management and leadership skills and help me direct my efforts towards my long term goal.
  • 2 Likes  
Everything seems impossible till its done--Nelson Mandela https://www.facebook.com/pages/Xpressionism/238984152788657

please be as blunt as possible.

SOP for IIT D(150 words limit)

I strongly believe in perseverance,sincerity and practicality,whereby my achievements are a result of well-directed efforts.
I have a long term goal of serving at the top of the corporate hierarchy. Due to my excellent performance in various examinations(some international) and a leadership position as the head-boy,I was awarded the Britannia Star Champ trophy in school.
With some entrepreneurial experience,a managerial position,prizes in Model United Nations and publication of an international research I graduated from the prestigious XXX in the recessionary 2009.
With a goal of gaining a good working experience,I took up the on campus job offer from .
This gave me the opportunity to interact with Investors and gain basic financial knowledge in .
Simultaneously,I also cleared CFA L1 and FRM L1 exams.
I am confident that an MBA from the prestigious DMS IITD would help me gain superior business management and leadership skills and help me direct my efforts towards my long term goal.

Hi harry, i am a b.tech 2010 passout with no job . I had prepared for mba entrance exams after my engineering and am applying to scmhrd where i need to write few para regarding my candidature. I would like to ask you about - how to justify my gap after engg. that too without a job ....will it give a negative impression on the interviewer?

The hunter here to be hunted!!!!
Anyways my views...

The hunter wants to be shown as a mere mortal

On a serious note i was quiet proud of this SOP , took me 20 revisions and 2 weeks to write.

I guess my creativity gets my heart closer to marketing and the structured thinking and communication skills give me a way to push the message across :biggrin:

Last line was forced addition to show the enthusiasm. I guess if you check the the thread where am most active, you will realise :drinking:

With words left and not enough to write anything more important, this was the best I could do

Cheers :cheerio:
thou shalt not give up  

Follow This Discussion

When you follow a discussion, you receive notifications about new posts and comments. You can unfollow a discussion anytime, or turn off notifications for it.

49179 people follow this discussion.
Upcoming Events