PaGaLGuY Prepathon Mock CATs

Download the FREE PaGaLGuY Prepathon app to join in the free test series that start on Sept 13th.
The app is used by over 50,000+ students

About this discussion

Last updated

Author
Soumik Ganguly @soumik.ganguly

Tags

Survival Tips for B-School GD-PI Processes

Group Discussion has evolved across these years and has become a very complex but Dissected methodology. It is a process wherein people who have been trained can become really stereotypical in terms of performances. This ensures that it becomes ea...
Follow this discussion to get notified of latest updates.
Page 26 of 67   
Hi,

I have a drop year after my 12th for IIT Prep. which does't turn up as desired. What can i mention in PI. Will it have an adverse affect on my final chances. Plz help.

Thanx.

If there were some reasons beyond ur control( a major illness etc.) then you could say that and that should do.

u can also tell thm that u wanted to give ur best shot at JEE and so tuk a year drop. Had you not done that, it wud hav bothered u all the time...and since you gave it ur best shot, u feel satisfied even if u cudnt make it to IITs.

most importantly, focus on ur achievements after you got into college. :cheerio:

And there are a lot of people who take drop...so shudnt b much f n issue.

Hope this helps.
Commenting on this post has been disabled.

are we xpected to be good in respective......graduation back grounds......will PI consists of these questions

Prepathon – Prepare for IBPS, SSC-CGL and more!

Prepathon gives you courses that are backed by real coaches. Ask, discuss and learn from both coaches and other students. Innovative learning formats, friendly coaches and cutting edge technology — all in one powerful mobile app.

Google Play Store     Learn More

Download prepathon for free

Prepathon is available on the Google Play Store for a free download.

Google Play Store

hello guys,
i m not in2 regular reading habit.so how can i prepare 4 GD in less time dat i have.
kindly help me as to frm where can i start.

Puys I am from New Delhi... Now its time to move on to d next stage of MBA preparation i.e. GD/PI... Can anyone from Delhi suggest me d best coaching institute for GD/PI preparation...? I am from Janak Puri (West Delhi) area...

regards
Rahul

u can try reading the previous post on GD it wld help u quite a lot.....
Hi bhargavss,
I will like to know what is SOP...and what did u mean with" if u cn read up on d same"
I have sent u a PM for SOP that u mentioned
thanks
Swapnil

SOP refers to Statement of purpose.....

Puys I am from New Delhi... Now its time to move on to d next stage of MBA preparation i.e. GD/PI... Can anyone from Delhi suggest me d best coaching institute for GD/PI preparation...? I am from Janak Puri (West Delhi) area...

regards
Rahul

bhargavss Says
hi..i guess dese colleges wld ask u to write a SOP of round about 100 -150 words ......if u cn read up on d same ...also if u cld post d questions asked it wld become easier...i knw abt SIMC as it has a SOP...ur PI is generally based on dat SOP.....

Hi bhargavss,
I will like to know what is SOP...and what did u mean with" if u cn read up on d same"
I have sent u a PM for SOP that u mentioned
thanks
Swapnil
Hi seniors, need ur help..
My score in SNAP is 91 (VER-23, QUANT-23, GK-8, LR-37) and my profile goes as below
X-84.93
XII-75.67
BE-IT-67.93(2009 Batch Fresher)
No experience
I have applied for SIBM-P, SCMHRD,SIBM-B, SIIB,SCIT, SITM, SIOM...
I know except for the first two, I am in a very gud position to get calls...but thats wher my problems begin,,,...
1.I am not very gud in communication skills which will surely hurt my PI...although I am decent enough in GD's and have been complimented for my discussions by many evaluators and colleagues....
2. Although from IT, I hate it alot and never wanted to work in it...so tried my luck in MBA ...but after a number of disasters I have realized I won't be getting a decent college, so would have to settle down to one of Symbi colleges.....and I don't want to wait another year..

How do u think shud I prepare my strategy henceforth.....

Thanks,
Swapnil

hi..i guess dese colleges wld ask u to write a SOP of round about 100 -150 words ......if u cn read up on d same ...also if u cld post d questions asked it wld become easier...i knw abt SIMC as it has a SOP...ur PI is generally based on dat SOP.....
  • 1 Like  

Hi seniors, need ur help..
My score in SNAP is 91 (VER-23, QUANT-23, GK-8, LR-37) and my profile goes as below
X-84.93
XII-75.67
BE-IT-67.93(2009 Batch Fresher)
No experience
I have applied for SIBM-P, SCMHRD,SIBM-B, SIIB,SCIT, SITM, SIOM...
I know except for the first two, I am in a very gud position to get calls...but thats wher my problems begin,,,...
1.I am not very gud in communication skills which will surely hurt my PI...although I am decent enough in GD's and have been complimented for my discussions by many evaluators and colleagues....
2. Although from IT, I hate it alot and never wanted to work in it...so tried my luck in MBA ...but after a number of disasters I have realized I won't be getting a decent college, so would have to settle down to one of Symbi colleges.....and I don't want to wait another year..

How do u think shud I prepare my strategy henceforth.....

Thanks,
Swapnil

arjun.bhagat Says
Sir..Hoping whenever u will get time, pls reply Hvnt got any satisfactory answers till now :-(

hi i'll attempt to help u in dis coz hv done some training in dis field....u try follow dis template:
Name:
Education
work experience
(u shd try and lead d interviewer in an area u think u can answer d best)
ur strengths
ur ambitions
how mba will help
i am sure before this they will interupt u....dese questions are generally ice breakers coz d panel needs time to go through ur form.....once dey find a point to grill u on dey will stop...i hope dis helps
  • 1 Like  

Follow This Discussion

When you follow a discussion, you receive notifications about new posts and comments. You can unfollow a discussion anytime, or turn off notifications for it.

480 people follow this discussion.