About this discussion

Last updated

Author
@Anonymous

Tags

Shortlisting Criteria - 2011

Hello friends, Kindly post the shortlisting criteria adopted by IIMs and other institutes for this year. We can expect that the IIMs will disclose the criteria before the exams in order to avoid last year fiasco. So kindly pos...
Follow this discussion to get notified of latest updates.
Page 2 of 77   

It's very delighted to see some of the guys posting "converted the B call" wish I would post d same soon (an year)*
Someone pls help me, these are my academics
Xth-86
XIIth-90.6
UG-7.5 (CGPA)*
Wrk.Ex- 7 months n counting will b 18 months ex if I would make thru CAT dis*
Got an international certificate,had been a part of car fabrication n running it, I shod tel u it's a race n stood 11th world wide (does dis even count?)*

Guys pls help me I guess dis is my 37th post in almost al d major MBA cat related sites. No reply*
I felt dis thread would be my rescue.*
Wat it takes to get a cal frm B? Apart frm cracking cat!*
Pls pls pls someone reply :'( help me
Whr do I stand? Do I hv a chance!!

Deepmoy Says
Hey @kaaliya just hv a qstn in mind i hv 86, 79.68 and 74 in 10th,12th and b.tech and i hv no gap , frm a top NIT and am plcd in IBM and ericsson(10 mnths work ex nxt yr) and also hv a fair amnt of co currics and xtra currics wat are my prob chance of making in to C.L.I.K coz i know A.B is out of my league and also to add my 10 and 12 are from state board whicg may be helpful 4 K?

Every chance of making it to C,L...not too sure about I,K...

Give ur best Buddy and u will easily sail through!!!
Your acads are just fine as far as C,L are concerned...(Taking this yr's criteria into perspective)...

All the best!!!
IMT Open Admissions for 2015

Kellogg India, L'Oreal India, Thomas Cook, Citibank etc. among the top recruiters.

Informed Decisions today leads to Promised Future tomorrow.

Take Your Call Now

Know More About Us!

Download Now

Hey @kaaliya just hv a qstn in mind i hv 86, 79.68 and 74 in 10th,12th and b.tech and i hv no gap , frm a top NIT and am plcd in IBM and ericsson(10 mnths work ex nxt yr) and also hv a fair amnt of co currics and xtra currics wat are my prob chance of making in to C.L.I.K coz i know A.B is out of my league and also to add my 10 and 12 are from state board whicg may be helpful 4 K?

PokeyBoy Says
@kaaliya -- ohk bro...and i will surely keep a few backup options available with me. and i just found a link for the IIMC selection criteria just now ... cutoffs 99.55% this year and my 10th and 12th grade scores wont be a problem there by the weightage alloted by them and the points scale...so all is not lost i guess :)

Yup!!! thats y i said score above 99.7....99.7 because cut off was 99.55 for those who scored 80+ in 10th,12th ..since u have 78 in 12th u have to compensate that with even higher score.....so,for u the cut off will be in the 99.7 range...hope u get my point....and yes,all is not lost,atleast not for u...

all the best..!!:cheers:
  • 1 Like  

@kaaliya -- ohk bro...and i will surely keep a few backup options available with me. and i just found a link for the IIMC selection criteria just now ... cutoffs 99.55% this year and my 10th and 12th grade scores wont be a problem there by the weightage alloted by them and the points scale...so all is not lost i guess

PokeyBoy Says
@kaaliya --- ok...so m going to score big...thats it...the end of discussion ;)

Ya,Gud luck with that....Just for a back-up...do fill other colleges like XLRI,MDI,JB,NEW IIM'S,NM....

Dont repeat the mistake that i did this yr.Its always good to have a back up option with u in case things dont go the way u wanted them to be....these are also gud colleges and not much difference in placements unless u are hell bent on getting into front office I-bank role...which u can only get in A/B/C (that too very few in no.)..otherwise not much of a difference....!!!

All the best dude !!!

:cheers:

@chandan kumar-- 74,68 in 10th,12th CBSE
  • 1 Like  

@Kaliya.
If u dnt mind, cn u share ur 10 and 12th marks.

PokeyBoy Says
@chandan -- no bro...it wont affect at all as many students do that. you can justify it by saying that the one year break was well worth it as you had managed to secure admission in NIT which is one of the top engineering colleges in the country. but in general they don't even bother. might just pull your leg (i have heard of panelist just toying with the candidates during the interview) to see how you react. but it wont be a deciding factor at all

Thanks a lot buddy. cheers.

@kaaliya --- ok...so m going to score big...thats it...the end of discussion

Hey pg's!!!,

Could anyone please let me know if i stand a chance of getting into any one of the older IIM's with the following academic profile now that quite a few of them have revamped their selection procedure
10th -- 87.6% (CBSE)
12th--78% (CBSE)
graduation -- 65% Electrical Engineering (3rd year) (Pune University)

I plan to appear for CAT this year (2012)

Thodi madat kar do yaaron

To be honest..No chance of getting a call from B,K,I,A,S & a bleak chance of making it to C,L if u score above 99.7...I said bleak coz IIM-L has a diversity centric Adm. criteria and IIM-C gives 10% weightage to 10,12th respectively.

So,if u want to enter L,C score huge ...i mean really huge buddy...Be on the safe side..score a 100 !!!

P.S i scored 99.61 and no calls from any of the old IIM's this yr..!!!!
  • 2 Likes  

@chandan -- no bro...it wont affect at all as many students do that. you can justify it by saying that the one year break was well worth it as you had managed to secure admission in NIT which is one of the top engineering colleges in the country. but in general they don't even bother. might just pull your leg (i have heard of panelist just toying with the candidates during the interview) to see how you react. but it wont be a deciding factor at all

@PokeyBoy...
@igNit..
hey buddy kindly address my query, its very urgent. I wanted to knw dat given d fact dat i hv dropped a year to prepar efr my engg entrance exam, wud it matter as far as selection to the B-school as well as placement are concerned???
plzzzz reply

Hey pg's!!!,

Could anyone please let me know if i stand a chance of getting into any one of the older IIM's with the following academic profile now that quite a few of them have revamped their selection procedure
10th -- 87.6% (CBSE)
12th--78% (CBSE)
graduation -- 65% Electrical Engineering (3rd year) (Pune University)

I plan to appear for CAT this year (2012)

Thodi madat kar do yaaron

Here goes my acads

X th - 90.8%

XII th - 81.4%

Btech - 67% :banghead: (upto 5th sem - got one more sem before CAT 12)

extra curricular - decent involvement in various college events
- a core team member of an NGO

MY QUESTION -

1) Do I stand any chance of making it to the top notch IIM's ...
If yes, then at what percentile.

I have started my prep for CAT 12 with the determination of making it to IIM A/B/C.

thanx a lot!

Every year the criteria for IIMs change. But according to last year's criteria, you stand a good chance in IIM-C if you score above 99.6%ile. For IIM-A you need to score 21 out of 35 point scale to get calls for GD/PI, which you can check on IIM-A website. IIM-B gives serious profile based calls with workex so I cant tell you much about it.

hii puys...
I am still in 3rd year and thinking to take CAT after 2 yrs of job ex. Although, i study in mechanical engg branch but given teh growth rate, locations and better prospects in switching the companies i am looking forward to joining an IT cos viz TCS, INFY,IBM,WIPRO. Will that create any sort of problem since i dont belong to IT branch as far as admission to MBA colleges are concerned and wich one among the 4 listed IT giants u think is better???
plzzzz reply.

Being from mechanical, It would be better for you if you go for companies related to your domain. Why I say this because it will help you in 1. justifying yourself in interviews 2. There are plenty of IT engineers already and colleges(and companies which come for placements) look for people from varying fields. Also some companies specifically look for people of your background and experience(rather than IT people) and would recruit you and pay you more than what they pay to others. This helps raise your employability in the eyes of college interviewers and they would select you.
Answering your second question, it actually doesnt really matter which IT company you have worked for as long as it is IT.

P.S. - I am an IT engineer, worked for Infy for 2 years.
  • 1 Like  

hii puys...
I am still in 3rd year and thinking to take CAT after 2 yrs of job ex. Although, i study in mechanical engg branch but given teh growth rate, locations and better prospects in switching the companies i am looking forward to joining an IT cos viz TCS, INFY,IBM,WIPRO. Will that create any sort of problem since i dont belong to IT branch as far as admission to MBA colleges are concerned and wich one among the 4 listed IT giants u think is better???
plzzzz reply.

Follow This Discussion

When you follow a discussion, you receive notifications about new posts and comments. You can unfollow a discussion anytime, or turn off notifications for it.

377 people follow this discussion.