PaGaLGuY's Prepathon

Get access to great test material and prepare with friends! For CAT, IBPS, SSC-CGL and more!

Download for free.

Richard Ivey 2012 Applicants

Hi, Calling all applicants for MBA program at Richard Ivey School of Business starting in April 2012. I have applied for the early deadline and have telephonic interview next week. Anyone else who also applied for the early deadline?
Follow this discussion to get notified of latest updates.
Page 16 of 33   
Hi Guys,

I have been a silent observer here at pagalguy.com. Can someone please review my profile:

My details are:

GMAT: 590 (44Q, 27V, AWA - 5)
Undergraduate from Mumbai University: 68% (am not sure how much GPA that stands for)
MBA: 61% (I completed a 2 year full time MBA from a Tier 2 B-School, Mumbai University in 2003)
Work Experience: Close to 8 years (In Equity Research, Investment Banking, Private Equity)
EC: Decent
Fundamentally very sound knowledge of Finance

I am preparing for Ivey's essays and plan to apply in a few days. I dont want to change tracks and will look for jobs in Consulting/Finance.

Am apprehensive about my low GMAT score. Do you think I stand a chance for an admit in Ivey?

Regards,
Dinesh

I will suggest instead call Ivey admission and discuss your profile as well as GMAT score with them to understand if you should apply. My suggestion would be to try for GMAT and get it in 670+ level...did u take any prep classes for GMAT or was it self study? I knw from my experience that GMAT verbal is pretty mechanical...its easy to pump up score from 27 to 35 levels by gud guidance...atleast that's how it worked for me.Ivey or other top colleges are very strict with re-app...so tht's somethin u want to avoid...check with adcom before applying.Given ur experience, acads...i think u should go for GMAT again...while there are instance of 590 scores...those are typically - minority (non indians - african etc), exceptional achievements (olympic champs, diplomats, ms/mr US etc)!!

I shall do that. Thanks Samarpan.

Dinesh

Hi Dinesh - no idea. But you can browse through earlier posts (meaning 2010, 2011 intake posts) in the first page of this thread. This might give you some perspective. Alternatively the best way is to reach out to student ambassadors / current students.

samarpan

Hi Samarpan - I have submitted my resume and am waiting for their reply. Lets see what are their views. Do you know of any student getting in IVEY with a low GMAT score. Thanks for your quick reply.

Regards,
Dinesh

Hi Guys,

I have been a silent observer here at pagalguy.com. Can someone please review my profile:

My details are:

Undergraduate from Mumbai University: 68% (am not sure how much GPA that stands for)
MBA: 61% (I completed a 2 year full time MBA from a Tier 2 B-School, Mumbai University in 2003)
Work Experience: Close to 8 years (In Equity Research, Investment Banking, Private Equity)

I am preparing for Ivey's essays and plan to apply in a few days. I dont want to change tracks and will look for jobs in Consulting/Finance.

Am apprehensive about my low GMAT score. Do you think I stand a chance for an admit in Ivey?

Regards,
Dinesh

Hi Dinesh - Did you try submitting your resume for assessment in Insider Track. I guess it will be a good starting point.
lakshyarustagi Says
samarpanbschool - Thats great news. When is your interview? Can you also share your profile.

Hi lakshyarustagi - Thanks. My interview is on the 19th Oct.
My brief profile: Male / Indian / 30 / 7 years work ex / 700 (QA:45 -71 %, VA:40- 89%) / non-IT background

I have replied to your PM.

All the best for your apps

Best/samarpan

Hi Guys,

My details are:

Regards,
Dinesh

samarpanbschool - Thats great news. When is your interview? Can you also share your profile.

Got an interview invite.

Hello People,

Anyone submitted for R2 got an interview call??

samarpan

Follow This Discussion

When you follow a discussion, you receive notifications about new posts and comments. You can unfollow a discussion anytime, or turn off notifications for it.

66 people follow this discussion.