About this discussion

Last updated

Author
Allwin Agnel @pagalguy

Tags

Some Books I have Read & Would Recommend

Hi All :: A bunch of books on management & related stuff. 1) Tom Peters - Circle of Innovation 2) Maverick - Ricardo Semler 3) Managing Radical Change - Sumantra Ghoshal 4) Every Business is a growth business - Ram Charan 5) Ge...
Follow this discussion to get notified of latest updates.
Page 252 of 810   
Hi frnds....
Any1 there to accompain me in discuss the issues of indian Advertising ....or if already there plz join meeeee.......plz
Commenting on this post has been disabled.

The Goal is really interesting... the last one i read was A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini...... He's a brilliant writer.. but too painful...... looking forward to read some interesting books =)

Wafa Deshmukh Follow me on Twitter @deshmukhwafa
Started with The Goal by Goldratt.
It's a book on operations management,how a sinking company is made to stand up on its feet again.

GOAL, one of my fav books of all time.

I suggest you to go for other goldratt books also, they are quite interesting.
  • 1 Like  
Rich Dad Poor Dad -By Robert Kiyosaki

Have you read this book?
What do you think about this book for Business people.
It has convincing ideologies presented in the simplest manner.

Do you believe in it.

It is a good book , but then you have to take it with a pinch of salt

Rich Dad Poor Dad -By Robert Kiyosaki

Have you read this book?
What do you think about this book for Business people.
It has convincing ideologies presented in the simplest manner.

Do you believe in it.

Started with The Goal by Goldratt.
It's a book on operations management,how a sinking company is made to stand up on its feet again.

Just finished reading - "In Cold Blood" by Truman Capote

The novel deals with the brutal murder of a family of 4 that happened way back in the 1960s. (True Story)
CharlieManson.Com - Clutter Family Murders - In Cold Blood

It delves deep into the minds of the murderers - Robert and Perry.
WHat was so disturbing about the novel was how humans have the capability of being so ruthless and brutal. The murders are a landmark case of Murders without any Apparent motive (American Journal of Psychiatry). What haunts me the most is the way in which the murderers describe the way they killed (blew the heads of the father, mother, son and daughter with a shotgun at point blank range) without any remorse, guilt and in fact joked about it later while being interrogated. All this, without having any grudge against the family.

A must read.

Haunting...to say the least.

If you have read the book then i think you will enjoy the movie capote in case you have not seen it.Its about truemans life during the writing of the novel.Some nice acting by philip seymout hoffman.
By the way that was his last novel.He dint write anyother after that.It traumatised him.
  • 1 Like  

Latest book I have read is "Joker in the Pack" . An easy yet interesting read, this story of an IIMB guy is a tale which almost every MBA graduate would recognize. His tale through IIMB life, the summers,grades,lectures,placements etc.

• 5 Likes  
The last book i read was almost 8 months ago(India Unbound) before starting preparations for CAT.

I read Steve Waugh's "Out of My Comfort zone " a year back .A must read for any cricket fan who respect and admire the baggy green.

Have planned to read
1)Gilly's "True Colours"
2)Pidge's "Line and Strength"

If anyone ve read these two books,plz pour in your comments about them.
Any other good sport related books ?
IIM-Bangalore | PGP 2013-15

Just finished reading - "In Cold Blood" by Truman Capote

The novel deals with the brutal murder of a family of 4 that happened way back in the 1960s. (True Story)
CharlieManson.Com - Clutter Family Murders - In Cold Blood

It delves deep into the minds of the murderers - Robert and Perry.
WHat was so disturbing about the novel was how humans have the capability of being so ruthless and brutal. The murders are a landmark case of Murders without any Apparent motive (American Journal of Psychiatry). What haunts me the most is the way in which the murderers describe the way they killed (blew the heads of the father, mother, son and daughter with a shotgun at point blank range) without any remorse, guilt and in fact joked about it later while being interrogated. All this, without having any grudge against the family.

A must read.

Haunting...to say the least.

• 2 Likes  

Follow This Discussion

When you follow a discussion, you receive notifications about new posts and comments. You can unfollow a discussion anytime, or turn off notifications for it.

2291 people follow this discussion.