About this discussion

Last updated

Author
@anees

Tags

SP Jain (Singapore/Dubai) GMBA - JUNE 2008 Intake

Hello All!!! The June 07 intake applications of SPJCM about to start. This thread would discuss all the unique and silly and serious issues/doubts/clarifications, calls, GD/GI/PI experiences, admits, financing, etc relavent to this school. ...

Follow this discussion to get notified of latest updates.
Page 73 of 97   
Thanks for the quick reply... :D

Hmmm... I was just prayin they would somehow consider XAT scores.. :sly: Anyways, a friend of mine gave SPJAT on 2nd feb in blore.. said the paper was kinda easy... but suppose i give GMAT, would they prefer that more to SPJAT or somethin??

and do u send the application before u take the test or after??

For someone who has prepared for CAT or XAT seriously, SPJAT will be in the comfort zone ( ...my opinion cause i found it easy ) also since SPJAT does not have sectional cutoff, one has the advantage to exploit the strengths. Refer to any post by Anees, his signature gives the format of the test

They consider the best score, i think they treat all of the tests equally no favs..(GMAT/CAT/SPJAT) that is what it looks like when i referred to their website

I applied 1 month before even i got the a score ( assuming XAT scores were accepted cause the day i wrote XAT i was sure it was better than CAT). But currently my appln is in the wait state, it will move to next stage after the results are announced for SPJAT - feb 02.(do i sound over confident )
Checked my status today too.....got put on the waiting list....what happens now??? Seniors, some info please.What are my chances??

CAT : 96.09 %
X : 81
XII : 86
B-Tech : 76.34

Extra curricular not great

01.Are you sure that you have entered all the necessary data in the appln form?
02. u say that ur extra curricular is not that great, if so, atleast do u have relevant work ex?

if u have filled the necessary info and have a good profile, in my opinion you should write to gmba@spjain.org probably to find out what was missing in ur appln that they have moved to the wait state... ( i am not sure if they wud reply, but nothing wrong in trying...)
One Year PGPM @ Great Lakes

Post Graduate Program in Management (PGPM)

- 1 Year Fast Track MBA Program

- Accredited by AMBA, UK

- Ranked 7th by Outlook & Business Today in 2014

- Avg. CTC of INR 11.43 Lakhs in 2014

App. Deadline: 30 November, 2014

Learn More

10+ Global Associations with Leading Schools/ Universities

25+ International Visiting Faculty from Stanford, Yale, Kellogg, etc.

50+ National Level Prizes Won by Students in 2013-14

100+ Industry Leaders on Campus in 2013-14

3000+ Alumni Network spread over 28 Countries

Know More

Hi Anees,

My application no. is 200661 - SM. I applied on 13th January. Today I checked my status online and saw that I have been waitlisted. ??:Can you please let me know how long it takes to process the applications of wailisted candidates

Thanks in advance!!
Prabhu

U have a good XAT score. But from this year's intake, they have stopped considering XAT scores.(m in the same state too...but i gave SPJAT on 2nd feb)

write to gmba@spjain.org for the details on the next test. It is generally announced in their website, keep checking them regularly.

Thanks for the quick reply... :D

Hmmm... I was just prayin they would somehow consider XAT scores.. :sly: Anyways, a friend of mine gave SPJAT on 2nd feb in blore.. said the paper was kinda easy... but suppose i give GMAT, would they prefer that more to SPJAT or somethin??

and do u send the application before u take the test or after??
Hello seniors, fellow puys,

I want to know when the next SPJAT is goin to be conducted.. Also that having applied for the 2 yr Indian program in the last 2 yrs and being rejected both times, do i stand a chance here?? Do they take XAT scores?

Im desperate to join a good bschool this yr and it would help to know things soon..

U have a good XAT score. But from this year's intake, they have stopped considering XAT scores.(m in the same state too...but i gave SPJAT on 2nd feb)

write to gmba@spjain.org for the details on the next test. It is generally announced in their website, keep checking them regularly.

Hello seniors, fellow puys,

I want to know when the next SPJAT is goin to be conducted.. Also that having applied for the 2 yr Indian program in the last 2 yrs and being rejected both times, do i stand a chance here?? Do they take XAT scores?

Im desperate to join a good bschool this yr and it would help to know things soon..

Hi all

Just checked my appln status online today, and I've been put on the wait-list...
Anyone who was on the wait-list and eventually got a call???

Checked my status today too.....got put on the waiting list....what happens now??? Seniors, some info please.What are my chances??

CAT : 96.09 %
X : 81
XII : 86
B-Tech : 76.34

Extra curricular not great
entre-preneur Says
S.P.Jain Center of Management - Dubai . Singapore

thanks .. chked the status..
it says that it'll be updated in a short while..
srikant.ramesan Says
Checked my status today too.....got put on the waiting list....what happens now??? what happens now? Seniors, some info please

This is just my opinion from what I've seen here. This may or may not be true.

If you're wait-listed coz your scores (GMAT/CAT/SPJAT etc) is not available, then there's a bright chance for you to be called for interview once the score is available. Otherwise, IMO chances are relatively less. Again, Just my opinion.
Hi,

can u pls share the link for chking the app. status???
m unable to chk mine...

Thanks in advance.

S.P.Jain Center of Management - Dubai . Singapore
Hi all

Just checked my appln status online today, and I've been put on the wait-list...

Checked my status today too.....got put on the waiting list....what happens now??? what happens now? Seniors, some info please
Hi all

Hi,

can u pls share the link for chking the app. status???
m unable to chk mine...

Thanks in advance.
I got a call from SPJCM for IB . My next round is schedule on 10th Feb @ 08:30 a.m.

A brief profile of mine:

B.Tech: NIT Rourkela (2005) - 71.1%
Std. XII: CBSE - 75.6%
Std. X: CBSE - 77.2%
CAT - 84%ile
Extra-curricular: Above Average marked by certifications and prizes won.
Work-ex: 32 Months (as of today) with wellknown US IT MNC.

Regarding the next process, the thing that is bothering me most is my switch from IT to Finance and Qs related to that in PI. For me. I have a keen interest in finance field n come from similar family background. Also, I have been throughout in Finance domain while at work. Now, this is a Q to all those who ve converted/got a nxt round call/currently studying/anyone who is interested in sharing his/her views - What kind of knowledge the PI panel expect from the aspirants in Finance field in general and 'IB' in particular. The domain is so vast that zeroing on sth particulat is difficult. So, Puys plz share your thoughts over this asap as I just ve a week time for preps. Also, I request all those who ve got a call in IB for 9th/10th Feb to come together n share our thoughts so that all of us can ripe benefits. For people who ve a call in some other domain I request you all as well to come togther n share our views on next round as thr is so much to prepare. Thanks to Anees for sharing the link for GD/PI round in his signature. Hoping for a good activity on this thread from now on.

~ Rock-on

Rahulworld

No responses Puys? Anyways i still request all those u ve converted SPJCM in the past to share there experinces for 'PI' in particular. What kind of Qs are generally asked? What kind of expectations panel has from us? How much they drill u? What is the proportion of Qs on work-ex and the 'specialization' one opted for? I ve got call for IB so if someone can share info on that too it will be really helpful.

P.S. First round of GD/PI is due this weekend, so requesting u all a prompt reply.

Hi all

Hi
I am an IT professional working in IBM having 4 yrs work X. Interested 2 do MBA from SP Jain. Taking prep for GMAT.
Will anybody value add to my research about MBA in SP Jain !!
Regards
Saptarshi

Hi Saptarshi,

I am also working in IBM. Work ex of 1.7 yrs. Well as far as MBA is concerned, it's only useful if you want a change in the job profile, assuming this is true, as far as I have researched abt SPJain Dxb/Spore, 1 yr program is a big advantage.
Since u already have work ex, placements are comparatively easier... also studying abroad is a good international exposure.

Just in case you want to know more you can ping me. Not sure what exactly you are looking for.

Thanks,
Aishwarya Prabhakaran
  • 1 Like  

Follow This Discussion

When you follow a discussion, you receive notifications about new posts and comments. You can unfollow a discussion anytime, or turn off notifications for it.

323 people follow this discussion.