SHOW

SMU's Cox School of Business, Dallas MBA fall-09 Admits

Hi All, I have been admitted to the full time MBA starting fall-2009 @ Cox with $58,000 schol :: Started this thread for all puys who are on the same boat or are applying to this B-school. I will be happy to answer any queries you may h... Read More »
Hello Folks!

I am a bit of a late starter out here! Got my scholarship decision just a week back and have decided to join Cox MBA Class of 2011 starting this August.

For the record, I have been working with TCS since more than three and a half years, with the last 18 months in UK. Now totally hooked on to the paperwork required to get the I20 and thereafter the F1 Visa!

Good to see that future batch-mates have started getting to know each other very well out here. Will stay in touch from here on, and will keep popping up questions about the visa process to those who are through with all their preparations and are now somewhat 'cooling their heels' before they finally head towards Dallas.

Thanks & Regards,
Aby101.
Hello,

I have sent a PM to you. I prepared a lot for the VISA interview... i mean the paper work and all.. but the officer just asked very basic 4-5 questions and didnt ask for any doc. The questions were:
Why do you want to go to US?
What have you been doing in INDIA?
Why have you chosen this school?
I can see you have a schol but where are you getting the rest of the money from? ( I mentioned family and edu loan.. he didnt even ask for the sanction letter)
Do you intend to work in US?

HTH!
All the best!
Regards,
Abhi

Congrats abhi

Can you please share your VISA process preparation and interview experience ?

Thanks
Sac
  • 1 Like  
School of Inspired Leadership - Admissions Open!

SOIL has been co-created by a consortium of 32 leading companies. Admissions Open for the 7th Batch!

500 + Alumni working in top positions across industry.

Average Package : 9.0 Lacs, Highest Package : 18.0 Lacs

Apply Now!

Know more about 1 year leadership program at SOIL.

Download Now
Hello frns!
Had my visa interview today.. went fine.. and i m glad that I am finally done with the formalities ;)
All the best to all of you!
Anybody who is in the same boat.. and has decided to join Cox?????

Regards,
Abhi

Congrats abhi

Can you please share your VISA process preparation and interview experience ?

Thanks
Sac
Hello frns!
Had my visa interview today.. went fine.. and i m glad that I am finally done with the formalities ;)
All the best to all of you!
Anybody who is in the same boat.. and has decided to join Cox?????

Regards,
Abhi
vidviswanath Says
Rejected!!!!

Another reject. Got the post today
mvkarthik Says
Guess all our fate is the same. Tough luck guys. ATB for other applications. I am awaiting my mail though

Rejected!!!!
I got a mail(post) today.

It's a reject. had an interview in bang ..
Did ne1 who had a personal interview got through??

Guess all our fate is the same. Tough luck guys. ATB for other applications. I am awaiting my mail though
I got a mail(post) today.

It's a reject. had an interview in bang ..
Did ne1 who had a personal interview got through??
frigid sapphire Says
I got the mail and its a reject guys.

Hi,
When did you get the mail?
I got the mail and its a reject guys.
gogo9 Says
5 days.. but i am worried as she said if selected they would mail else expect a post, when i had a pi WITH HER IN BANG

I hope that the mails arrive soon and an end is put to all our speculations
gogo9 Says
5 days.. but i am worried as she said if selected they would mail else expect a post, when i had a pi WITH HER IN BANG

I too remember her saying that. But, a bad process! Why can't they mail everyone? Tch tch..
same here..

ne1 has got a different reply

I havent mailed her. How long do u think, it would take for a normal post to reach us?

Regards,
Karthik
same here..

ne1 has got a different reply

Follow This Discussion

When you follow a discussion, you receive notifications about new posts and comments. You can unfollow a discussion anytime, or turn off notifications for it.

22 people follow this discussion.