Schulich MBA - Fall 2012 Applicants & Admits

Hi All, Initiating this thread for all those applying/admitted to the Schulich School of Business for the Fall 2012 FT MBA program. Regards, Sandesh Admitted: Fall 2012 - Schulich School of Business
Follow this discussion to get notified of latest updates.
Page 2 of 29   

I know that they are contacting people today. You should hear from Carol Pattenden.
If you want to write to her directly it is cpattend@schulich.yorku.ca

• 1 Like  

Hello Charmaine, I have tried to reach out to the Admissions office at Schulich repeatedly in the recent past but every time I call or email, I never seem to get the information I need, can you please help?

I applied to Schulich on 1st February, on 9th April I received an email saying that I meet all the requirements for admission but space availability for Fall 2012 was a concern and that I would be emailed again by May 7th with information about when I can join the school (i.e. Fall 2012 or Spring 2013). May 7th is now over but I still have no information from the school.

Can you please look into the matter and help me?

Admissions 2015 @ Great Lakes

PGPM 2015-16

1 Year Fast Track MBA Program for experienced professionals. 

App. Deadline (Cycle 2): 24 Jan. 2015

PGDM 2015-17

2 Year MBA program for graduates with 0-2 years of experience. 

Learn More

Global Faculty and internationally benchmarked curriculum

Accredited by AMBA, UK (PGPM & PGXPM Programs)

Ranked 7th by Outlook & Business Today in One Year MBA Programs (2014)

Ranked 10th by Business India in Top B-Schools (2014)

Avg. CTC of INR 11.43 Lakhs p.a. for PGPM 2013-14 &

Avg. CTC of INR 8.07 Lakhs p.a. for PGDM 2012-14

Know More

While I do not intend to debate anyone here... the rankings over the last three years for Schulich have all been consistently sound... working with our students I do not see a decline, nor have we seen a decline in recruiters seeking our graduates. I would advise all of you who are seeking details to contact the school directly with your questions.

• 2 Likes  

Guys, I dont intend to put anyone down here but Schulich's reputation in Canada has taken a big hit over the last couple of years. This is not the Schulich of pre 2010 esteem wise. Recruiters in GTA are very skeptical about Schulich grads at the moment and unless you blow them away during the interview process, chances are that you will be overlooked. With that said, if you aim to major in marketing and work in that function, pick Schulich! Otherwise you are much better off going for Queens or Ivey or Rotman.

Hi Surbhi,

Here is the link to the eligibility requirements. It clearly states that with a 3 years degree u need a masters, else a 4 years degree will do.
Schulich School of Business - Admissions

Of course, this is for MBA in india. For MBA in Canada, i guess the requirements would still be the same...
The best thing to do would be to write to them (admissions committee). They are pretty quick in responding.

Cheers!!

Hii.. Can anyone please tell me if schulich accepts students with 3 years bachelors?
I have done my bachelors from bangalore university..the only thing thats stopping me from applying to york is the absence of a 4 years bachelors.

IF you need guidance on paying, Carol Partland is the contact to make.
She will answer your queries directly. cpartland@schulich.yorku.ca She will walk you through the payment process step by step.

chethanrv Says
I would suggest you write to the intladmissions and also to the admin coordinator assigned to you. You would have received the confirmation email from admin coordinator. I did the same. I had filed my app on 31st Jan as well. Had my interview in last week of Feb. I received the admit on 5th March.

Thanks Chethan
Hello Everyone,

Has anyone heard anything about the different types of on-campus jobs available at Schulich. How much does one get paid for it?

Thanks in advance!!

There are research assistant, teaching assistant, exam proctoring jobs available but you can apply for them once you enroll by approaching the professors or department staff in person.

Hello Everyone,

Has anyone heard anything about the different types of on-campus jobs available at Schulich. How much does one get paid for it?

Thanks in advance!!

Hey..
Can someone help who has paid or considering to pay thru Travelex as it would be useful when we pay our Tuition Fee also !!

Cheers
Amit

Hi Amit,

If you find a way how to pay the fee through Travelex please let me know that too. I am also considering paying it via Travelex but i am not sure how to do it.

Thanks
Chamandeep

Hey Puys,

I wrote to Schulich about how to use Travelex for our payments and they said ppl from India have used for transfering money. Can some explain how to use that facility as I have inquired so many times, but haven't got any idea how to use it exactly. The Page they have mentioned for payment through Travelex doesn't contain the name of India even. So really stuck about this Travellex thing !!!

I would suggest you write to the intladmissions and also to the admin coordinator assigned to you. You would have received the confirmation email from admin coordinator. I did the same. I had filed my app on 31st Jan as well. Had my interview in last week of Feb. I received the admit on 5th March.

I have applied on Jan 31st and got the confirmation mail that the application has all documents on Feb 20th. It has been 40 days after that.

Should I write to Schulich Team to know the status?

Thanks,
Saai

I have applied on Jan 31st and got the confirmation mail that the application has all documents on Feb 20th. It has been 40 days after that.

Should I write to Schulich Team to know the status?

Thanks,
Saai

Follow This Discussion

When you follow a discussion, you receive notifications about new posts and comments. You can unfollow a discussion anytime, or turn off notifications for it.

86 people follow this discussion.