SHOW

Some Books I have Read & Would Recommend

Hi All :: A bunch of books on management & related stuff. 1) Tom Peters - Circle of Innovation 2) Maverick - Ricardo Semler 3) Managing Radical Change - Sumantra Ghoshal 4) Every Business is a growth business - Ram Charan 5) Ge... Read More »
  • 10 Likes  
My old signature does not fit here :(
Commenting on this post has been disabled.

Well yes read this one yesterday :biggrin:

Very well written book. It was so effective that I really had a discussion about this with the husband. :)
I felt for Nisha and my heart went out to her wiehever she hit a road block. Thank you Preeti for the beautiful Mrs. B. Life seemed better for Nisha when she was around. Thank you for not making Nisha miserable and grief striken. Thank you.
  • 6 Likes  
Lal Bahadur Shastri Institute of Management- Admissions Open!

Classes, Case-studies, Cafeteria, Conferences, Competitions, Clubs, Camaraderie!

The 7 C's of LBSIM aptly summarize the 'Life@LBSIM' that impeccably epitomizes the ideal life of an MBA student, which, as our Director says, should be a blend of "70% learning outside the classroom and 30% learning inside the classroom"!

Learn More
Completed the book

The Transformation of Governance : Public Administration for Twenty-First Century America by Donald Kettl

Book is about public administration in USA and also Kettl suggests how it can be improved . Most of the things suggested in this book can be applicable in Indian context as well (just my opinion) . Definitely worth a read if someone is interested in Governance issues.
  • 4 Likes  
You are not rich until you own your mistakes - Linda Poindexter
just read........THE KITE RUNNER....it was a good read....

and the Jeffry archer's SINS OF THE FATHER.....BOOK 2 OF HIS CLIFFTON CHRONICLES SERIES.....

Another fictional good read for me was the pleasure seekers by tishani doshi....:)
  • 3 Likes  
iimk....:) 
I don't know how many of you are Shri Rabindranath Tagore's fan here. But if you are thn you all might already have read it, either in Bengali or in English.

His classic named GORA is one great book to read.

I have read it in English, and am learning to read bengali so that I can read his and Satyajeet Ray's work in original text. :)

@puri.pallavi - I am sure you will like Gora, as going by the posts here you have written, i think it's a genre you'll like! :)

Yeah i have read that in bengali....

True inspiration..:)
  • 3 Likes  
{We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit.}
hi,

just completed reading

1)Chanakya's Chant
Chanakya's Chant - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
After long time,read mytho-politico-thriller.truly engrossing & fact paced.

2)Emotional Intelligence-Daniel Goleman
Amazon.com: Emotional Intelligence: Why It Can Matter More Than IQ (9780553383713): Daniel Goleman: Books
good read on psychology & EI.
  • 3 Likes  
"Citius, Altius, Fortius", "Faster, Higher, Stronger"
For those heading to Delhi ( FMS, IIT D etc) read City of Djinns by Dalrymple.
What a book.
On a second thought, those not heading to Delhi should read it too. Dalrymple is by far the best travel writer of our generation.

P.S : @ above, another Gora fan here, read it in hindi though.
  • 4 Likes  
I don't know how many of you are Shri Rabindranath Tagore's fan here. But if you are thn you all might already have read it, either in Bengali or in English.

His classic named GORA is one great book to read.

I have read it in English, and am learning to read bengali so that I can read his and Satyajeet Ray's work in original text. :)

@puri.pallavi - I am sure you will like Gora, as going by the posts here you have written, i think it's a genre you'll like!
  • 7 Likes  
More likely to be found here: facebook.com/neil.mukherjee17
Reading "Unethical Rivalry"....

Full of punch backs...
  • 2 Likes  
{We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit.}
architheone Says
Hey can anyone suggest me a genuine and authentic biography of sachin tendulkar. There are many biographies available but I'm not sure which one is the best. Thanks in advance :)

wait for some time i am sure God(S.R.T) himself will write a book:biggrin::biggrin: but the new book by the newspaper "The Hindu" is worth giving a try....:):):)
  • 3 Likes  
SBT-2012 VC|| one last hurray
Hey can anyone suggest me a genuine and authentic biography of sachin tendulkar. There are many biographies available but I'm not sure which one is the best. Thanks in advance
I saw a dream...now working on to live that dream :)
Completed reading "The Last Lecture"

Wat an exquisite book...!

If u are down in life n need some inspiration....

Rejuvenate urself with this book....
  • 1 Like  
Sky is the Limit....!
Completed reading "The Last Lecture"

Wat an exquisite book...!

If u are down in life n need some inspiration....

Rejuvenate urself with this book....
  • 1 Like  
Sky is the Limit....!
Read this one

Well very casual writing. Frankly I did not like it.
Very breezy read. Read it in 4 hours straight.

I could have left it in the middle but I hate doing that so lived the horror.

Verdict- AVOIDABLE
  • 3 Likes  
Read Hello Bastar by Rahul Pandita

A book on Naxalite and Maoist movement of Central India!!!

For all the people who are interested in knowing the REAL STORY about this RED movement in the country...
  • 3 Likes  
More likely to be found here: facebook.com/neil.mukherjee17

Follow This Discussion

When you follow a discussion, you receive notifications about new posts and comments. You can unfollow a discussion anytime, or turn off notifications for it.

2290 people follow this discussion.