SHOW

Richard Ivey 2012 Applicants

Hi, Calling all applicants for MBA program at Richard Ivey School of Business starting in April 2012. I have applied for the early deadline and have telephonic interview next week. Anyone else who also applied for the early deadline?
@polarityfact :

How do I contact you? indujain2005@gmail.com
@overlord :

Many thanks. You are a very kind hearted person and I know this from your posts. Knowing you will be a pleasure for me.
School of Inspired Leadership - Admissions Open!

SOIL has been co-created by a consortium of 32 leading companies. Admissions Open for the 7th Batch!

500 + Alumni working in top positions across industry.

Average Package: 9.0 Lacs, Highest Package: 18.0 Lacs

Apply Now!

Know more about 1 year leadership program at SOIL.

Download Now
@HelloGoodBye said:
@overlord :Could you help me with Off-Campus Housing? I am interested in a furnished room within 1 km of Ivey Spencer Centre.
That is a tall ask. 655 & 665 Winderemere are the closest buildings to spencer and it wld take you abt 5-10 mins to walk it However as far as i know you won't get fully furnished flats. What you could do is get in touch with the present batch students and work out a deal where you buy all their furniture and take their flat over when they leave. The present batch students wld love that since they don't have to go out searching for ppl to buy their stuff and you can deal with just one person and get everything that you want. Generally towards the end of Dec n jan there is gen a facebook page where all the tradin and buying between the present n incoming batch happens. you could wait for that to start or you could start gettin in touch with ppl in the present batch. I graduated in april this yr and am currently back in India in hyderabad so I unfortunately wont be able to help you directly. Hope this info helps and let me know if you have more doubts.
@overlord :

Could you help me with Off-Campus Housing? I am interested in a furnished room within 1 km of Ivey Spencer Centre.
Hi guys just got a call from Ivey and they confirmed my admit for the batch starting Apr'13.
Would look forward to connecting with fellow students going from India.

Regards,
Danesh

Had my interview with Karen on 19th July 2012. Getting really nervous as i am yet to hear from Ivey on the decision and it has already been more than 3 weeks since the interview. This wait is a killer.

Hi @[246481:overlord], Thank you for providing those insights. If you are still around, I would appreciate it if you could answer my questions too.

1. Have any students been placed in general management roles? If so, could you please name a few companies that recruit students for these roles?
2. Same question for marketing roles.

My questions are with respect to international students (esp Indians) but I would appreciate a domestic + international breakup too if possible (just to get the overall picture).

Thank you.
Hi CheckEETS, congratulations! Can you please share your profile.

Also, I have created a thread for the 2013 applications, here is the link.
http://www.pagalguy.com/forums/gmat-accepting-bschools/richard-ivey-2013-applicants-t-84227

Let's continue the discussion there!

I am a bit confused. Unless they have changed something recently i.e in the past 2 months; since I graduated in April, Ivey still had only one batch which starts in April and PKP for that batch starts in March. Whats starting in Jan?????

My apologies. This is for the April batch as well.
FT MBA (2013-14), Melbourne Business School
Hi polarityfact,

Thnx for taking this initiative. Firstly, can u plz share ur profile?

Here's my volley of Q.s:

1) How many students got a 50% or above scholarship in the current batch? How many with full-riders? More importantly, are there any Indian students among them?
2) How has the job market in Canada played out this year? Can u plz share the latest placement stats? Have Indian students found jobs in consulting/finance domain? How much of a role does the 'local experience' play when looking for consulting jobs?
3) Is Richard Ivey for career switchers?
4) Are there any companies in the natural resources (mining, oil, gas) sector recruiting for corporate finance roles? I'm interest in consulting/i-banking/corporate finance roles with a focus on natural resources.
5) What profiles are offered by the Big4 audit firms? I'm currently with E&Y; India (in a pseudo Corp.Fin. role) and wouldn't mind wrking wid E&Y; Canada. I'm sure E&Y; must hv recruited at Richard Ivey. Can u plz tell me wat role was offered by the firm?

My profile is:
GMAT: Will be writing in a month
Work exp: 33 months (till date) with E&Y; (got gr8 career progression and a couple of awards)
Acads: BBS (Finance), Delhi University (Top tier college but awful acads)
EC: Exceptional
Comm service: None

I'm looking to apply in Round 1.

Thanks in advance !!

I am sure polarity fact is busy with the prog so I chose to answer these questions. Having just graduated, I prob know a bit more about the job market, however polarityfact would definitely have all the stats on the present batch.

I don't know the exact numbers but I do know that this time there has definitely been an huge increase in the number of Indians in the batch. And most Indian students atleast in my batch did get a schol..

2. To be fair the job market is quite crazy and firms are worried about a double dip. the present batch has just gone to Get Connected and they will prob be more optimistic because all the firms market themselves well but trust me that the market as such is slow. International students have founds jobs in Consulting and finance too. But the number is less than 5.
1 - IB, 2 - Consulting, 2 - Bank rotational program.
Consulting firms don't care about local experience but they do care about your grades and obviously the previous sector experience that you have. The main thing though with consulting is that firms such as Accenture, Bain, & ZS will not hire international students as they need someone who can travel to the US too and work.That is only possible if you have a canadian passport. The other firms such as McKinsey, BCG, Deloitte etc have no issues hiring but you have to understand that McK, BCG will prob hire 1-2 candidates and deloitte is typically around 6-10.

3. Tough to answer. It definitely is a place for switching your career if you are canadian but as an International student it is a bit more difficult. There have been people in my batch (2011) who have been able to switch careers but that number is quite low. If you are looking at a function and Industry switch then a 2yr program which gives you an opportunity for an internship might be better. Having said that I heard that Rotman placements have also been extremely bad this year.

4. Since you have worked at E&Y; the move to Fin in Natural resources should be easy for you. I have a friend who has moved into a similar position recently with Flint Energy in Calgary after the program.

5. Sorry but I don't remember the roles they posted for but E&Y; was on the job board.

I'd like to hear the answers too, so I will not comment on these. :-)
By the way, has anyone else heard from Richard Ivey? I got a call from Maria informing me that I have secured an admit for the batch starting Jan 2013! :-)
No scholarship info though...:-(Does anyone have a clue when I might come to know about that?

I am a bit confused. Unless they have changed something recently i.e in the past 2 months; since I graduated in April, Ivey still had only one batch which starts in April and PKP for that batch starts in March. Whats starting in Jan?????
batiatus Says
Can sum1 answer these Q.s pls??

I'd like to hear the answers too, so I will not comment on these. :-)
By the way, has anyone else heard from Richard Ivey? I got a call from Maria informing me that I have secured an admit for the batch starting Jan 2013! :-)
No scholarship info though...:-(Does anyone have a clue when I might come to know about that?
Hi polarityfact,

Here's my volley of Q.s:

1) How many students got a 50% or above scholarship in the current batch? How many with full-riders? More importantly, are there any Indian students among them?
2) How has the job market in Canada played out this year? Can u plz share the latest placement stats? Have Indian students found jobs in consulting/finance domain? How much of a role does the 'local experience' play when looking for consulting jobs?
4) Are there any companies in the natural resources (mining, oil, gas) sector recruiting for corporate finance roles? I'm interest in consulting/i-banking/corporate finance roles with a focus on natural resources.
5) What profiles are offered by the Big4 audit firms? I'm currently with E&Y; India (in a pseudo Corp.Fin. role) and wouldn't mind wrking wid E&Y; Canada. I'm sure E&Y; must hv recruited at Richard Ivey. Can u plz tell me wat role was offered by the firm?

My profile is:
Work exp: 33 months (till date) with E&Y; (got gr8 career progression and a couple of awards)

Thanks in advance !!

Can sum1 answer these Q.s pls??
Any news from folks who've been interviewed already?
Hi Polarityfact,

I am a Round 1 applicant to Richard Ivey. Here's my profile

GMAT 690( Q-49,V-35, AWA-6.0)
Work Ex: 6.5 years/IT

I have few specific questions which I would like to discuss. Kindly let me know if we can have a chat about it. My email id is : rishi.2507@gmail.com
Hey guys,
I am presently pursuing my MBA at Ivey, if you guys have any doubt or any queries...please reach out to me. I might take time to reply, but i would try my best to accommodate your questions.....

take care

Hi polarityfact,

Here's my volley of Q.s:

My profile is:

Thanks in advance !!

Follow This Discussion

When you follow a discussion, you receive notifications about new posts and comments. You can unfollow a discussion anytime, or turn off notifications for it.

66 people follow this discussion.