About this discussion

Last updated

Author
Allwin Agnel @pagalguy

Tags

Some Books I have Read & Would Recommend

Hi All :: A bunch of books on management & related stuff. 1) Tom Peters - Circle of Innovation 2) Maverick - Ricardo Semler 3) Managing Radical Change - Sumantra Ghoshal 4) Every Business is a growth business - Ram Charan 5) Ge...
Follow this discussion to get notified of latest updates.
Page 6 of 541   
Every student undertaking his MBA must read following books;

1. Against the Gods

2. Load of Finance

3. History of Economic Thought

4. Breakdown Nation

5. Origin of wealth.

Who is the author for "breakdown nation"? cant find it on net.
Commenting on this post has been disabled.

Read 'O Jeruselum'

IMT Open Admissions for 2015

Kellogg India, L'Oreal India, Thomas Cook, Citibank etc. among the top recruiters.

Informed Decisions today leads to Promised Future tomorrow.

Take Your Call Now

Know More About Us!

Download Now

Every student undertaking his MBA must read following books;

1. Against the Gods

2. Load of Finance

3. History of Economic Thought

4. Breakdown Nation

5. Origin of wealth.

• 3 Likes  

'Shata'ram?? lol, bad typo...

anwesa09 Says
On Israel-Palestine conflict, you might like "From Beirut to Jerusalem" by Thomas Friedman.

THANK U .and any one related to tibet china controversy
rohit406 Says
can anyone suggest me a gud book on china tibet controversy and israel palestine conflict ????

On Israel-Palestine conflict, you might like "From Beirut to Jerusalem" by Thomas Friedman.
  • 6 Likes  
Baawra mann dekhne chala ek sapna .....  

Reading 'Shataram'....so far good....

can anyone suggest me a gud book on china tibet controversy and israel palestine conflict ????

• 1 Like  

Done with " The Immortals of Meluha " and its sequel " The Secret of Nagas " by Amish Tripathi. Waiting for the third and final part of the trilogy. The author has beautifully mixed mythology with fiction, one of its kind. The description is more like a visual treat. For everyone who is interested in mythology and looking for some freshness.

• 7 Likes  
I saw a dream...now working on to live that dream :)
kobe23 Says
Hey! Gladwell is THE guru in my mind. But about "employees first customers second", for some reason I found the book to be slightly on the unrealistic and pretentious side. I mean Indian companies more or less operate on volume labour economy, they hardly focus on high quality work force or on their employees. I have read the book, but to me it seemed more of an advice than we (indians) preach but never follow. Your take?

Gladwell no doubt is the master!!
About EFCS, well I may have liked it because I am an HR guy.. :biggrin:
For 2 years of MBA, I heard that things are changing, HR has come a long way and stuff and maybe I just found out a few changes through EFCS.. It has mentioned a lot of things that are idealistic but are practical..
And actually HCLT had come on campus and they had spoken about the things mentioned in the book, so there are chances that those are guys are really doing it..

P.S. I did not read it with skepticism, had I done so I might have found it to be unrealistic..
  • 2 Likes  
The first step towards reaching your life's goals is deciding what those goals are!!
Have been reading a lot recently, here are some of the books that I really liked:

1) Employees First Customers Second by Vineet Nayar: A really nice book, a story of a transformation.. Brings out some new concepts like reverse mergers, reverse accountability into the picture. Nice read overall.. :)

2) Predictably Irrational by Dan Ariely: This is simply a masterpiece, the amount of research that has gone into the book is amazing and the findings are simple awesome. The things that have been studied are not out of the world but you will definitely wonder as to how easily we can identify the patterns in our behavior.

Apart from that if you want to read books that have interesting studies and findings you can read any title by Malcolm Gladwell..

Hey! Gladwell is THE guru in my mind. But about "employees first customers second", for some reason I found the book to be slightly on the unrealistic and pretentious side. I mean Indian companies more or less operate on volume labour economy, they hardly focus on high quality work force or on their employees. I have read the book, but to me it seemed more of an advice than we (indians) preach but never follow. Your take?
Hiii puys
I want to read a book which would cover the economics and other related part which would come in my MBA nicely. I am from the engineering background and an avid reader of non fiction though my favourite book is One Hundred Years of Solitude.

there are lot many smart people here to suggest you about it. but here is my take on it. hope it helps,

http://www.pagalguy.com/forum/chit-chat-your-interests/96-some-books-i-have-read-post3418462.html#post3418462
Hey Puys,
Has anyone read " The Elegant Universe " ? I'm planning to buy it as I'm much interested in relativity, string theory etc. Is there any other, better title available on the same topic?
Thanks in advance.

there are a lot of options for that book. It depends on your current level of understanding of relativity. If you want intuitive basic understanding of relativity, i suggest michio kaku's books. you can find them on the net.
however if you are looking for more serious business, you could read roger penrose who's the mathematician friend of stephen hawking (Im sure eveyrone knows him). the relativity that you are going to read should be read in broader perspective to get the unified picture of the universe. For that you could read more on string theory by brian greene.
  • 4 Likes  
"Straight from the gut" by Jack Welch ( CEO GE )...
Its a must read for every1 in this post...........

I disagree, I have read a couple of his books. Its my take, they more or less trifling thoughts that are put in a new bottle.

Reading "In quest of Last victory"..
The book is on "Navin gulia" who was a soldier but met with a serious accident causing paralysis of his lower body...
Navin Gulia - Jatland Wiki

He is a limca book record holder for traveling from New delhi to Marsimik La, at 18,632 feet by non stop driving in 2.5 days.The record is also very special as inspite of limitations posed by his disabled body ,he was able to conquer the record which even fittest of man can't do.This record doesn't fall any category of disabled or abled but open to anyone.

One statement from him which I like is:
"Our body and mind has infinite ability.
Our ability never restricts us. Our thoughts do.
If we think we can we can.
If we think we can not we can not."
Will give elaborate reviews once I complete it...

• 5 Likes  

Follow This Discussion

When you follow a discussion, you receive notifications about new posts and comments. You can unfollow a discussion anytime, or turn off notifications for it.

2289 people follow this discussion.